WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Halftime.......???

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
...I haven’t really looked but I haven’t seen anyone say anything about Bruce Springsteen and the Jeep commercial which I thought was really well done???...
Something I observed today. I have essentially not watched much of any Network TV but today the subtle(and not so subtle) messaging that our general public is subjected to makes it super easy to understand why our society if filled with scared to death Karens.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Something I observed today. I have essentially not watched much of any Network TV but today the subtle(and not so subtle) messaging that our general public is subjected to makes it super easy to understand why our society if filled with scared to death Karens.
...Agreed....

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I heard mentioned the neither the NFL nor CBS pay the Halftime performers. The Performers pay to appear. Publicity motivation.
"We do not pay the artists.," said NFL spokesperson Joanna Hunter.

Reactions: DWC

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I actually like the performers music and hear it all the time on Sirius and the radio.. not sure I like his arrogance though

Just not the genre of music I listen to I guess. I really didnt like the sound production more than anything. Not knowing his catalog of songs, it was hard to pick out the lyrics and such. Watching on TV it sounded like ambient microphones rather than properly mixed for broadcast.

My wife, who listens to top 40 stuff thought it was good.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
I agree on the jock strap dudes but the music was good. They should have worn panties in stead of jock straps at least. 😁

You guys should listen to newer music. Try WEQX at the top of Manchester mountain in Vermont 102.7. JUST STREAM IT!!!! Never hear top 40 just newer music. They call them selves "The real alternative". Will not disappoint.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Was it me or what the music overpowering the lyrics in volume? Could barely hear him sing. I like the weekends music

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score

Not a fan of the half time show. But here it is if you missed it.

Chonies over the head? Not a single Shakira or J Lo ass wiggle? Boo!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I actually like the performers music and hear it all the time on Sirius and the radio.. not sure I like his arrogance though

Arrogance is a big part that generations culture now.
----------------------------------------
It's the music you hear when playing video poker at a 'Vegas Bar.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Can you imagine the outcry and response from the media if the roles were reversed with a Caucasian Act wearing the same white face coverings. Oh the madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White face coverings. You mean bandages? Seems to go along with the lyrics. lol.

If you don’t know the music or music videos tied to it, then I guess you wouldn’t get it.

Here’s a little insight:

Last edited:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Was there some sort of arrogant interview? Are you talking about the performance?

Rondog4405

Reaction score
First game I watched all season.. game sucked..Brady did what he does. I thought the halftime show was pretty good. The bandages did look alot like jockstraps though🤣

Meaney77

Reaction score
AD6474EA-3718-4C85-9B51-92264A1FEAE8.jpeg

Baja 252

Reaction score
I really miss the days of a pregame show that was only about the upcoming game, players and teams that only preached football, a rockin halftime consert and commercials that were cleaver and funny. Now it's pregame inspirational message videos, helmets and endzones with woke messages, a music video looking halftime show and company sponsored woke commercials.

traquer

Reaction score
The weeknd... Funny story: I had a roommate about 10 years ago who was super into music and pop culture and he was showing me the first mixtape he put out the day it came out and was basically saying "yup, this guy is the next king of pop no doubt in my mind" At the time I would have never believed him, and now he's the highest paid I think. I don't like his music, but I need to consult with my old bud on my stock picks, he's got Nostradamus talent lol

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

Not a fan of the half time show. But here it is if you missed it.

Chonies over the head? Not a single Shakira or J Lo ass wiggle? Boo!
Yep. Ginormous sausage fest. Rump rangers galore. Buncha tinker bells. Those things were definitely light in the loafers. Pandemic of limp wrist syndrome.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
White face coverings. You mean bandages? Seems to go along with the lyrics. lol.

If you don’t know the music or music videos tied to it, then I guess you wouldn’t get it.

Here’s a little insight:

Sorry, but they do look like jock straps. Maybe its the ball players used jock straps.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I posted this yesterday elsewhere...
I won the bet, BTW.

“I have a bet with a coworker.
My bet is that over 50% of all individual people seen in total commercials (excluding group images) will be black. I wanted to bet that percentage as “non white” as a hedge but he insisted it be black.
He says it’ll be less. But I’ve done my due diligence this week and on almost every channel the commercials feature an overwhelming non white presence.
Being black history month its money in the bank.
We also have a rider that of the total number of commercials featuring ONLY whites, over 50% will be Medicaid, ED medicine ads, and elderly care ads such as hoverrounds and stairlifts...but can not include Joe Namath ads.

We have a few side bets on % of mixed race couples ads as well.”

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
This will explain what you saw. I don’t get it but apparently it was all done big master plan of his.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of when people were boycotting The Marina.... and then you look over, and certain members were launching from said Marina. LOL.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

Here’s a little insight:

Touché
I was reflecting on this since I watched the movie the night before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Just saw on the news this AM. Ratings were down 9% with 92m viewers

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I heard mentioned the neither the NFL nor CBS pay the Halftime performers. The Performers pay to appear. Publicity motivation.
"We do not pay the artists.," said NFL spokesperson Joanna Hunter.

That is correct, been that way for a while. But they usually see on average around a 400% increase in sales and or streaming of there music. That allot $$$. It all about marketing. They basically give the artist a chance to market to 100 million people for 13 minutes.