WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Had the FLU (I think?) - holy <%#€!

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Friday night I was drinking with friends per usual.. Saturday pretty early I woke up not feeling “right”. By mid morning I was feeling pretty rough.. couldn’t tell ya a lot about it other than I was having fevers off and on pretty much all day.

The kinda fevers where you are soaking through pajamas, sheets, and even the blanket is kinda wet.

Kept changing shirts and pj’s and even sheets but now the aches set in.. I am gonna tell you that isn’t even the right word. My bones (all of them) hurt. My joints, all of them, hurt.. Some of my muscles hurt.. but my legs / hips? Was enough to make your eyes water.

Next day I had the IV people come and drop the bags and the vitamins and the Meyers cocktail and the vitamin shots in the ass on top of it.

There is always some relief when you get in IV if nothing else just from hydration.

If that is what the flu is like in modern times I can absolutely see people dying from it..

At one point I don’t know if I was awake, asleep, or hallucinating but I swear I thought I was in a concert and the music was so loud all I wanted was for it to stop..

The irony being it’s some random band (genesis) and some random song that I never much cared for.. I had to actually look it up on google to find out what it was.

If I never hear that again it will be to soon.

I’m feeling better today.. got out of bed and went to the living room and I told Stacy “something smells bad in here.” Turned out it was me. 😳. This last round I think I finally sweated this virus out of me and into pj / t shirt pair number six or seven..

Anyhow this is a PSA to tell you there is some nasty shit going around and trust me when I tell you, you don’t f’ing want it. I was so weak for
Most of this I couldn’t lift a rv remote let alone a phone. My eyeballs hurt so bad I couldn’t read or watch tv etc.. awful.

IV nurses said it’s ripping through town like wildfire, right along side of covid.

I guess if I was gonna catch one or the other I’m glad I caught this.. I honestly couldn’t imagine covid being any worse though.. albeit I’m not sure I’d be over it in three or four days.

RD
Did you ever use IVRMectin, Steroids, or a ZPak?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Huh?? You just had a thread like this a few months back??

I stand corrected when we were traveling all over the place and working the shoes etc both Stacy and I got a soar throat and stuffy noses..

It was pretty minor and NOTHING like this.

That was man cold shit.. which anyone can attest is serious business.

This shit was no joke.. I haven’t felt like that ever. I’m glad it was gone after a couple days, because that was painfully miserable. And I mean painful.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did you ever use IVRMectin, Steroids, or a ZPak?

We have a pulse ox deal here and when I first got it my O2 levels dropped to 88% pretty quickly. Stacy made me take ivermectin, even though I didn’t think it was covid. I will say the 02 numbers jumped right up to mid 90’s and stayed there. I’m still on ivermectin for the time being.

RD

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I don’t know if this was covid or not.. I wouldn’t think it was if it was any other time in my life pre covid..

I have only ever felt like that one other time in my life. When I was a kid I got a severe case of mono and it almost killed em several times during the duration.

If it was covid it lasted two real days abd yesterday I felt a lot better.. last night I had fevers again. Today I feel weak, but not sick.

My sinuses are burning and running now which is new and I didn’t have that before.

On a downside my son complained of a severe headache a few hours ago (same started with me) and now he’s already in bed with a fever.

Nobody is vaxxed in this house so if it’s the Omnicron deal I guess we are gonna go through it now.. if it’s The flu I’m guessing we are gonna go through it as well.

We have one covid test left in our household because we gave them all away to people that needed them..

That doesn’t sound far off from my Covid experience. At one point the television was on but I couldn’t tell you what I was watching. My bones/joints hurt so bad I couldn’t concentrate enough to watch it.

It was three days of feeling like dog shit and about a full week to get my energy back.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
All this talk about dream’s makes me wonder. Has anyone had the one where your standing on a mountain top dressed in sun god robes and there are thousands of scantily clad women at your feet tossing pickles at you?

500bbc

Reaction score
Oh yeah, my dreams were like my version of a nightmare, basically just repeating or trying to accomplish some mundane task that just drags on and on and on and you never get done. I would wake up thinking it was real for a second then had to tell myself it was just bullshit dreams... They SUCKKKKED.

One night it was some stupid shit like building a simple box out of plywood, just cut 6 squares and put it together... but you could never get it done, it would seem like ti drug on for hours then i'd wake up and look at the clock, 10:30pm 🤣🤣🤣 Fuuuuuuuck, another 7 hours of this shit.....

I've never been so happy to get out of bed every morning and just sit on the couch in silence 🤣
Nyqul dreams.
When I had that flu wifey woke me with a sock.in the shoulder to wake me up, I was socking her in the leg. Went in the other room and she came and woke me up since I was yelling so loud. Next night I was fighting in my dreams so bad I threw myself out of bed, THUNK!

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Look
We have a pulse ox deal here and when I first got it my O2 levels dropped to 88% pretty quickly. Stacy made me take ivermectin, even though I didn’t think it was covid. I will say the 02 numbers jumped right up to mid 90’s and stayed there. I’m still on ivermectin for the time being.

RD
Look on the bright side.... If you could smell yourself you obviously didn't loose your sense of smell

Hence... Probably not the VID 😆

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Not to start a pissing match but who got over it real fast and suddenly?

My low grade fever was gone after 2 nights and the cold symptoms were gone a few days later. Had a positive Antigen test and a positive PCR from the urgent care.
Not a big deal for me.

I’m 55 and no shots, The only thing I took was Tylenol and that was just for the sore throat.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
My low grade fever was gone after 2 nights and the cold symptoms were gone a few days later. Had a positive Antigen test and a positive PCR from the urgent care.
Not a big deal for me.

I’m 55 and no shots, The only thing I took was Tylenol and that was just for the sore throat.
Interesting. I wonder if you’d be a no issues shot person like me. I’m a numbers freak and like looking for correlations. My small sample kind of leads me to think bad jab reaction, bad Covid case. Not scientific in the least, just a guess.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Back when I had Covid a couple of weeks ago the soar throat was almost unbearable for 3 nights.
I hadn't had a soar throat like that since I got my tonsils out at 8 years old. Fukin brutal...

timstoy

Reaction score
I can’t recall being sick even before covid was a thing. Everyone I know has had covid. Stacy and I are the only two people that haven’t had it or been sick the entire time?

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I tested positive for Covid during Christmas. I'm jabbed but it was 8 months ago. I was due for a booster but didn't do it. I had no aches or pains, no fever, no headaches and no sore throat whatsoever. But I had a really bad cough and a ton of congestion in my chest for 2 1/2 weeks, I'm just now starting to stop coughing. It kicked my ass and I haven't been sick in years.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
"Each kid coming home from school like a little Petri Dish", bringing everything into the house. To whom may we attribute that past comment?

welldigger00

Reaction score
Hey Dave, you get a headache behind yore eyes that hurt when you move them side to side? Like when you cross yore eyes intentionally, how that feels? And the high fever? That’s what we all got at my crib. Worst part about the whole thing is being flat on yore back for a week watching movies.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Got hit with something over New Years in Havasu. Started feeling a little out of it on New Years Eve but powered through it since we just bought the RZR. Woke up New Years Day and felt weird, but thought it was a little hangover. Went to Bunker Bar and by the time we were heading back, I wasn't feeling good at all. That night sucked but popped some Aleve and that helped. Drive home was long.........following week was still only like 70%, but no drinking, some tea everyday and popping Vitamin C definitely helped.

Tis the season.......

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Went through our house shortly after new years. My sister gave it to the entire family. I was just sore and brain fog for a few days. My wife had the sore throat thing also. She was down for about five days and struggled for a week after. I was rough around the edges for about four days and then a little foggy for another couple.

The brain fog is a strange one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey Dave, you get a headache behind yore eyes that hurt when you move them side to side? Like when you cross yore eyes intentionally, how that feels? And the high fever? That’s what we all got at my crib. Worst part about the whole thing is being flat on yore back for a week watching movies.

My eyes and my head hurt so bad I couldn’t even think about watching tv.. Jist kinda sat there in a dim Or dark room.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
"Each kid coming home from school like a little Petri Dish", bringing everything into the house. To whom may we attribute that past comment?

100% I have always maintained that. It’s a miracle I get sick as rarely as I do.. usually only from running hard for weeks to months on end kinda deal.

I also believe if you drink and smoke most viruses won’t survive so ya never get sick. I’m with the German health chancellor on that. Lol

Apparently not the case when it came to this flu though. 🤨

welldigger00

Reaction score
My eyes and my head hurt so bad I couldn’t even think about watching tv.. Jist kinda sat there in a dim Or dark room.
Fairly sure you had Cron. It’s hitting the hill too hard right now so bad that there is only three available bus drivers for all of rim school district, and they shut down all rim schools for the rest of the week.

gqchris

Reaction score
I was feeling fine yesterday morning and about 2pm driving back from being out started getting Vertigo. Like the real bad kind, never had it before. Except when drinking. LOL....I told my wife gotta get home. Made it back, walking like I was bouncing off the walls and nauseous. So weird. I just layed down and chilled rest of night. No fever, Pulse OX mid 90's. BP and Pulse all normal!

Woke up today and about 80% back to normal. More of a Sinus Headache/Migraine now. I wonder if my inner ear was fighting some shit. I dunno, but you guys that deal with Vertigo daily., I have so much respect for you. That sucked!!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I was feeling fine yesterday morning and about 2pm driving back from being out started getting Vertigo. Like the real bad kind, never had it before. Except when drinking. LOL....I told my wife gotta get home. Made it back, walking like I was bouncing off the walls and nauseous. So weird. I just layed down and chilled rest of night. No fever, Pulse OX mid 90's. BP and Pulse all normal!

Woke up today and about 80% back to normal. More of a Sinus Headache/Migraine now. I wonder if my inner ear was fighting some shit. I dunno, but you guys that deal with Vertigo daily., I have so much respect for you. That sucked!!!
I had the nausea too, felt like I was rocking on a boat.

FCT

Reaction score
Nyqul dreams.
When I had that flu wifey woke me with a sock.in the shoulder to wake me up, I was socking her in the leg. Went in the other room and she came and woke me up since I was yelling so loud. Next night I was fighting in my dreams so bad I threw myself out of bed, THUNK!
that’s better then your wife punching you because your saying another womens name in your sleep 🤣🤦‍♂️

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Dude. You had the omicron. Dead give away is the night sweats and psycho dreams. Whole fam just got over it. Only 2 of 4 tested positive. Lasts 2 days and then, poof, it’s gone light someone turned an on/off switch.

How do you know it was "omicron"? Or are you just making presumptions like the CDC and some health officials?

You know you cant test for that right? You either have a corona virus or you dont. No way to tell the difference.

gqchris

Reaction score
Dr. Stu Coffman has patients tell him they are scared about vaccine side effects. They don’t trust the regulatory approval process and raise disproven concerns that the vaccine will harm their fertility. He said the most unexpected thing someone told him was that there was “actually poison in the mRNA vaccine” — a baseless rumor that originated online.

DALLAS AREA EMERGENCY ROOM PHYSICIAN DR. STU COFFMAN​

He is confounded by the pushback.

“If you’ve got a gunshot wound or stab wound or you’re having a heart attack, you want to see me in the emergency department,” he said. “But as soon as we start talking about a vaccine, all of a sudden I’ve lost all credibility.”
By all means, I trust Dr Coffman to defibrillate me or apply pressure to my gunshot wound. But by no means do I think the guy is an expert at Vaccine production, distribution or roll out. Its not in his wheelhouse. And thats OK. Like any medical decison I make, i will do my own research and consult with my Primary Care physician.

I have two friends that are ER Docs. They have the slightest clue about mRNA or vaccines. 1 got the Jab, one says wait and get data. Neither claim to be any expert at this as well.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
How do you know it was "omicron"? Or are you just making presumptions like the CDC and some health officials?

You know you cant test for that right? You either have a corona virus or you dont. No way to tell the difference.

Mainly because Omicron affects upper respiratory and throat majorly, prior strains were lower respiratory. Extreme sore throat + positive test. good chance that is omicron. Which is why it spreads so much more, it lives much closer to the mouth and nose.

Correct though in the respect that basically nobody gets a DNA sequence done on their strain, so they have no real definitive way of knowing what strain they had.

Reactions: BTR

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Dr. Stu Coffman has patients tell him they are scared about vaccine side effects. They don’t trust the regulatory approval process and raise disproven concerns that the vaccine will harm their fertility. He said the most unexpected thing someone told him was that there was “actually poison in the mRNA vaccine” — a baseless rumor that originated online.

DALLAS AREA EMERGENCY ROOM PHYSICIAN DR. STU COFFMAN​

He is confounded by the pushback.

“If you’ve got a gunshot wound or stab wound or you’re having a heart attack, you want to see me in the emergency department,” he said. “But as soon as we start talking about a vaccine, all of a sudden I’ve lost all credibility.”

The king of cut & paste as well as divisiveness I see has found their way back lol

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Mainly because Omicron affects upper respiratory and throat majorly, prior strains were lower respiratory. Extreme sore throat + positive test. good chance that is omicron. Which is why it spreads so much more, it lives much closer to the mouth and nose.

The "experts" dont even know this as truth so..

I've been dealing with it since a few days after Christmas. There isn't any doctor that will tell me what "variant" i have. Because they honestly do not know.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why are u not home testing RD? I had 5 kits delivered by amazon in 4 days.
If that sick test! At least you will know the enemy

BingerFang

Reaction score
I had it last week and I was bed ridden all Tuesday & Wednesday. I’m 28, pretty darn healthy and it was no joke. My wife would say “Do you need me to grab you anything?”

I responded every single time “yea, the gun.”

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yes, there's the Flu and there's COVID. There are tests available to show if you've had COVID. Why not get one? Jehovah Witnesses and Christian Science beliefs need not reply. Just sayin'

FWIW - As we age, hangovers do not, at all, decrease in intensity. Just sayin'. The "Brown Bottle Flu still exists". There is no vaccine. Less consumption may help. But as we know, if you are able to afford it, there are rehydration services available for some. But, then there's also those kids bringing that stuff home from school. . . . .

Last edited:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I’d put money you have/had the vid. Similiar shit, worst part lasted 2-3 days. How ever tried working day 4 and didn’t work out so well, kidked my ass.
I tested negative w rapid test. How ever our glamis group out of 20 plus peeps, 17 or so all got positive results. That and Michelle works from home and didn’t go anywhere and didn’t go w me to glamis. Day 3 or so of my sickness, she gets sick, and bad. She got a positive test. Im literally the only one she could have gotten from. Took her 9 plus days to recover. And when I say recover I mean function. It fukt her up bad, we were on edge of hospital bound. I’m now 17 days out, overall feel ok. How ever working I get winded easy, and sleep feels like I can never catch up.

CANUCK007

Reaction score
Came to Havasu on the 1st. Wings on the 5th. Won’t say where cuz it prolly not they’re fault. Sick as a dog on the 6th. Managed two sxs rides. Desert bar Sunday. Lost taste buds two days. Can’t eat. Felt just like Dave. Tested + on 12th. Just wish the cough and lack of energy would cure. How do u get ivermectin??

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
100% I have always maintained that. It’s a miracle I get sick as rarely as I do.. usually only from running hard for weeks to months on end kinda deal.

I also believe if you drink and smoke most viruses won’t survive so ya never get sick. I’m with the German health chancellor on that. Lol

Apparently not the case when it came to this flu though. 🤨
Your beliefs play a big part on the infamous RDP Medical Review Board. Medical science would be amazed. The rarity of your illnesses, as posted to RDP, is in substantial question. They're not rare! Just glad you're well now. Stay that way.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score

Positive test. No loss of taste or smell. All the other symptoms of omicron as well. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck. It’s not rocket science.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Positive test. No loss of taste or smell. All the other symptoms of omicron as well. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck. It’s not rocket science.

So how do they come up with these variants and how do they test for them? Because my doctor cant tell me all he can say is I have tested positive for a "corona" virus! And the only way they can determine it is omicron is if they send in a batch of tests and have those tested. And all they get is a percentage of the overall test. And some doctors aren't even sure they are getting accurate results from the variant studies.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
So how do they come up with these variants and how do they test for them? Because my doctor cant tell me all he can say is I have tested positive for a "corona" virus! And the only way they can determine it is omicron is if they send in a batch of tests and have those tested. And all they get is a percentage of the overall test. And some doctors aren't even sure they are getting accurate results from the variant studies.
You are correct.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
You are correct.

I was thinking @BTR had some insight. From the post I read he has to be in the medical field? And must have some insight that we dont! I'm more than interested if he has the answers.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
I was thinking @BTR had some insight. From the post I read he has to be in the medical field? And must have some insight that we dont! I'm more than interested if he has the answers.
Not in medical field. Just an average Joe monitoring the goings on. Wife is in the medical field, front line provider. She knows about as much as you and I. She tells me that hospitalized patients randomly get their virus looked at in detail and that is where they determine what strain is out there. Election microscope, genetic sequencing I assume. Can’t be that difficult with the right tools.