WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GW Shark Attack in Mexico...

Roosky01

Reaction score
When the witness states... "impressively ripping off his head and biting both shoulders,":oops:

Going in the ocean more than slightly above ankle deep is a no for me, Dog!

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
The easiest way to incapacitate a mammal is to take their head off.

Dog

Reaction score

Dog

Reaction score
Why in the heck aren't we hunting with big ass swords and shit then? 😜
"taking their head off" doesn't mean physically. Incapacitate the brain one way or another. .45 usually seems adequate. Do we need a 9mm .45 thread again?

Last edited:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
"taking their head off" doesn't mean physically. Incapacitate the brain one way or another. .45 usually seems adequate. Do we need a 9mm .45 thread again?
Newscaster Jerry Dunphy was shot in the neck point blank with a .45 acp and survived. the .45 is a wussy round. Go Big or go home. ...Jerry went home after the assault. Tough old bird was Jerry! :)

old rigger

Reaction score
Well this is just fucking great news. I'm off to mexico next week for my daughters wedding then to Puerto Vallarta for week after that.

Not a big fan of anything Mexico or having my head and shoulders chomped off.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My co-worker travels the world surfing and seeking the perfect waves. Him and his best friend were surfing a remote wave in Mexico. Waiting for a set he sees his buddy be attacked by a great white. His buddy was dead by the time he got him to shore. Basically bit him in half.

My co worker still surfs daily…

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well this is just fucking great news. I'm off to mexico next week for my daughters wedding then to Puerto Vallarta for week after that.

Congratulations! 🎉

Western Flyer

Reaction score
This happened several years ago. The victim was a commercial abalone diver. His tender and crew said he got hit within seconds of jumping over the rail and they pulled him back in, cut in half, his lower torso gone. The funny(?) thing is they took a few photos on the way back in and naturally they made the rounds. Not pretty, but literally, the guy bled out within seconds and was just staring upwards, stiffened by his wetsuit.

fast99

Reaction score
Assume the risk, in the ocean we are not top of the food chain.

At night on Maui stepped on something alive near shore 2-3 feet deep. Felt like an eel or shark tail. Didn't get chomped on but came out very fast, scared the crap out of me. Never going back in at night again. Risky enough during the day.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Have a look at the Travel Advisories currently ... I might have seen a safety alert notice regarding that section of Mexico.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
They now have sharks with laser beams

CB7F7628-95A6-47DC-929D-EAA88CB5C1BC.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
Assume the risk, in the ocean we are not top of the food chain.

At night on Maui stepped on something alive near shore 2-3 feet deep. Felt like an eel or shark tail. Didn't get chomped on but came out very fast, scared the crap out of me. Never going back in at night again. Risky enough during the day.
Yeah, F that.
I was talking to a guy who works in our Maui location. He’s born and raised on the islands. He was talking about how many shark attacks happen outside the Grand Wailea. Said the turtles love the shelf, the sharks love to pop up from the bottom. Big nope from me.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I stopped going past waist deep when shark week started airing.. f that shit!

Reactions: DWC

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Yeah, F that.
I was talking to a guy who works in our Maui location. He’s born and raised on the islands. He was talking about how many shark attacks happen outside the Grand Wailea. Said the turtles love the shelf, the sharks love to pop up from the bottom. Big nope from me.
I've scuba dived right there, the turtles were awesome, tons of sharks. Some were as big as me, but the were nice sharks....

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

fast99

Reaction score
I've scuba dived right there, the turtles were awesome, tons of sharks. Some were as big as me, but the were nice sharks....
Did some scuba there too. Swam right over reef sharks laying on the bottom. Appeared to be 6' or so. They didn't care about us. Guess they feed at night, rest during the day. Turtles were awesome. Actually, Mexico was better diving as far as colorful fish are concerned but no way I am going there today.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had an up close and personal interaction with a great white when I was a kid.. haven’t gone in the ocean more than waste deep since.. probably never will.

When I was growing up we’d go every waking moment

4Waters

Reaction score
I had an up close and personal interaction with a great white when I was a kid.. haven’t gone in the ocean more than waste deep since.. probably never will.

How big

Englewood

Reaction score

I’m with you on that. I might snorkel in Hawaii, but other than that, I’m staying on top.

Our fishing guide in Maui said they were reeling in a 400lb+ marlin and right at the boat a white shark came up and bit half of it off. 😳

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

As I recall you've got family around the OC coast so are very familiar with these waters Dave.... I met the Pearsons Port family selling local caught seafood maybe 25 years ago in Back Bay./ Nprt... Tom Pearson told me he sees great whites all the time as he pulls lobster & crab traps early mornings.... man did I hate that conversation having boats with no toilets.... I ALWAYS ask the ladies if they're in "season" before following em into water for a dip.🤣