WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Guys looking at new boat

parker guy

Reaction score
I would really consider a walk off Daytona...pick your size and power...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was teasing you, but i think the term "deck boat" has to due with the deck lay out, and walk off bow and stern. I think the industry standard for deck boats which we are all accustomed too are generally CAT style hulls.

Hurricane is one of the most popular deck boats on the market and they are a tri hull.

nordic built a vee bottom deck for years.

generally speaking in our niche market theyare mostly cats, but many aren’t

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Does Skater make a deck boat?🤔

😊

Last edited:

v6toy4x

Reaction score
everyone knows i am bias..... HOWARD is the only way to go.

For anyone interested i saw last night on IG Howard has a used 255 VTX with an HO up for sale at the factory. It has like 30 hours. Sounds like the owners moved up to a 288.

SOLD!!!!!!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
She is a runner.. here is a sample
View attachment 889760
Hmmmm, I have yet to see a top be able to stay on at about 80 plus mph, 90 plus bottoms start distorting and make for an interesting show in deck boats.
Soooooo she either has her suit glued on or your just below the magic numbers, lol

Edit: also op, keep in mind you’ll be damn near uninsurable in a deck boat with that much hp. Ask me how I know
Conquest topcat1 with 4.0 whipple.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
To answer the original posters question.....

if you throw merc 600 in Howard deck, Eliminator Fundeck, Nordic Deck Shockwave deck all of which are 28 or slightly larger the Howard will be the fastest. Some are built for speed Howard, some are built for speed and comfort Eliminator Nordic, and Some are built for comfort Shockwave. All of them are awesome boats in their own ways. And all us fanboys are partial to brands. I love em all equally but my shockwave is my baby!

relaxalot

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I have yet to see a top be able to stay on at about 80 plus mph, 90 plus bottoms start distorting and make for an interesting show in deck boats.
Soooooo she either has her suit glued on or your just below the magic numbers, lol

Edit: also op, keep in mind you’ll be damn near uninsurable in a deck boat with that much hp. Ask me how I know
Conquest topcat1 with 4.0 whipple.
. All Howard’s with a stock 600 Merc will run close to 90 mph. Some will touch 90. Maybe that is why Howard’s are so popular? I think the Conquest has less freeboard than the Howard decks.. My daughter is aerodynamic and her suit fits well lol.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
You don't need to do anything to the Merc power to hit a solid 87,88 mph with a stock Howard 288. The whipple bump is fairly inexpensive and easy to get a few hundred extra horses.. and some drive breaking torque. Ha
you said there was a new cam in there some where as well though didn't you?? That's where the re engineering comment comes from... A tune and a pulley is one thing... when you start changing cams , tunes, and pulleys your getting away from the Factory blue motor reliability.

Seems like you have your's sorted out.... cheers!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
. All Howard’s with a stock 600 Merc will run close to 90 mph. Some will touch 90. Maybe that is why Howard’s are so popular? I think the Conquest has less freeboard than the Howard decks.. My daughter is aerodynamic and her suit fits well lol.

Lol

my conquest goes in excess of 90 no problem. But it is single helm. If passengers don’t like the wind at speed, they’re welcome to exit the boat. Lol

relaxalot

Reaction score
you said there was a new cam in there some where as well though didn't you?? That's where the re engineering comment comes from... A tune and a pulley is one thing... when you start changing cams , tunes, and pulleys your getting away from the Factory blue motor reliability.

Seems like you have your's sorted out.... cheers!
. I did the upgrades early on.. 50 hours for a stage 2.. then a rebuild at 425 hours.. it didn’t even need one.. I had just done a leak down.. no problems. I had the supercharger rebuilt also.. that’s when I changed the cam.. but it probably added a bunch of ponies.. After the rebuild it would run a touch over 100. I have never had any problems at all with the motor.. It still runs like a new one.. Merc power is awesome.. and rock solid..

relaxalot

Reaction score
My mistake... I didn't realize that was the sound of a 88 mph deck boat 😁 .
I am not sure but I would estimate about 105-108.. Teague 1050.. There are a few of these out there.. It would be cool to see a test.

skydog

Reaction score
Wow boats are hot these Covid days!! Lol

I was looking at Speedster walk through with 400rs 120MPH and gf seams ok with that platform!!! Man so so man awesome boats these days guys!!! Wow Have Friday guys!!!

bmill514

Reaction score
I am not sure but I would estimate about 105-108.. Teague 1050.. There are a few of these out there.. It would be cool to see a test.

my dad has a newer Howard SDS with a Teague 1050, Teague’s initial test they ran it 107. I’m sure you could get it to 110 in perfect conditions and prop testing but we haven’t bothered. 100 is more than enough for us.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Howard Sportdeck with Teague 1050, SCX upper SC lower 110mph. Probably could get a few more MPH but the wind is so incredible not sure you need much more speed on a deck. If you dont like the wind in your face a deck is not for you.

Personally I enjoy the acceleration from 50-90mph more than trying to squeeze bragging numbers.

I highly suggest taking a ride in each other inmates have suggested, handling is also a big deal to consider with speed.

Good Luck

skydog

Reaction score
Howard Sportdeck with Teague 1050, SCX upper SC lower 110mph. Probably could get a few more MPH but the wind is so incredible not sure you need much more speed on a deck. If you dont like the wind in your face a deck is not for you.

Personally I enjoy the acceleration from 50-90mph more than trying to squeeze bragging numbers.

I highly suggest taking a ride in each other inmates have suggested, handling is also a big deal to consider with speed.

Good Luck
Thank you mmmmm yes not a huge fan of the wind at 100+mph good point!

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Friend just picked 1 up with 525s. Damn good looking boat on the water.
That's why there is a style and color for everyone.

If some people didn't think they look good they wouldn't sell.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Everyone likes to argue but the cobra deck runs very hard. Check the boat reviews it’s all in there
Spotted the Orange Cobra in the Gorge yesterday, damn sexy with her high hips. Love the Cobras