WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

H&K P7

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Just read the new Jack Reacher novel Blue Moon. Reacher is my favorite.....

He took down the Albanian and Ukraine mobs in a fictional city and one group all had H&K P7's. Did some research as I'd never seen one. Good grief, they're pricey!

Sound like great pistols but better be for a couple grand.....

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

He took down the Albanian and Ukraine mobs in a fictional city and one group all had H&K P7's. Did some research as I'd never seen one. Good grief, they're pricey!

They were an innovative design 30 years ago but never really caught the market. Pricey now due to being collectible pistols and I'm guessing somewhat limited production back in the day so there is some rarity there.

DLC

Reaction score
Jack reacher is one of my favorite’s

We do a lot of books on cd while we drive.

I have an HK p9s in 45 acp. It’s a great handgun, but dated.
The p7 would be great to have in the collection.

BajaMike

Reaction score

I had an H&K P7 when I had a badge in New Orleans in the 80s, carried it in shoulder holster, loved that gun.

I think it was about $600 back then new. Great gun, some people complained about the pistol grip cocker/safety, but I liked it. It was kinda fussy about the ammo, had to use the best stuff or it would jam every once in a while.

5EF7603F-9713-490F-ADCE-1F2EFE38414B.jpeg

BajaMike

Reaction score
6’5” 257 pounds when i get on a bus people never miss me...

265 pounds and 6’5” when i walk in a bar people notice me....

135 pounds and 5’7” tall I’m a little twerp named Tom .....

I love the Jack Reacher novels, read every one. I couldn’t believe when the let that asshole midget Tom Cruise buy the movie rights.

Jack Reacher is a big bad ass guy, not like Tom Cruise.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I have a P7 M8 and bought it in late 1980. Was pricey back then.

Old Texan

Reaction score
6’5” 257 pounds when i get on a bus people never miss me...

265 pounds and 6’5” when i walk in a bar people notice me....

135 pounds and 5’7” tall I’m a little twerp named Tom .....
I love the Jack Reacher novels, read every one. I couldn’t believe when the let that asshole midget Tom Cruise buy the movie rights.

Jack Reacher is a big bad ass guy, not like Tom Cruise.
From the author, Lee Childs...….
Jack Reacher|
Coming to the small screen
The news is out! Jack Reacher will be a tv series on Amazon! For months, Lee asked his readers everywhere to suggest an actor to play Reacher and many of you sent us your candidates. Lee and the producers are looking for an actor (preferably lesser-known) who is in the 30-55 age range (don't forget, Reacher is 36 in Killing Floor and there are the prequel novels to consider), BIG and muscular (near to 6'5" / 240 lbs. with hands like frozen supermarket chickens). Soon as the casting is decided, we'll let you know!

As for the movies, they are no more. We thank Tom Cruise for bringing Reacher to the big screen and everything he did to promote the books to a wider audience. Lee says "I loved working with him, and he's a terrific guy, and I loved what he did in both movies, but the fans never quite accepted the physicality aspect, so we're making a change. But I'll miss him and won't hear a word against him."

As soon as we have more info, we'll update this page!

I always have pictured Bo Swenson as the actor who fits the description. But he's too old now, 78. Maybe wrestlers, Stone Cold Steve Austin or Bill Goldberg. Both have done some acting and have the physical size and Reacher attitude. As far as established actors, maybe a bulked up Chris Hemsworth.

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score
I always pictured Dwayne Johnson as a good one. Maybe John Cena but he’s not tall enough. I’ve only read probably 15-18 of them, and Tom Cruise never came close to fitting, but he also bought the rights to play that part if you read further into it.

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score
If they met in a bar, i think Jack would win, but Mitch Rapp would sneak in his window and kill him in his sleep.
Jack Ryan for president 2024

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Tom Hardy would have been a decent choice for Reacher. Not a big guy but has that badass edge to him.

Old Texan

Reaction score
If they met in a bar, i think Jack would win, but Mitch Rapp would sneak in his window and kill him in his sleep.
Jack Ryan for president 2024
Not healthy or wise to try and sneak in Reacher's window. Rapp's okay, but there is only one Reacher.:D

I love the passage talking about how the Army psychologists were studying military brats and how they reacted to danger. They showed a group of kids the old horror flick, The Creature from the Black Lagoon. When the classic scary scene came on with the creature coming at the camera, all kids screamed and ran except one 7 year old who pulled his jack knife and charged the screen....Lil' Jack Reacher:eek:;)

The new book Blue Moon is wild as Reacher takes on two rival mobs to their detriment....

Old Texan

Reaction score
I always pictured Dwayne Johnson as a good one. Maybe John Cena but he’s not tall enough. I’ve only read probably 15-18 of them, and Tom Cruise never came close to fitting, but he also bought the rights to play that part if you read further into it.
I thought about The Rock also as a good choice.....Another would be Brian Bosworth if he's still around

Tank

Reaction score
Dave Bautista at 6'3" would be a great start. He even has that like mellow, "don't need to say much to know he'll kill you" type vibe.

david-michael-bautista.jpg

Or joe magnilano at 6'5" is a big boy and a good actor.

2019.07.23-08.03-boundingintocomics-5d3768244cda7.png

Or Jason Mamoa at 6'4" would be a good candadate.

51gIZxZCO7L.jpg

All about 1 million better choices than little TC who is too old for the part and too little for the part. Just horrible casting.

Last edited:

BajaMike

Reaction score
Dave Bautista at 6'3" would be a great start. He even has that like mellow, "don't need to say much to know he'll kill you" type vibe.

View attachment 813848

Or joe magnilano at 6'5" is a big boy and a good actor.

View attachment 813850

Or Jason Mamoa at 6'4" would be a good candadate.

View attachment 813851

All about 1 million better choices than little TC who is too old for the part and too little for the part. Just horrible casting.
All good options. I like Jason. All Way better than little Tommy!

BajaMike

Reaction score
Watch ESPN’s 30 on 30 episode on the Boz. Fuckin PHENOMENAL!

I’ve watched it......twice. Great show. I love that guy. A real super man/super hero. I never saw him do the “chicken dance” in his many trips to end zone. What a class act!

Old Texan

Reaction score
Even though Cruise didn't fit the part, he gave the character publicity and that was what Child wanted to get big screen attention.

It was hard to watch knowing who Reacher really is, but served a purpose I suppose.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
It’s weird how the biggest male action stars are literally the smallest people LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score
Not healthy or wise to try and sneak in Reacher's window. Rapp's okay, but there is only one Reacher.:D

I love the passage talking about how the Army psychologists were studying military brats and how they reacted to danger. They showed a group of kids the old horror flick, The Creature from the Black Lagoon. When the classic scary scene came on with the creature coming at the camera, all kids screamed and ran except one 7 year old who pulled his jack knife and charged the screen....Lil' Jack Reacher:eek:;)

The new book Blue Moon is wild as Reacher takes on two rival mobs to their detriment....
i was on page 400 something and left it on a F#{king train :mad: so pissed.

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score
Even though Cruise didn't fit the part, he gave the character publicity and that was what Child wanted to get big screen attention.

It was hard to watch knowing who Reacher really is, but served a purpose I suppose.
As well I’d more than bet less than 5% have read one yet alone of the books.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My brother had one. I inherited it and sold it to a buddy who has a P13 as well
Stupid pricey for what they are
But , anything H&K is durable as hell.

Danger Dave

Reaction score
This thread turned gay for a few posts, thanks to Lowriver2 for getting it back on track.

Old Texan

Reaction score
This thread turned gay for a few posts, thanks to Lowriver2 for getting it back on track.
So you don't know who Reacher is, eh? Your loss......The thread was started based on the latest novel. And if you know a damned thing about the history of this character the only gay thing was Tom Cruise playing that character in 2 movies. Reacher fans all want their favorite character to come to life on the big screen and the dilemma is trying to find an actor physically up to the challenge. TC did well with the part, but he's half the size of the manster know as Reacher.

So there ya go

bbrownster

Reaction score
So you don't know who Reacher is, eh? Your loss......The thread was started based on the latest novel. And if you know a damned thing about the history of this character the only gay thing was Tom Cruise playing that character in 2 movies. Reacher fans all want their favorite character to come to life on the big screen and the dilemma is trying to find an actor physically up to the challenge. TC did well with the part, but he's half the size of the manster know as Reacher.

So there ya go
Well,said.

Danger Dave

Reaction score

So there ya go
I know who he is, I was referring to the pictures being posted in a gun forum of shirtless men. Carry on.