WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Had the FLU (I think?) - holy <%#€!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Friday night I was drinking with friends per usual.. Saturday pretty early I woke up not feeling “right”. By mid morning I was feeling pretty rough.. couldn’t tell ya a lot about it other than I was having fevers off and on pretty much all day.

The kinda fevers where you are soaking through pajamas, sheets, and even the blanket is kinda wet.

Kept changing shirts and pj’s and even sheets but now the aches set in.. I am gonna tell you that isn’t even the right word. My bones (all of them) hurt. My joints, all of them, hurt.. Some of my muscles hurt.. but my legs / hips? Was enough to make your eyes water.

Next day I had the IV people come and drop the bags and the vitamins and the Meyers cocktail and the vitamin shots in the ass on top of it.

There is always some relief when you get in IV if nothing else just from hydration.

If that is what the flu is like in modern times I can absolutely see people dying from it..

At one point I don’t know if I was awake, asleep, or hallucinating but I swear I thought I was in a concert and the music was so loud all I wanted was for it to stop..

The irony being it’s some random band (genesis) and some random song that I never much cared for.. I had to actually look it up on google to find out what it was.

If I never hear that again it will be to soon.

I’m feeling better today.. got out of bed and went to the living room and I told Stacy “something smells bad in here.” Turned out it was me. 😳. This last round I think I finally sweated this virus out of me and into pj / t shirt pair number six or seven..

Anyhow this is a PSA to tell you there is some nasty shit going around and trust me when I tell you, you don’t f’ing want it. I was so weak for
Most of this I couldn’t lift a rv remote let alone a phone. My eyeballs hurt so bad I couldn’t read or watch tv etc.. awful.

IV nurses said it’s ripping through town like wildfire, right along side of covid.

I guess if I was gonna catch one or the other I’m glad I caught this.. I honestly couldn’t imagine covid being any worse though.. albeit I’m not sure I’d be over it in three or four days.

RD

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My step-daughter that lives in Prescott Valley, AZ was in the hospital over the weekend. She was having difficulty breathing. They did a COVID test and it was negative. They did an influenza test and determined she had influenza-A. They gave her some medications and sent her home.

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Before covid the regular flu killed between 20k-60k people annually, and i believe one year as much as 80k....

I've had the flu in the past that was way worse symptomwise than covid was. The flu sucks.

PilotRyan

Reaction score
I’m just getting over having Covid I think. Didn’t bother getting tested but I had the same symptoms as you the first two days. They subsided and I was left with a very very painful sore throat. Like clench my teeth every time I swallow my own spit kind of pain. It lasted for 7 days and this morning I think it’s finally gone.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m just getting over having Covid I think. Didn’t bother getting tested but I had the same symptoms as you the first two days. They subsided and I was left with a very very painful sore throat. Like clench my teeth every time I swallow my own spit kind of pain. It lasted for 7 days and this morning I think it’s finally gone.
I'm dealing with the sore throat now.... I never experienced a sore throat like this, its worse than strep. Started Friday evening and still around, but better today.

I thought the covid headache was bad, nope the throat has been the worst.

With this covid strain, you test positive many days after the symptoms. So may people thinks its a flu/cold but its not....I tested positive 4 days after the sore back muscles. .

j21black

Reaction score
Got it last Tuesday - Down for a few days with temp approaching 104 at times. Son went down the next day, but not as bad - Wife went down Friday and was out of commission until this morning.

I tested - for China Flu, but believe that is likely what is was.

Sore Throat was the worst part. Today was the first time I woke up without it being bothersome.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Dude. You had the omicron. Dead give away is the night sweats and psycho dreams. Whole fam just got over it. Only 2 of 4 tested positive. Lasts 2 days and then, poof, it’s gone light someone turned an on/off switch.

Xring01

Reaction score
Back around Dec 17th, I attended my daughters College Graduation for Bach of Reg Nursing in Chico Ca

By the time I got home, I had one nasty sinus infection (second one this year). As usual I dont go to DRs, I just take over the counter shit and work my way thru it.

Right after Xmas, I start feeling a bit better from the Sinus infection, and Bam…. About 9pm at night my throat is scratchy, by 2am, it was raw and there was no way I could sleep thru that., night sweats, head pounding and So 3 days of “Strep Throat, I call and get Anti Biotics, did that for 10 days, and slowly recovered.

However the last week… one day I will feel up to 90%, but the next day, I am down to 60%, the next 85%, then down, up down.

Tried to buy CV test, but everywhere I live was sold out, and I am not standing in any fucking line for a few hours to get tested.

So… summarize… about a month ago, I started getting my ass kicked, and today, I am at 90%…

Hoping tomorrow I am 95%… if not, its gonna suck.

What ever the fuck I have, or had, or ____________ . … I am ready for this shit to be over.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I had the same fever symptoms for 2 days followed by 4 days of sore throat and bad sinus. My work asked me to covid test which I did (both home antigen and urgent care PCR) both showed positive for covid. My wife who had it first tests 3 days a week at her hospital where she works and never tested positive nor did either of my kids. Crazy world we're in.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Dude. You had the omicron. Dead give away is the night sweats and psycho dreams. Whole fam just got over it. Only 2 of 4 tested positive. Lasts 2 days and then, poof, it’s gone light someone turned an on/off switch.

Oh yeah, my dreams were like my version of a nightmare, basically just repeating or trying to accomplish some mundane task that just drags on and on and on and you never get done. I would wake up thinking it was real for a second then had to tell myself it was just bullshit dreams... They SUCKKKKED.

One night it was some stupid shit like building a simple box out of plywood, just cut 6 squares and put it together... but you could never get it done, it would seem like ti drug on for hours then i'd wake up and look at the clock, 10:30pm 🤣🤣🤣 Fuuuuuuuck, another 7 hours of this shit.....

I've never been so happy to get out of bed every morning and just sit on the couch in silence 🤣

cakemoto

Reaction score
Tomorrow will be a week for me.Going to take the rest of the week off hopefully get some self test and head out to the 425

FCT

Reaction score
My wife and i got it Friday night and haven’t left our couch. Exactly what you had is how we have been. The body aches are no fucking joke. My wife has RA so it has hit her even harder. Both our boys have been running fevers and body aches too. Like RD said its brutal and we have never been hit this hard from being sick. Glad your feeling better! I swear everyone we know has been getting it too.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
yup that's the bug going around Dave, got me over Christmas and yes it's covid or at least it was for me, thought I was going to die Christmas morning, twice the recommend dosage of "airborne" and "alkaseltzer" for 3 days and it was gone, the sweat secession is the turning point, go to the urgent care have them test you and get a "Z-Pak" prescription to kill any secondary infection

grumpy88

Reaction score
Same here . Tomorrow will be 2 weeks . Still fighting it . Iv would of been ideal !

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I have a high school friend who is currently in a Las Vegas hospital on a ventilator, fully sedated, experiencing severe blood clotting in his legs, family was to decide on Saturday if they were going to amputate both of his legs. That's COVID.

riverroyal

Reaction score
will the flu shot work on this season? I know it changes yearly.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have had this twice the past 30 days, i think brought on by working to much. But same symptoms both times, in bed for 3-4 days without getting out except to piss, i didn't eat either time for 4 days so i know I'm sick, tested negative a few times with home kit for vid, no fever, little sore throat and the sweat deals with some mild nyquill dream nightmares lol. i have both shots, booster and flu shot, go figure!

sirbob

Reaction score
Is there a test that can tell if you had covid?

I know they test to see if you “have” it but can they test to se if you “had” it?

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my dreams were like my version of a nightmare, basically just repeating or trying to accomplish some mundane task that just drags on and on and on and you never get done. I would wake up thinking it was real for a second then had to tell myself it was just bullshit dreams... They SUCKKKKED.

One night it was some stupid shit like building a simple box out of plywood, just cut 6 squares and put it together... but you could never get it done, it would seem like ti drug on for hours then i'd wake up and look at the clock, 10:30pm 🤣🤣🤣 Fuuuuuuuck, another 7 hours of this shit.....

I've never been so happy to get out of bed every morning and just sit on the couch in silence 🤣
Exactly. My dreams were dark, evil in theme. Normally my dreams involve tagging some strange, not this time.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Not to start a pissing match but who got over it real fast and suddenly? We’re all jabbed and boosted. It lasted exactly 3 days on the money. Nothing taken other than Tylenol for the headaches. Wife and one kid had a harder time but they got knocked down by the shots. Me and the other kid had zero reactions to the shots and way less symptoms. Maybe the shots are a precursor of what to expect???

River Runnin

Reaction score
Tested on the 6th positive after a couple days feeling punkey! They say it can last 3 to 6 weeks! Rinsing sinuses, Zinc, C, D, & elderberry, green tea, no sugar foods or snacks, and plenty of protein! Likely to start CBD soon

satellitemike

Reaction score
Weather or not its Covid or the Flu I think any germ is going to hit people harder due to all the "fear of the germs" being masked up and sanitizing of everything for the better part of the last 2 years.
Your bodies imune system cant fight off shit now!

River Runnin

Reaction score
Our 16 year. Awesome friendship came to an end in 3 weeks last year because they thought it was just a cold! — She died of the Covid! — it doesn’t matter what you think you might have! Get tested! So at least you don’t spread it around!

j21black

Reaction score
Is there a test that can tell if you had covid?

I know they test to see if you “have” it but can they test to se if you “had” it?
Yes - Your blood can be tested for antibodies.

Dalton

Reaction score
Weather or not its Covid or the Flu I think any germ is going to hit people harder due to all the "fear of the germs" being masked up and sanitizing of everything for the better part of the last 2 years.
Your bodies imune system cant fight off shit now!

Covid is very much a physical ailment, but I think everyone, one time or another, has been so stressed they became physically ill. Strangely enough, anxiety and fear-related disorders are a top comorbidity with severe covid illness.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Not to start a pissing match but who got over it real fast and suddenly? We’re all jabbed and boosted. It lasted exactly 3 days on the money. Nothing taken other than Tylenol for the headaches. Wife and one kid had a harder time but they got knocked down by the shots. Me and the other kid had zero reactions to the shots and way less symptoms. Maybe the shots are a precursor of what to expect???

I started having what RD explained...as soon as I was tested and came up positive 12/27 I loaded up on IVRMectin, Steroids, and ZPak....within 36hrs my symptoms were gone...and probably another 4-5 days I felt back to 90-95%...a lil tired but no symptoms (aches, fever, headache, ect).....my wife caught at the same time did not take anything and her symptoms lingered for about 4-5 days...

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

It’s a ridiculous discussion because the result of the argument, vaccinated or unvaccinated, can’t be confirmed or denied.

For instance, neither of my kids are vaccinated and they were ill for exactly 24 hours.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I think its great we can tell each other we have been sick, how long, symptoms and other info, makes your feel better that your not the only one feeling bad when you get some real world data versus the news crap Like jab versus non jabbed, trump versus Biden non health related political bull.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

And I thought I was the only one have those dreams.😂

mobldj

Reaction score
Same here . Tomorrow will be 2 weeks . Still fighting it . Iv would of been ideal !
yea we were sick for 3 weeks after italy.not covid.amazing the differant colors that come out of your body.lol

500bbc

Reaction score
Friday night I was drinking with friends per usual.. Saturday pretty early I woke up not feeling “right”. By mid morning I was feeling pretty rough.. couldn’t tell ya a lot about it other than I was having fevers off and on pretty much all day.

The kinda fevers where you are soaking through pajamas, sheets, and even the blanket is kinda wet.

Kept changing shirts and pj’s and even sheets but now the aches set in.. I am gonna tell you that isn’t even the right word. My bones (all of them) hurt. My joints, all of them, hurt.. Some of my muscles hurt.. but my legs / hips? Was enough to make your eyes water.

Next day I had the IV people come and drop the bags and the vitamins and the Meyers cocktail and the vitamin shots in the ass on top of it.

There is always some relief when you get in IV if nothing else just from hydration.

If that is what the flu is like in modern times I can absolutely see people dying from it..

At one point I don’t know if I was awake, asleep, or hallucinating but I swear I thought I was in a concert and the music was so loud all I wanted was for it to stop..

The irony being it’s some random band (genesis) and some random song that I never much cared for.. I had to actually look it up on google to find out what it was.

If I never hear that again it will be to soon.

I’m feeling better today.. got out of bed and went to the living room and I told Stacy “something smells bad in here.” Turned out it was me. 😳. This last round I think I finally sweated this virus out of me and into pj / t shirt pair number six or seven..

Anyhow this is a PSA to tell you there is some nasty shit going around and trust me when I tell you, you don’t f’ing want it. I was so weak for
Most of this I couldn’t lift a rv remote let alone a phone. My eyeballs hurt so bad I couldn’t read or watch tv etc.. awful.

IV nurses said it’s ripping through town like wildfire, right along side of covid.

I guess if I was gonna catch one or the other I’m glad I caught this.. I honestly couldn’t imagine covid being any worse though.. albeit I’m not sure I’d be over it in three or four days.

RD
I had that flu months ago, was sure it was the vid. Wife made go get tested, just flu.
Have the vid right now, it's a cake walk.

LB247XS

Reaction score
I had the same symptoms over Christmas and New years tested three times and I was negative. With that being said if I get sick again I ain't even going to bother getting tested I'm so over all this covid bullshit if I'm sick I'm sick it is what it is it's . going to do my best to take care of myself and move forward. 👍👍👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It’s a ridiculous discussion because the result of the argument, vaccinated or unvaccinated, can’t be confirmed or denied.

For instance, neither of my kids are vaccinated and they were ill for exactly 24 hours.

I don’t know if this was covid or not.. I wouldn’t think it was if it was any other time in my life pre covid..

I have only ever felt like that one other time in my life. When I was a kid I got a severe case of mono and it almost killed em several times during the duration.

If it was covid it lasted two real days abd yesterday I felt a lot better.. last night I had fevers again. Today I feel weak, but not sick.

My sinuses are burning and running now which is new and I didn’t have that before.

On a downside my son complained of a severe headache a few hours ago (same started with me) and now he’s already in bed with a fever.

Nobody is vaxxed in this house so if it’s the Omnicron deal I guess we are gonna go through it now.. if it’s The flu I’m guessing we are gonna go through it as well.

We have one covid test left in our household because we gave them all away to people that needed them..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Huh?? You just had a thread like this a few months back??

I can’t recall being sick even before covid was a thing. Everyone I know has had covid. Stacy and I are the only two people that haven’t had it or been sick the entire time?