WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GUNPOWDER GN 6 is FINALLY ready to race.

fdlock890

River Rat
Reaction score
Just thought I would pass along that I am FINALLY ready to take John Nordblad's #6 GUNPOWDER racing. This has been a VERY long process. This would have not been possible without the tireless effort of a few INCREDIBLE people. I want to thank them... First is Paul "Grich" Grichar, he is an amazing wealth of knowledge and a tireless passion for boats and boat racing. He is such a great friend and mentor. Next is Ben "MAXIMUS" Marrone, he has ALWAYS been there and has as much time and effort in my boat as I do. His advise and efforts with my fuel injection setup, and mentoring me with the mill and lathe and putting his touch on my boat. And finally, Scott "NVflat" Leavett, he has been there though out this whole process. Always there to lend a hand, and willing to help figure out a problem. To you guys, I could NEVER say THANK YOU near enough. You guys are the ONLY reason I was able to live out my dream and finally go GN racing. My first race will be the Long Beach Sprint National August 6&7. Here is a pic from last weekend in Parker.

Thanks, Lock
GN 6
GUNPOWDER

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your rig together, looks great. Good luck in Long Beach, hope to be there to watch but not sure yet.

thetub

Reaction score
Looks like shes airing out pretty good and you have your ass sucked back in that seat :eek

good luck...

Rudy would be proud...

fdlock890

River Rat
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your rig together, looks great. Good luck in Long Beach, hope to be there to watch but not sure yet.

Thank you very much. This has been a LONG 7 year total project. I hope to see you at LB.

Lock

Looks like shes airing out pretty good and you have your ass sucked back in that seat :eek

good luck...

Rudy would be proud...

LOL, yea the ol girl was getting some but she does not usually hang the fins like that. Barry took a killer shot. THANKS for the kind words about Rudy. My ultimate goal was to make Rudy and John Nordblad proud. I hope I pulled it off.

Thanks, Lock

thetub

Reaction score
Thank you very much. This has been a LONG 7 year total project. I hope to see you at LB.

Lock

LOL, yea the ol girl was getting some but she does not usually hang the fins like that. Barry took a killer shot. THANKS for the kind words about Rudy. My ultimate goal was to make Rudy and John Nordblad proud. I hope I pulled it off.

Thanks, Lock

whats it like with the center seating???

I wonder what Rudy would say?

:thumbsup

fdlock890

River Rat
Reaction score
whats it like with the center seating???

I wonder what Rudy would say?

:thumbsup

It is actually very cool. I have driven numerous Rayson's and REALLY like it. Plus as Grich said it affords a little margin of safety just in case I get tangled up with another boat. The only drawback so far was moving the engine forward. You are limited on the distance due to the seat. I would hope Rudy would approve, but we will see how she does at Long Beach.

Lock

rivergames

Reaction score
Glad to see her running tits Lock! See ya soon brudda :thumbsup

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Just thought I would pass along that I am FINALLY ready to take John Nordblad's #6 GUNPOWDER racing. This has been a VERY long process. This would have not been possible without the tireless effort of a few INCREDIBLE people. I want to thank them... First is Paul "Grich" Grichar, he is an amazing wealth of knowledge and a tireless passion for boats and boat racing. He is such a great friend and mentor. Next is Ben "MAXIMUS" Marrone, he has ALWAYS been there and has as much time and effort in my boat as I do. His advise and efforts with my fuel injection setup, and mentoring me with the mill and lathe and putting his touch on my boat. And finally, Scott "NVflat" Leavett, he has been there though out this whole process. Always there to lend a hand, and willing to help figure out a problem. To you guys, I could NEVER say THANK YOU near enough. You guys are the ONLY reason I was able to live out my dream and finally go GN racing. My first race will be the Long Beach Sprint National August 6&7. Here is a pic from last weekend in Parker.

Thanks, Lock
GN 6
GUNPOWDER

Great job man! Raced many laps gunnel to gunnel w/Big John when it was a NWSRA boat. G'Luk at LB!

fdlock890

River Rat
Reaction score
Great job man! Raced many laps gunnel to gunnel w/Big John when it was a NWSRA boat. G'Luk at LB!

THANK YOU so much, if you go to LB stop by and say hello. Also, if you hear of any nostalgia ski race events/gatherings I would love to bring the ol girl and hear the stories and let everyone know GUNPOWDER is still alive and kicking. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Lock

guest hs

Reaction score
Great job now I have a local I can route for at the races!