WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Habit Grill Havasu?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Anyone try this place yet? Believe they opened yesterday, 12 Sept. Had their burgers at their Camarillo location. They were good. See an Albacore sandwich, which looks interesting, on their menu now.

DWC

Reaction score
Didn’t realize it opened yet. Haven’t been to the Havasu location but hit the Barstow one and others on occasion. Its some good fast food.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to know there is one more option in town.

Havalife

Reaction score
Wife picked it up Friday for lunch, she said 10 cars in line and took her about 1/2 hour. I got home later and It was great even cold... I was hungry so anything would have worked.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I am waiting for them to come to Texas. Love habit burger and I always got chicken not the burger.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yep the chicken sandwich is bomb. The pepper sauce is on hit. Fries and onion rings are good.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Tuna on grilled sourdough, well done, is awesome.

Green beans and onion rings are great too.

guest hs

Reaction score
I have ate their twice since they opened its pretty good something new for a change the chocolate malt was the bomb!

Turnup

Reaction score
Seared or med rare tuna sandwich is ligit, great for a different bite to eat!

Boat 405

Reaction score
Last two days leaving the lake the line has been 20 cars deep. It’s good. Not that good...

mobldj

Reaction score
my river lodge nieghbor is a manager there.great food.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I don’t quite consider them in the realm of comparison to other fast food burgers. They are higher end and their prices reflect. Dollar for dollar, In N Out wins every time. Good joint for sure thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hallett

Reaction score
Salads and sandwiches are pretty good best thing to do is get the app order your food will bring it out to you .. 👍

Turnup

Reaction score
You can make In & Out a good burger, you just gotta go 3x, animal style, add whole grilled onion, and chopped peppers.

Reactions: DWC

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
You can make In & Out a good burger, you just gotta go 3x, animal style, add whole grilled onion, and chopped peppers.

As I said, it'll taste good but honestly most of what In-N-Out taste is all the other ingredients - their patties are pathetically thin and mostly tasteless.

People seem to take any criticism of In-N-Out like you attacked their kids. It's a fast food burger that has very little flavor. Try a Habit Burger or a Freddy's Steakburger (fast food) and you'll taste the difference.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
As I said, it'll taste good but honestly most of what In-N-Out taste is all the other ingredients - their patties are pathetically thin and mostly tasteless.

People seem to take any criticism of In-N-Out like you attacked their kids. It's a fast food burger that has very little flavor. Try a Habit Burger or a Freddy's Steakburger (fast food) and you'll taste the difference.
Yes! Freddy's! I never heard of them or had them til we moved to Tucson. One of my favorites now.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Have a few Freddie's in our area. Burgers and the shoestring fries are good.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Dollar for dollar the Sandbar Grill had the best burgers in Havasu, ever. But, unfortunately they are no more. I once asked the great ladies who owned and operated the SB Grill why they weren't open in the winter. They told me they were just tired of having to cut their burgers into 4 pieces for the F'n Snowbirds!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dollar for dollar the Sandbar Grill had the best burgers in Havasu, ever. But, unfortunately they are no more. I once asked the great ladies who owned and operated the SB Grill why they weren't open in the winter. They told me they were just tired of having to cut their burgers into 4 pieces for the F'n Snowbirds!

They really were the best.. I was bummed when they closed down.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you want to mess with your phone for awhile.. just Goto the drive thru of this place..

been here for 20 minutes and three cars have gone through..

image.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If you want to mess with your phone for awhile.. just Goto the drive thru of this place..

been here for 20 minutes and three cars have gone through..

View attachment 922383

I ride my bike past there most mornings.
Seen the progress as they built it.
Question.
There is like no lead in to the drive through.
Is the line up and down the frontage road?
Unless Im picturing it all wrong, it seems like a recipe for a big traffic problem?

530RL

Reaction score
YumBrands owns Habit. They bought all locations outside of Santa Barbara County in early 2020. Yum also owns Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I ride my bike past there most mornings.
Seen the progress as they built it.
Question.
There is like no lead in to the drive through.
Is the line up and down the frontage road?
Unless Im picturing it all wrong, it seems like a recipe for a big traffic problem?

The line was going down past jacks auto parts. I drive down and turned around. It’s taking like 6 min per car though?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
YumBrands owns Habit. They bought all locations outside of Santa Barbara County in early 2020. Yum also owns Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC.

That's kinda disappointing. The original location in Old Goleta was still serving chili burgers and they were just as good as Tommy's!!!! The Habit is one of the few things that we actually missed about living in Santa Barbara. I guess them being bought out means that I will not get chili in Havasu, oh well.

I would love a good chili burger/dog place.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
I love The Habit and am stoked they are in LHC. It will be awesome to have a spot that has so much variety and since its a corporate chain the standards should remain about the same to the others across the country. In and Out has one thing so everyone has to be in the mood for burger and fries. Not hating on places like Juicys but I can get the same meal now at the Habit ( 1 salad, 3 kids meals and a steak sandwich or whatever) for $40 instead of $60-70. Not sure how the drive thru is going to work for this place, too many options. Yeah and the App is definitely the way to go. Is the inside open for dining?

530RL

Reaction score
That's kinda disappointing. The original location in Old Goleta was still serving chili burgers and they were just as good as Tommy's!!!! The Habit is one of the few things that we actually missed about living in Santa Barbara. I guess them being bought out means that I will not get chili in Havasu, oh well.

I would love a good chili burger/dog place.

The original family kept the 8 stores in Santa Barbara County and sold the rest in the US and China for 375 mil.

franky

Reaction score
Agreed, really miss The Sandbar. Green chilis and a ton of mayo...but they could only cook one ticket at a time!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Love Habit, great burgers. My wife likes the Bbq Chicken salad. Its her favorite.

Smash burger is my fav burger next to Fuddruckers. Although I haven’t been to a Fuddruckers in 15 years. Not sure if they still exist??

franky

Reaction score
Love Habit, great burgers. My wife likes the Bbq Chicken salad. Its her favorite.

Smash burger is my fav burger next to Fuddruckers. Although I haven’t been to a Fuddruckers in 15 years. Not sure if they still exist??

Fud just shuttered.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I love The Habit and am stoked they are in LHC. It will be awesome to have a spot that has so much variety and since its a corporate chain the standards should remain about the same to the others across the country. In and Out has one thing so everyone has to be in the mood for burger and fries. Not hating on places like Juicys but I can get the same meal now at the Habit ( 1 salad, 3 kids meals and a steak sandwich or whatever) for $40 instead of $60-70. Not sure how the drive thru is going to work for this place, too many options. Yeah and the App is definitely the way to go. Is the inside open for dining?

Honestly Juicy's is about the same price as the Habbit!

I just went and got the chicken club / sweet potato fries / large Iced tea and it was 15.00. I eat at Juicy's all the time and it's anywhere from 13-18.00

RD

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We like Juicy's, good food, good service, nice people and a very varied menu. Culver's burgers are good. And so is their fish sandwich. Anxious to try that Albacore sandwich at the Habit.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Anyone try this place yet? Believe they opened yesterday, 12 Sept. Had their burgers at their Camarillo location. They were good. See an Albacore sandwich, which looks interesting, on their menu now.
I just ate there today and got the shits 😫

Taboma

Reaction score

Smashburger was great when they first started opening a few locations in north county san diego. Really clean and great burgers. Started eating at a couple often, meeting friends etc, was a nice change from the typical FF places. Within a year, shit was going downhill, they'd re-arrange the seating had you jammed in so tight you couldn't get in and out of a booth easily and food quality was suffering. We stopped going, others must have as well, because within a few months two locations we'd enjoyed were both closed down. I see they've only got a couple of locations remaining more in San Diego proper.

sirbob

Reaction score
I can tell you I sat at the drive through window speaker box a couple of weeks ago for 10 min - mother fucking them the whole time for being slow...

Before I realized they had not opened yet. :mad:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I can tell you I sat at the drive through window speaker box a couple of weeks ago for 10 min - mother fucking them the whole time for being slow...

Before I realized they had not opened yet. :mad:

Lol
That must be why they put the yellow tape up...