C5ADA3E9-B4FD-4DAF-9B77-AD49C309DFF7.jpeg

šŸ–•

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic šŸ˜
Reaction score

RodnJen

Reaction score
what does that have to do with this?

Nothing really. It is ironic that the leader of the country decided to give away taxpayer money to entities that donā€™t pay taxes. What happened to everyone paying their fair share?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Nothing really. It is ironic that the leader of the country decided to give away taxpayer money to entities that donā€™t pay taxes. What happened to everyone paying their fair share?
Trump or Pelosi decided to give it away?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
But this is ok?

Yep. They didnā€™t burn their own churches down and ask for money to rebuild them. They asked for payroll protection loans.
People donā€™t work for those organizations for free, they are like any other business.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Life isnā€™t fair Rod.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
People donā€™t work for those organizations for free, they are like any other business.

Well, with the exception of the fact that those organizations don't pay taxes. If they don't pay taxes they should not get taxpayer help to stay solvent. On the other hand the government forced those organizations to shut down for an extended time so I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

Not sure Trump has any control or oversight on who gets the money anyway.

It doesn't have anything the do with the situation in Minnesota however.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well, with the exception of the fact that those organizations don't pay taxes. If they don't pay taxes they should not get taxpayer help to stay solvent. On the other hand the government forced those organizations to shut down for an extended time so I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

Not sure Trump has any control or oversight on who gets the money anyway.

It doesn't have anything the do with the situation in Minnesota however.

Agreed, this had nothing to do with rebuilding Minnesota.

Government set the terms for PPP. If the organization was lawfully eligible, applies and receives money, it is what it is. It is not the fault of the recipient of the money that they were given funds.

Yes those organizations donā€™t pay taxes, but the people that work for them do. There are quite a few people that work for non profits, houses of worship etc. Why should those people get hung out to dry when the government hands out money to everyone else?

FWIW I donā€™t even go to church, or work a non profit.

I am much happier seeing this money going to actual US citizens however.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

RodnJen

Reaction score
Hey Rod, could you call your buddies at planned parenthood and ask them to give back that $150,000,000.00 in aid that they and their ā€œsubsidiariesā€ are refusing to return?
Thanks.

Nope, they are a registered 501(c)(3). Unfortunately while many churches arenā€™t registered, they still qualify.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Nope, they are a registered 501(c)(3). Unfortunately while many churches arenā€™t registered, they still qualify.

Whereā€™s that ā€œneedā€ stipulation?
They already get like half a billion in funding.
Their war chest is more than that.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

1594691054722.png

Ohhhhhhhhh, you want tax free racism eh Jenny?

Got yore hood all ironed out you closet racist?

RodnJen

Reaction score
Hey Rod, could you call your buddies at planned parenthood and ask them to give back that $150,000,000.00 in aid that they and their ā€œsubsidiariesā€ are refusing to return?
Thanks.

You throw $150,000,000 like itā€˜s a big number, because it is. The Catholic Church got $1.4 billion and counting. Of those who identify as religious in the US Catholics represent 21% of the population. That is a pile of money self described faith-based organizations.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You throw $150,000,000 like itā€˜s a big number, because it is. The Catholic Church got $1.4 billion and counting. Of those who identify as religious in the US Catholics represent 21% of the population. That is a pile of money self described faith-based organizations.

Im not Catholic or any other religion.
You'll never get me to defend the church...any church really.
Are you saying I have to choose?
Like you have...between two hypocrisies?

RodnJen

Reaction score
Im not Catholic or any other religion.
You'll never get me to defend the church...any church really.
Are you saying I have to choose?
Like you have...between two hypocrisies?

Not at all. Iā€™ve made my choices, youā€™re free to make yours.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Right, so what was the conversation before Jen wandered in the room and queefed?