WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

H20Toie Lake Cumberland Poker Run Photos

Tank

Reaction score
So, Danimal (@H20 Toie ) headed off to Cumberland to run his new 42X in the poker run. Hickup with delivery so Dan and his trusty side kick Brook jumped onto Kelly's Tiger to run this poker run. Dan's been texting pics, I'm guessing service not so great on the lake to post on here so I'll pass them along for your viewing pleasure. So far sounds like the run and the people are great!

Tank

Reaction score
Some nice hardware. This was once a HUGE poker run but was hit by a string of bad luck and fatalities (and a drought and the recession) and it’s quieted down a bit but looks to be returning to glory.
0F714916-82ED-4178-8F50-EA48C2954DDE.jpeg
98D6A5B3-DA3C-4E30-8F9D-D3F50A732C92.jpeg
EB3B8C59-45E4-40AE-9120-286C1486C688.jpeg
04D337E8-D966-4F47-83DD-EA0F38D674F8.jpeg
6C22897A-2CE0-4C56-BC88-25C6ABF23B76.jpeg
1F0D258E-C5B5-4E7E-BE5F-052C0D0FF387.jpeg
79F86B0D-A26F-44FD-A139-3446799B95CA.jpeg
77AA6C6F-CE6B-492F-9C00-63A050809FD2.jpeg
5AEE5FD6-F118-42FA-8E7C-224FE2778D57.jpeg
C6E716C5-3A77-4AA8-96D5-ACCB9F0FC20D.jpeg

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Looks like plenty of nice hardware on the lake.👙 thanks. Can't wait to see the New boat pics.

RichL

Reaction score
Bummer about the delivery. Good that they were able to find seats for the ride.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
It better be delivered by Monster Storm! I want to see this beast on the water!

Tank

Reaction score
It better be delivered by Monster Storm! I want to see this beast on the water!
I'm guessing it'll be in havasu in roughly one weeks time. Quick service and then on to Cali for a bit before Monster Storm and then back to Miami for poker run to Key West in Nov is what I understood Dan say.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I'm guessing it'll be in havasu in roughly one weeks time. Quick service and then on to Cali for a bit before Monster Storm and then back to Miami for poker run to Key West in Nov is what I understood Dan say.
Trying to get it shipped ASAP
Then it’s on

Tank

Reaction score

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
This place makes going down the Channel feel like you are wide open highway, unbelievable how many boats get packed in, lots of pontoon and houseboats everywhere, just crazy, then at the end of the day when you leave this area (only one way out) you have a gauntlet of patrol boats to go thru, there were at least 20,
241896636_10108372732638685_8195868378835908606_n.jpg

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Koolness what marina did you come out of ?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Well this was my first time and it was fun but not likely that I would go again,
The lack of hotels remotely close to the venue is an issue. when you sign up you can get one room only, so ended up signing up for the poker run twice just to get two rooms, nearest hotels are like an hour away., I know most people get a house boat and now I know why, you have to take a shuttle to get from the rooms to the dock ( that is where everything happens ) and no way are most people are ever going to be able to hike up those hills to get to lodges.
Once you go there and have an idea what's going on I think its fine but for us the lack of information was pretty interesting. when we checked in they told us to go to Pumpkin creek lodge as opposed to the lure lodge where you check in, a map would have been nice but the explanation was its the original lodge just go there,. ( that helped a lot) after driving around for a bit we finally did find it, so after getting settled into the room we drive down to the dock. any parking remotely close to the dock is reserved so end up going back to the lodge and walking down one steep ass hill to get to the dock. just as we get there a shuttle bus drives up, ( Humm would have been nice to know about that) Shuttle drivers were all super nice. as was pretty much everyone, having the shuttle bus number is needed,
As you get to the dock there is a nice open air bar/restaurant and store,
The poker run itself was not really a run at all. over the two days you have 10 marinas you can go to and get your card punched, but they all seemed to be just that marinas not bars restaurants like Loto, One of the people I heard about was Skinny and he puts on a pizza lunch in a marina that is far end of the lake. ( that was a fun time and chance to check out the other boats) super nice guy,
Friday and sat night is the party on the dock. that was fun. but the only place to get drinks is back at the bar which closes at 10pm. but most people have houseboats so they have there own drinks.. place was rocking until after midnight and a lot of fun. People we met offered us drinks so we didn't go without but was still kind of strange that you couldn't get your own, also the shuttle stops running at midnight. so if you are not on a house boat you better leave early.
we stuck around on Sunday and the place was a ghost town, also shuttle stopped at 6pm, same time the restaurant and bar closed.
it was amazing how many trees and logs there are floating in the water. the tie up at Harmon creek is something to behold. since my boat didn't make it I was on a buddies 42 tiger with big blower motors and no way he was going got go thru that mess. it makes the channel in Havasu seem like a wide open throughfare, The amount of patrol boats around when leaving was unbelievable. it was literally an obstacle course to go thru them.
Am I happy I went? for sure. but now I feel like its a been there done that thing. I would haul the boat out to LOTO no questions asked. don't think I would even fly out to Cumberland to do the run again on someone else's boat. but still glad I went

Hammer

Reaction score
Well this was my first time and it was fun but not likely that I would go again,
The lack of hotels remotely close to the venue is an issue. when you sign up you can get one room only, so ended up signing up for the poker run twice just to get two rooms, nearest hotels are like an hour away., I know most people get a house boat and now I know why, you have to take a shuttle to get from the rooms to the dock ( that is where everything happens ) and no way are most people are ever going to be able to hike up those hills to get to lodges.
Once you go there and have an idea what's going on I think its fine but for us the lack of information was pretty interesting. when we checked in they told us to go to Pumpkin creek lodge as opposed to the lure lodge where you check in, a map would have been nice but the explanation was its the original lodge just go there,. ( that helped a lot) after driving around for a bit we finally did find it, so after getting settled into the room we drive down to the dock. any parking remotely close to the dock is reserved so end up going back to the lodge and walking down one steep ass hill to get to the dock. just as we get there a shuttle bus drives up, ( Humm would have been nice to know about that) Shuttle drivers were all super nice. as was pretty much everyone, having the shuttle bus number is needed,
The poker run itself was not really a run at all. over the two days you have 10 marinas you can go to and get your card punched, but they all seemed to be just that marinas not bars restaurants like Loto, One of the people I heard about was Skinny and he puts on a pizza lunch in a marina that is far end of the lake. ( that was a fun time and chance to check out the other boats) super nice guy,
Friday and sat night is the party on the dock. that was fun. but the only place to get drinks is back at the bar which closes at 10pm. but most people have houseboats so they have there own drinks.. place was rocking until after midnight and a lot of fun. People we met offered us drinks so we didn't go without but was still kind of strange that you couldn't get your own, also the shuttle stops running at midnight. so if you are not on a house boat you better leave early.
we stuck around on Sunday and the place was a ghost town, also shuttle stopped at 6pm, same time the restaurant and bar closed.
it was amazing how many trees and logs there are floating in the water. the tie up at Harmon creek is something to behold. since my boat didn't make it I was on a buddies 42 tiger with big blower motors and no way he was going got go thru that mess. it makes the channel in Havasu seem like a wide open throughfare, The amount of patrol boats around when leaving was unbelievable. it was literally an obstacle course to go thru them.
Am I happy I went? for sure. but now I feel like its a been there done that thing. I would haul the boat out to LOTO no questions asked. don't think I would even fly out to Cumberland to do the run again on someone else's boat. but still glad I went

Glad you reported back. Sounds like a hastle for us west coasters. Thanks for the pics!!

Tank

Reaction score

That raft up
Looks like a straight cluster fuck!!

1D510E4D-6FF8-4905-889C-55E7BE9767A5.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
Cumberland Poker Run used to have a shot gun start like Desert Storm had. It was super popular until a couple boat crashes and some people died. That stopped the shot gun start and really diminished the poker run participation.

This is an example of how shit used to run.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Cumberland Poker Run used to have a shot gun start like Desert Storm had. It was super popular until a couple boat crashes and some people died. That stopped the shot gun start and really diminished the poker run participation.

This is an example of how shit used to run.

Jesus... pull those legs up!