WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Guy jumps off of the top of PennyBacker Bridge into Lake Austin

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Idk about you guys, but I see this and it pisses me off a little bit. People doing stupid shit like this and making the system pay for it is why health insurance is so fucking expensive. Anyway, minirant over. Enjoy the video

Last edited:

Sherpa

Reaction score
When I lived in Austin it was just to the left of the bridge in the video... I'd ride my bike down to ramp to hang out...... that bridge jump is NUTS........ it's high.
and I'v'e jumped from the HWY 70 bridge pilings into lake oroville....

--Sherpa

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Moron is lucky he didn't land on a boat or submerged rock. That entire area is kinda sketch underwater. It's great wake boarding but the water is cold as shit. I live not to far from it.

Sherpa

Reaction score
the river in that area is about 30 feet deep..... they used to drain the lake every 2-3 years during winter to allow homeowners to repair water lines, sea walls, etc...

cool shit is found on the river bottom when it's drained.... just a trickle through the bottom.

farmo83

Reaction score
Its actually illegal to jump off any bridge into the Colorado River in the state so he should get a ticket. A law myself, my cousin and all of our friends broke countless times jumping off the bridge on the north end of Lake Austin as little kids.

If his dream is to jump off that bridge, get some ambition man.

I'm with shlbyntro, I'm thrilled that I get to pay for his hospital stay and his vote counted just as much as mine did in the last election.

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Its actually illegal to jump off any bridge into the Colorado River in the state so he should get a ticket. A law myself, my cousin and all of our friends broke countless times jumping off the bridge on the north end of Lake Austin as little kids.

If his dream is to jump off that bridge, get some ambition man.

I'm with shlbyntro, I'm thrilled that I get to pay for his hospital stay and his vote counted just as much as mine did in the last election.

Ya but the difference is your jump was a relatively safe 10ft, as opposed to his idiotic jump of over 210.

I'd say that chest tube he has would suggest he also broke a rib or 2 and also punctured a lung in addition to fracturing his skull and an obvious complimentary concussion

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
When I lived in Austin it was just to the left of the bridge in the video... I'd ride my bike down to ramp to hang out...... that bridge jump is NUTS........ it's high.
and I'v'e jumped from the HWY 70 bridge pilings into lake oroville....
--Sherpa
... I know that bridge well jumping from the bridge itself I would say no ...jumping from the pilings not too bad...

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
What a fucking moron!

that dumb ass better get a J-O-B ASAP

im sure his parents are so proud

2Driver

Reaction score
Glad I just paid my $1,600 Obamacare monthly bill so that leach on the country could get his free hospital care.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Since it is illegal, Can the law go after him for this?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The only thing that pisses me off is that the cheapskate didn't use a go-pro to film the jump first person.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Turns out homeboy is a YouTuber and his social media "influence" earned him a cracked skull

Is it me or are people just less skilled when doing stuff nowadays? It seems a large portion of society is just fucking dumb and uncoordinated because they learn everything on a screen or video game. I'm 40 and probably 220ish and would have stuck that splash down no prob