WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Had the FLU (I think?) - holy <%#€!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Not in medical field. Just an average Joe monitoring the goings on. Wife is in the medical field, front line provider. She knows about as much as you and I. She tells me that hospitalized patients randomly get their virus looked at in detail and that is where they determine what strain is out there. Election microscope, genetic sequencing I assume. Can’t be that difficult with the right tools.

Your wife is wrong about "patients randomly get their virus looked at" it is sent in with 50 or more Others and broken down to what it might be. Then the labs are sent back to said office with a percentage "estimate" of what it is what. There is not a single doctor or person out there that can tell you "exactly" what you have(I take that back, maybe that comes in with "fuk you $$").

But you seem so "confident" to tell him he had omicron.. when an actual doctor cant even do that with any certainty.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
We have a pulse ox deal here and when I first got it my O2 levels dropped to 88% pretty quickly. Stacy made me take ivermectin, even though I didn’t think it was covid. I will say the 02 numbers jumped right up to mid 90’s and stayed there. I’m still on ivermectin for the time being.

RD
According to my wife that (88) is pretty low. I got to 90 an didn't think it was a big deal but with Shingles/Covid and resulting in Pneumonia it became significant. Stay the course and keep up the deep breathing. Sleeping on your stomach (which I struggle with) and walking around my block is what kept me improving. Power through bro. Please share any side effects of ivermectin. Play on

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Your wife is wrong about "patients randomly get their virus looked at" it is sent in with 50 or more Others and broken down to what it might be. Then the labs are sent back to said office with a percentage "estimate" of what it is what. There is not a single doctor or person out there that can tell you "exactly" what you have(I take that back, maybe that comes in with "fuk you $$").

But you seem so "confident" to tell him he had omicron.. when an actual doctor cant even do that with any certainty.
What else then? I’m reading this thread and people are sick for weeks at a time. We were all over it 100% on day 3. No loss of taste or smell, sore throat, headache, body sore and testing positive. No meds taken or needed. Either the vaccine works, you would never admit that, or we had the omicron version.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why are u not home testing RD? I had 5 kits delivered by amazon in 4 days.
If that sick test! At least you will know the enemy

I tested the first day with a headache it came back negative.. we have one more test, Stacy didn’t want to use it.

FYI you can’t buy tests or for that matter even meds right now in Havasu. This was taken off a local orchids and onions page.. smiths pharmacy I believe today.

DE63FE04-F408-4DDB-B28D-9C5B3004E06C.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Does every single thing gotta be some god damn argument?

Someone coulda told me I had herpes.. I’d give it the same credence as anyone else on the internet. Lol. Not worth arguing over?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Since we are all playing online doctor here..

I personally don’t think it was covid. I think it was some seriously potent but quick flu..

If that’s what omnicron is so be it.. but I didn’t really have any respiratory problems other than initial o2 drop which was quickly resolved by breathing into my breathing machine thing I bought

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
I just don’t understand why everyone has to try and be a sick and argue every single point with each other..

It is possible to have multiple opinions and not attack the other person..
My wife works for the federal government in the medical field. I trust her a bit more than YouTube videos. Not saying the government is always right but they do know how to ID Covid strains.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
OMG…this thread. Can we just rename it the “man cold thread”? Dave was down for a day and a half. I did test him with the tests that have been accurate on everyone I have given them to including Frank and my mom. It was negative. Dave seems normal. I would say he was a solid 36 hours of moaning and sleeping and sweating. Sierra is complaining of a headache now and Daniel is fine but we are fighting his fever. He is my high fever kid so I’ve seen him get up to 105+ In the past. He’s just sleeping. No one is experiencing any respiratory issues. I’m treating Dave with Ivermectin just in case. And every other supplement under the sun. Kids are getting a few immune supplements. And I’m eating garlic, drinking ACV, and taking every supplement I have. So far I’m solid. I did have the IV lady shoot me up with her immune crap. I told her give us everything we don’t have a budget. Even made her stick Dave with D against his will. I will try to get more tests tomorrow. CVS today had a line through the aisles for the pharmacy. I ran out of that place.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My wife works for the federal government in the medical field. I trust her a bit more than YouTube videos. Not saying the government is always right but they do know how to ID Covid strains.

The government can’t even stop telemarketers.. just to put things into perspective here.

To put it more into perspective, it is currently easier for any one of us to purchase cocaine or any controlled substance any day if the week, than it is to purchase a Nobel prize winning drug being handed out all over the globe as a covid treatment.

I have faith in your wife.. especially if she has access to information and can see the processes.. but I’d trust that far more than any branch and or representative of government with regard to what’s happening in America right now.

petie6464

Reaction score
Havasu regional, full...had a friend sitting in ER lobby for seven hours Friday, then two days in ER exam room before taken to a room today.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Havasu regional, full...had a friend sitting in ER lobby for seven hours Friday, then two days in ER exam room before taken to a room today.

I wouldn’t doubt it.. like I said the whole town is sick right now

JB in so cal

Reaction score
OMG…this thread. Can we just rename it the “man cold thread”? Dave was down for a day and a half. I did test him with the tests that have been accurate on everyone I have given them to including Frank and my mom. It was negative. Dave seems normal. I would say he was a solid 36 hours of moaning and sleeping and sweating. Sierra is complaining of a headache now and Daniel is fine but we are fighting his fever. He is my high fever kid so I’ve seen him get up to 105+ In the past. He’s just sleeping. No one is experiencing any respiratory issues. I’m treating Dave with Ivermectin just in case. And every other supplement under the sun. Kids are getting a few immune supplements. And I’m eating garlic, drinking ACV, and taking every supplement I have. So far I’m solid. I did have the IV lady shoot me up with her immune crap. I told her give us everything we don’t have a budget. Even made her stick Dave with D against his will. I will try to get more tests tomorrow. CVS today had a line through the aisles for the pharmacy. I ran out of that place.
lol Stacey, laughing at another man cold reference. Get healthy, Johnson family

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Even made her stick Dave with D against his will.

Woah...this thread just went from R-rated to X-rated.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So how do they come up with these variants and how do they test for them? Because my doctor cant tell me all he can say is I have tested positive for a "corona" virus! And the only way they can determine it is omicron is if they send in a batch of tests and have those tested. And all they get is a percentage of the overall test. And some doctors aren't even sure they are getting accurate results from the variant studies.

Exactly what my doctor and the hospital told me.

2Driver

Reaction score
I’ll contribute with 2 weird first-hand contrasting stories - second one is alarming

1. Neighbor with post cancer pain goes to Mayo in Scottsdale on direction of her Dr. She sits in the ER in pain for 7 hours. With no chance of a bed in sight she calls us at 11 pm to come get her. She’s at home on pain meds and has been waiting 5 days for an appointment - cancer has returned.

2. A good friend with chronic gut pain, otherwise feeling fine, is told by his Dr to go to Mayo for a Cat scan. Upon entry to Mayo they did a covid test. He tested positive desite no symptoms and they rushed him into an isolated hospital room to wait for his Cat scan. They told him he can’t leave the room and there was an alarm on the door that would go off if he tried to leave. He said the whole place was a cluster fuck. 3 DAYS later in isolation they gave him his cat scan. Afterwards he said I’m not going back in the room I’m leaving and walked out.

Now that he is home they have been calling attempting to get contact tracing info from him

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score
I’ll contribute with 2 weird first-hand contrasting stories - second one is alarming

1. Neighbor with post cancer pain goes to Mayo in Scottsdale on direction of her Dr. She sits in the ER in pain for 7 hours. With no chance of a bed in sight she calls us at 11 pm to come get her. She’s at home on pain meds and has been waiting 5 days for an appointment - cancer has returned.

2. A good friend with chronic gut pain, otherwise feeling fine, is told by his Dr to go to Mayo for a Cat scan. Upon entry to Mayo they did a covid test. He tested positive desite no symptoms and they rushed him into an isolated hospital room to wait for his Cat scan. They told him he can’t leave the room and there was an alarm on the door that would go off if he tried to leave. He said the whole place was a cluster fuck. 3 DAYS later in isolation they gave him his cat scan. Afterwards he said I’m not going back in the room I’m leaving and walked out.
I wonder who foots the bill for the 3 Day isolation camp Hospital stay?

boatnam2

Reaction score
I just don’t understand why everyone has to try and be a sick and argue every single point with each other..

Welcome to todays world, where you have to be on one one side or the other and argue it to the end. Cant just be a helpful tool to understand how people are feeling, everything is about their belief.

Reactions: BTR

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Welcome to todays world, where you have to be on one one side or the other and argue it to the end.... even if both sides have some valid points. Cant just be a helpful tool to understand how people are feeling, everything is about their belief and can't bring themselves to admit that there's a tiny possibity they're not 100% right.
Added my own little edit.

MSum661

Reaction score
Sit in a chair for 15 minutes several times a day and get some direct sunlight.

petie6464

Reaction score
I wouldn’t doubt it.. like I said the whole town is sick right now
Seems that way. Hospital has been outgrown, and like everything staffing is difficult.

This Hospital is owned by physicians, it's over priced under/poorly staffed and I don't believe the board of directors care less, they are making big money off their shitty Hospital.

Singleton

Reaction score
Nasty cold/flu floating around. Everyone in my house had it the week after New Years. 1 was out of it for 2 days, wife had it for 1. Son had it for 4. Daughter was 2. Started Sunday and by Friday everyone was back to normal, with just the winter congestion.

last week my daughters school sent C19 at home test kits to all kids. My daughter‘s classroom now has 14 kids out of school for 10 days (quarantine). Daughter had to test last night to return to school today., she was negative, so off to school she goes. We did use the test kits we had and not the one the school sent home (don’t trust them).

dribble

Reaction score
I'm dealing with the sore throat now.... I never experienced a sore throat like this, its worse than strep. Started Friday evening and still around, but better today.

I thought the covid headache was bad, nope the throat has been the worst.

With this covid strain, you test positive many days after the symptoms. So may people thinks its a flu/cold but its not....I tested positive 4 days after the sore back muscles. .
I just got over the same thing. I couldn’t sleep from the sore throat. Swallowing was torture. Tested and was positive for Covid. After four days it left me as quickly as it came.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Hello Dave;

I got no dog in this fight but have a little info you might be interested in. The current round of Covid ( what ever you want to call it) that is making the rounds around here is acting a little different. My wife did not test positive until almost the end of symptoms. From what I am seeing and hearing, this is fairly normal for this round. As a second note, none of the three of us lost taste and only my wife lost smell. Ironically the smell thing for her was a full week after the symptoms showed. The final part was we are still dragging over this. Getting energy back has been tough.

Order your test kits online, they will arrive in a day or two and you don't have to wait in line. Food for thought, but test again. The delays in showing on tests are very common with this round of infections and the rapid tests have approximately a 25% false negative rate with Omicron.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I had Omni at Christmas and it was no big deal. Wife went to get labs done last week and the following day she was sick with aches and pains. Then my son and I got sick over the weekend. I slept in the spare bedroom while my wife was sick and yesterday my back hurt so bad I couldn't hardly take it. I don't think it was the mattress in that room as I never had an issue, but I can tell you I can see why people get addicted to pain killers. I wanted something to take it away bad! I woke up this morning with about 20% of the pain and it's tolerable. I took NyQuil as I really don't like the drugs, but it really didn't do that much more than giving me the ability to sleep. Hope I have the antibodies now!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I just got over the same thing. I couldn’t sleep from the sore throat. Swallowing was torture. Tested and was positive for Covid. After four days it left me as quickly as it came.
I'm 1000% better but not 100% yet. Throat still hurts some and this is day 5. I still get hot flashes moving around and get winded quickly, so that is still lingering around. Hopefully a few more days, then i'm good.

riverroyal

Reaction score
whats your thoughts on Speed UTV? Just kidding. Our store are like yours, not much to pick

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Previously in this thread there was mention of Frank, Dave’s driver buddy. Early on Frank and Grandpa were mention in the very sad saga of Stacy’s Mom. How are Frank and Grandpa doing now? Believe it was said, Grandpa was in 90s and vaxed?

robusto

Reaction score
Hello Dave;

I got no dog in this fight but have a little info you might be interested in. The current round of Covid ( what ever you want to call it) that is making the rounds around here is acting a little different. My wife did not test positive until almost the end of symptoms. From what I am seeing and hearing, this is fairly normal for this round. As a second note, none of the three of us lost taste and only my wife lost smell. Ironically the smell thing for her was a full week after the symptoms showed. The final part was we are still dragging over this. Getting energy back has been tough.

Order your test kits online, they will arrive in a day or two and you don't have to wait in line. Food for thought, but test again. The delays in showing on tests are very common with this round of infections and the rapid tests have approximately a 25% false negative rate with Omicron.
1642530256140.png

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Hello Dave;

I was sick for 8 days before I tested positive. I didn’t test every day but did test 3 times while experiencing symptoms. It was not until the 3rd test that I tested positive.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

you need to go get tested, so you can be label covid+ Just like all of us.

gqchris

Reaction score
@RiverDave How many Ivermectin's are you taking at the moment? 3MG Pills , right? About 10 or so? Curious to know my dosage if needed. Thanks!

retaocleg

Reaction score
hope you feel better......
fever dreams are the worst, one time i got the gilligans island theme on replay in my head......still cant hear it without flashbacks🤷‍♂️

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was pretty much over this yesterday.. not 100% better but mostly less than a 100% because I haven’t really eaten in days and was laying in bed for three days..

Both Summer and myself are over it.

Stacy, Daniel & Sierra are bow goi by through it. Stacy is currently burning up on the couch. My son had fevers yesterday but already seems a little better, Sierra seems to be pretty mild as well.

instagator

Reaction score
I think its great we can tell each other we have been sick, how long, symptoms and other info, makes your feel better that your not the only one feeling bad when you get some real world data versus the news crap Like jab versus non jabbed, trump versus Biden non health related political bull.
Trump is now promoting the jab.......

Dalton

Reaction score
Either the vaccine works, you would never admit that, or we had the omicron version.

You could have any variant and breeze through, or have omicron and die. Not as cut and dry as you're thinking.

Trump is now promoting the jab.......

He has from day one, I think he has even taken credit for creating it at times.

Wendi

Reaction score
Not to start a pissing match but who got over it real fast and suddenly? We’re all jabbed and boosted. It lasted exactly 3 days on the money. Nothing taken other than Tylenol for the headaches. Wife and one kid had a harder time but they got knocked down by the shots. Me and the other kid had zero reactions to the shots and way less symptoms. Maybe the shots are a precursor of what to expect???
I had it January 2021 the OG Covid. Lost my taste and smell and that was about it. Felt like I had a common cold, no aches or fever. New Years going into 2022 my husband was sick. I wasn't feeling anything at all so I tested and it was negative. I went out to enjoy the NYE festivities. 2 days later I was in bed with the worst headache and body aches, night sweats really bad, cough and sore throat. I was back up and feeling much better in days. Neither of us tested After New Years, but everyone I know that was testing positive for Omnicron had the same exact symptoms we had.

Reactions: BTR

Nordie

Reaction score
Sounds kind of like you guys got it...

Wendi

Reaction score
I don’t know if this was covid or not.. I wouldn’t think it was if it was any other time in my life pre covid..

I have only ever felt like that one other time in my life. When I was a kid I got a severe case of mono and it almost killed em several times during the duration.

If it was covid it lasted two real days abd yesterday I felt a lot better.. last night I had fevers again. Today I feel weak, but not sick.

My sinuses are burning and running now which is new and I didn’t have that before.

On a downside my son complained of a severe headache a few hours ago (same started with me) and now he’s already in bed with a fever.

Nobody is vaxxed in this house so if it’s the Omnicron deal I guess we are gonna go through it now.. if it’s The flu I’m guessing we are gonna go through it as well.

We have one covid test left in our household because we gave them all away to people that needed them..
Davie I think you are all fighting the Omnicron variant. Stay in bed. If you guys need anything text me and I can run and get you whatever you need. Drink lots of fluid and take dayquil and nightquil.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Davie I think you are all fighting the Omnicron variant. Stay in bed. If you guys need anything text me and I can run and get you whatever you need. Drink lots of fluid and take dayquil and nightquil.

Im Over it. Summers over it. Daniel seems ok but you can tell he isn’t well. Sierra is coping.

Stacy is sick but Jist got an IV and feels a thousand time better, but is still sickly.