WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 210 Open Bow vs. Eliminator Sport Skier vs. Howard 220 Magnum/Offshore

aj923

Reaction score
Been looking at new boats a lot lately. Even bounced the idea of having something new built over the next winter. Currently have a closed bow Eliminator Sport Skier 20.5' with a small block and a volvo penta. It works great for our little family but when we want to bring friends it gets really cramped.

Dad has a Howard 220 Magnum with a 565 and it works really well in Havasu and I would consider owning one myself. But I came across a really clean Hallett 210 open bow with a 454 and a bravo 1.

My question is, how do they all compare? I would assume the howard will ride the best as it is the biggest but how about the ride compared to my current eliminator?

Backlash

Reaction score
That Howard is going to ride better than the others due to the hull design and the weight of the boat. You already know how well it will perform after having firsthand knowledge. If it were me and I narrowed it down to those three, I would choose the Howard. The Hallett may be a little bit faster but it's a lighter boat with a different degree bottom. It won't handle the rougher water as well, but will still be a nice boat. Just my .02.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
My 210 rides better than the few 22 Magnum Howard's ive been in.

Backlash

Reaction score
My 210 rides better than the few 22 Magnum Howard's ive been in.

Not knocking the 210 AT ALL. It's a bitchen boat with a great ski racing history that the Howard Magnum doesnt have. My thought was the sharp entry of the Howard along with the heavier weight and slightly deeper angle of deadrise would lead me to believe it might cut through the heavy afternoon chop a little bit better than the 210. That's all just my opinion though. It would be cool to see a side by side comparison of the two in real world conditions. 👍

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
Yes originally it was a 502mag. When that motor died he found a deal on a rebuilt 565 to drop in.

Any pictures of your dads ride?
that sounds like a very cool setup

Thanks!

aj923

Reaction score
Any pictures of your dads ride?
that sounds like a very cool setup

Thanks!

Nothing recent. I will look for some. It is a sweet ride for sure. Has some quirky issues when you try and push it past 70, but from what I have read all the Howard offshores do.

My wife doesn't love how difficult it is to get on and off on a beach.

aj923

Reaction score
How does a Hallett 210 do in rougher water? Seems like some people say it crushes big water and others say the opposite? I understand its still a small boat but its gotta ride better than my sport skier.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
210 will ride better than the eliminator sport in rough water but not as good as the Howard with the deeper V. 210's all came with tabs and that helps as well.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
I have a new to me Hallett 210 and it is great in medium to rougher Havasu water. The 75 gallon belly tank helps with the ride also.

aj923

Reaction score
Howard magnum is the lower profile 22 right? Not the same as the offshore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the magnum is the offshore. They called it different things depending on the year. The lower profile one is the howard sport I believe.

RCDave

Reaction score
I'd expand the search to include the Shockwave 21 Step Skier (21 degree bottom) and Lavey 21 XTSki/XCS.

Both are very nice riding 21' bottom designs