WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Had a pretty good day yesterday.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I had one of my AR 15’s down at against all enemies waiting to put it together. Originally I was going to ha w Stacy our it together and take pics And video and use it as a promo for Team rdp, then run a special that if you lost a house with her you get a free AR kinda deal. Well she’s been busy and honestly I kinda forgot about it being down there.. Patrick calls me up and says I put it together just come get it whenever ya want.

Which takes us to the interesting part of the story.. Rewind to about 12-13 years ago Rick from Islander gave me an outboard Motor for one of my minis.. This thing has sat aroundfor years before I even moved to AZ..

So probably four or five years ago I put it on fb that I will take cash or guns.. A real nice guy hit me up out of washington I believe and said his nephew wants it. I say no problem and he’s going to trade me a decent AR upper and something called a “browning high power & a .22 conversion.” Whatever that is.

So once or twice a year I hear from him saying “we still good?” And I say I’m in no hurry.. lol. This goes on for years.

Well six or so months ago this kid shows up in a little hatch back and he’s got an upper and this handgun and grabs the motor.

The upper is a little worn and the handgun looks like a 1911 but it’s a 9mm. It also has an extra slide that converts it to a .22..

Honestly I’m not overly impressed with either, but whatever the motor is gone and out of my way. I can always get another one.

I drop it off at Patrick’s and forget all about it and I trade the upper to Austin my photo guy for work.

Whichbrings us full circle to yesterday... Patrick says you have a store credit or I can cash ya out! For those that don’t know you never cash out at the gun store.. lol

That little browning was worth some coin!

Gursin semi Auto shotgun

52C49050-1E4B-4B88-92B1-4FB8683A8DFE.jpeg
E45AA0C3-B63D-4C1F-B4EF-ECABFCAC8885.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Then on top of that I have my toy hailer that I put up for sale.. Haven’t really been trying to sell it just put it in fb market place and one thread on here a long time ago. I get probably three messages a day on fb with the same dumb questions that would all be answered if they read the ad.

A person hits me up and says they want to come look at it so I say sure.. they come say they like it make a reasonable offer and sold!
Just have to empty it out tonight and they are picking it up tomorrow!

image.jpg

PlanB

Reaction score
NIce! You should look for an extended tube for that shotgun. I just got done putting one on my Benelli (along with some other stuff). A couple extra rounds is always a good thing in a defensive type shotgun.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you targeting a single O/B tunnel?

I was joking.. we need something big and comfortable that is easy to board.. that said yes I’ll get some kinda hot rod as well at some point

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sad to see the Schiada go, but sounds like it's for a good cause. Always good to see stuff move though, and freshen up the inventory. Old bikes gone, new guns in, etc. It's the way the economy works for a lot of the world.

So, what "easy entry" kind of boat you looking for? Always interested in what "ballers" switch up to :cool:

Backlash

Reaction score
Talk about someone's luck turning around! Seems like you sold half your collection in a few days! Congratulations!

wallnutz

Reaction score
Dude, you might be the only guy I know that would part with a Browning HP. Especially if it was an older one. But it does look like you got some good trade out of it.

Backlash

Reaction score
So..... about these Browning hi powers...... hypothetically speaking, what could they be worth? Asking for a friend. 😁

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So..... about these Browning hi powers...... hypothetically speaking, what could they be worth? Asking for a friend. 😁

If you have an honest to God one, they are worth some pretty good money. I gave up on finding one that I can afford,.LOL

Last edited:

renodaytona

Reaction score
Definitely would of kept the Hi Power. Those things only increase in value. Sounds like some good dealings though. Can't wait to see the new float.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sad to see the Schiada go, but sounds like it's for a good cause. Always good to see stuff move though, and freshen up the inventory. Old bikes gone, new guns in, etc. It's the way the economy works for a lot of the world.

So, what "easy entry" kind of boat you looking for? Always interested in what "ballers" switch up to :cool:

Thinking about one of the midnight expresses from homeland security for 100k

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good day for sure RD. Very cool you got your son a 10/22. Why not modify it (very easy and low cost to do) and make it look like your black gun? Like this, etc.:

f7199764902373700383c5d745ec127a.jpg

Inwould like to do just that!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dude, you might be the only guy I know that would part with a Browning HP. Especially if it was an older one. But it does look like you got some good trade out of it.

Honestly this thing didn’t look like anything special to me..

I will get an actual 1911 here shortly .45. I already have several 9mm..

Personally I like having rifles more than handguns (even though I have a few Hg’s).. when we go shooting I always find myself with a rifle.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Mrs. would divorce me if I sold the boat, but I'm probably going to do something similar before next dune season. I have a 08' Husky TE510 Dual Sport and a 05' Honda 400 Quad that have been ridden maybe a handful of times over the last 5 years. They're both like new. Hate to see them just sitting there and taking up space. Probably use the cash and trade in the XP1K4 on a new SxS at the SSSS in September. (That is if that event doesn't get fucked by the Covidiots!)

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Honestly this thing didn’t look like anything special to me..

I will get an actual 1911 here shortly .45. I already have several 9mm..

Personally I like having rifles more than handguns (even though I have a few Hg’s).. when we go shooting I always find myself with a rifle.

We will have to the range when I am allowed to shoot again. I think I could only do .22 at this time. I have a gate card.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Those midnight expresses through the gov auctions are pretty rough. They are stripped down of all electronics, probably need new engines all new interior and they are 15 years old... There are a ton of nice CC's out there that you would probably be money even on without having to dump a bunch of money into.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Feeling pretty good right about now.. emptying the garage and getting ready for some fresh stuff!
Up next my Hallett! Then I can buy that dream boat I have always wanted

View attachment 881885

Congrats on moving your toy inventory. Don’t let the cash burn a hole in your pocket. Can’t wait to see you with new big boy toyz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobalt232

Reaction score
NIce! You should look for an extended tube for that shotgun. I just got done putting one on my Benelli (along with some other stuff). A couple extra rounds is always a good thing in a defensive type shotgun.
I love my Benelli, but my thumb sure gets sore reloading.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Those midnight expresses through the gov auctions are pretty rough. They are stripped down of all electronics, probably need new engines all new interior and they are 15 years old... There are a ton of nice CC's out there that you would probably be money even on without having to dump a bunch of money into.
We have 3 at work. I’m not sure I would want one for $10k. They’re huge pigs, 18k pounds, triple 300s = 45mph. And yes, they’re used and abused

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Honestly I like to buy low and sell high.. AJ does as well. :D. I wouldn’t want to insult him he’s like my uncle.

Go National...RDP needs a Florida office...buy the house and the boat....and if you can get Stacy to work a bit harder pretty soon you'll be able to afford a private jet to fly you between offices.

Heylam

Reaction score
I’m lucky enough to own a Belgium Browning Hi Power my dad bought new around 1970.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Browning huh. See the name on the top.
Me vintage 1993....oh the stories of that sponsor
20170917_122235.jpg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
You know what would be cool RD...if you started a section on RDP dedicated to guns and ammo! I'd post pics of my big gun if you did. Maybe even a pic of me squeezing one off.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
You know what would be cool RD...if you started a section on RDP dedicated to guns and ammo! I'd post pics of my big gun if you did. Maybe even a pic of me squeezing one off.
Grads to the penalty box any day now. Hope you are feeling better.