WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Had to explain a mosh pit to the wife

Roosky01

Reaction score
Mosh pits are great until you think about just how much sweat from other people end up on you.😝

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
My wife, now thankfully and ex-hardcore punk rock chick, lived for the mosh pits at all the concerts she went to. Plenty of pictures of her with blood on her shirts, black eyes, and bruises.

To this day…don’t get it haha.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
I entered the mosh pit once with my buddy, it was great but would never do it again. I wanted to take a bat to every person in there.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Once, never found a thrill.
My sister would come home bruised.
Something for everybody.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Just adds to the "battered" woman thing.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Went with a couple of my kids to see DRI last year. Local indoor skatepark. Kids were skating and the pit was moving. No flying elbows, just old school punk rock shit. I could tell my son wanted to jump in and finally my daughter grabbed him and yanked him in. Think it was 1986 last time I saw DRI play?

Going to see Subhumans in a couple weeks,,,,

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Mosh pits are great until you think about just how much sweat from other people end up on you.😝
It's a lot like being a NBA player in the lane😂that said, my son seems to have an affinity for mosh pits.😬
Screenshot_20220715-092816_Google.jpg

Cdog

Reaction score
Had plenty of all that at the Warpt Tours in the 90's. Guttermouth, Nofx, pennywise, screeching weasel ....tons more.

I still hit a show every once in a while. Last was Lagwagon & Face to face. I sit in the back and watch these days. But the cows are definitely older. LOL!

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Had plenty of all that at the Warpt Tours in the 90's. Guttermouth, Nofx, pennywise, screeching weasel ....tons more.

I still hit a show every once in a while. Last was Lagwagon & Face to face. I sit in the back and watch these days. But the cows are definitely older. LOL!

I once took a really nice catholic girl on a first date to a Guttermouth show. 🤣

my very first show ever was Smut Peddlers.

everyone in TX calls my playlist devil worshiper music🖕🖕🖕

and yes, I enjoyed a good moshpit

707dog

Reaction score
in my prime got invited to a where house "heavy metal" concert in Oakland mid 90's. the crew i went with this was their shit. I was along for the drinks and dirty Bi$%ches they promised. got drug in the pit and got a windmill back hand chop to the side of my head so i spear shot a head bunt to the dudes forehead he was busted open leaking gave me the middle finger then gave me a hug and he ran off... i knew then the mosh pit was not for me so off too find those dirty chicks as promised... horns up mutha fukas

wet hull

Reaction score
I once took a really nice catholic girl on a first date to a Guttermouth show. 🤣

my very first show ever was Smut Peddlers.

everyone in TX calls my playlist devil worshiper music🖕🖕🖕

and yes, I enjoyed a good moshpit
We went to a punk show back around 2002 at SDSU. Guttermouth, Pennywise and bunch of others. Mark Adkins of Guttermouth on the 1st song was jumping up and down. Came down and snapped his ankle. Real bad. Screamed at crew for some beer and played rest of set standing on 1 leg holding mic stand. Let see you do that Britney Spears 🤟🤟

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
suicidal tendencies gets some epic pits going.
couple years ago in Huntington. 🤘
@Ziggy this might have been the concert I met your son at, he stalked me because I had rdp shirt on, lol

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Summer sanitarium, Candlestick, 02 or 03. I was pretty much front and center. Not so much mosh but my god the pressure pushing towards the stage was intense.
I had this shirt but wore the fuck out of it.
0ED9E393-672F-4D23-B7C3-66103A558173.jpeg

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Last pit for me was Anaheim house of blues i think about a year before Covid. Anthrax, testament and I can remember the other band. Good pit! friend lost his shoe at some point so we linked up and started smashing people until we found it!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Last pit for me was Anaheim house of blues i think about a year before Covid. Anthrax, testament and I can remember the other band. Good pit! friend lost his shoe at some point so we linked up and started smashing people until we found it!
I lost a shoe at the Monsters of Rock back in 88. Chipped a tooth at a desert party in 89.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
in my prime got invited to a where house "heavy metal" concert in Oakland mid 90's. the crew i went with this was their shit. I was along for the drinks and dirty Bi$%ches they promised. got drug in the pit and got a windmill back hand chop to the side of my head so i spear shot a head bunt to the dudes forehead he was busted open leaking gave me the middle finger then gave me a hug and he ran off... i knew then the mosh pit was not for me so off too find those dirty chicks as promised... horns up mutha fukas
Know how I know yore tough? You want to a show in Oakland and lived….. fuck that shit

😂😏

Cdog

Reaction score
We went to a punk show back around 2002 at SDSU. Guttermouth, Pennywise and bunch of others. Mark Adkins of Guttermouth on the 1st song was jumping up and down. Came down and snapped his ankle. Real bad. Screamed at crew for some beer and played rest of set standing on 1 leg holding mic stand. Let see you do that Britney Spears 🤟🤟
I was there!! Dude's awesome