WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 210 refresh

tkrrox

Reaction score
I have a rev 23p on my 240.....kind of want to try the rev 25p and have been looking for used but no dice.....

I have a 25 rev4 I might be selling soon. I have to get my dumb ass up to havasu so I can pick up my boat. I had obnoxious build the motor and it’s at Socal getting installed, and running hydraulic to the helm. With the new set up I think the 25 will be too small. I’m going to bring a few different props but thinking I’ll be into a 27p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I have a 25 rev4 I might be selling soon. I have to get my dumb ass up to havasu so I can pick up my boat. I had obnoxious build the motor and it’s at Socal getting installed, and running hydraulic to the helm. With the new set up I think the 25 will be too small. I’m going to bring a few different props but thinking I’ll be into a 27p

Let me know when you do, I’m interested. Thanks.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
is this the shifter that uses merc cables, and is tit the same bolt pattern? as in direct fit
This is what it looks like underneath.

Attachments

• 20180406_110915.jpg
    20180406_110915.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 552

WavetoWave

Reaction score
Love the 210, this is a great thread of updating a classic, thanks for sharing. Nice dog too.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Just opened this thread and read it from A-Z amazing work serious upgrades. BUT.... for those of us that tuned into this program late and most of the ending pictures are not visible how about uploading a few of the finished model?? :)

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yes that turned out beautiful for sure. Love as said all through this thread the simplicity and classic of the way it turned out.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Some Tab pictures for the 210 TAB thread

Attachments

• 78.jpg
    78.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 560
  • 20180805_203035.jpg
    20180805_203035.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 549
  • 20180908_063011.jpg
    20180908_063011.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 561
  • Dana 900 instal.jpg
    Dana 900 instal.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 534
  • Dana 1000.jpg
    Dana 1000.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 547
  • New tab location.jpg
    New tab location.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 549
  • Position @ 78.jpg
    Position @ 78.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 533
  • Ram Clearance 2.jpg
    Ram Clearance 2.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 527
  • Ram Clearance.jpg
    Ram Clearance.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 542
  • Tabs Before.jpg
    Tabs Before.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 538

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Any before/after performance data on the Bravo shorty (-1, -2, -3?) vs original?
I was able to go up 2 sizes in pitch with more stability above 70. Boat will free up easier with less trim. Boat didn't like the 3 blade Mirage props after switching to the -2. So far the Bravo 1 FS seems to be the best all around prop with the shorter drive. Still looking for a smaller diameter 4 blade to try.

Halvecto

Reaction score
I was able to go up 2 sizes in pitch with more stability above 70. Boat will free up easier with less trim. Boat didn't like the 3 blade Mirage props after switching to the -2. So far the Bravo 1 FS seems to be the best all around prop with the shorter drive. Still looking for a smaller diameter 4 blade to try.
Nice. FWIW, I agree with the tab angle, staying with the original Hallett design. Those tabs look to be a moderate length to accomplish both quick starts and settling of the boat at speed.

Croz

Reaction score
Those look great! Is that considered “raw” color

tkrrox

Reaction score
Does the plate on the outdrive make a difference on a boat with real horsepower? Always thought it was for low horsepower to come on plane quicker

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Does the plate on the outdrive make a difference on a boat with real horsepower? Always thought it was for low horsepower to come on plane quicker

I have run the boat both ways. Last weekend I ran with the small Imco plate the first day than switched to the larger Max Marine plate for the next couple days. Does not make much difference in planning time but does help in running thru the mid day slop. I can run with less tab with the plate.

tkrrox

Reaction score
Is that a bravo one with an imco lower? Stock or shorty?

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Is that a bravo one with an imco lower? Stock or shorty?

Mercury Sportmaster -2 lower case with Max Machine internals. Ran it with the stock length lower before switching to the Sport Master -2.

tkrrox

Reaction score
Mercury Sportmaster -2 lower case with Max Machine internals. Ran it with the stock length lower before switching to the Sport Master -2.

Max innards vs teague innards???
Is it a ford vs Chevy deal?
I have a bravo and it’s held up so far but thinking I need to do something. I had heard Teague innards make it as strong/stronger than an xr drive. I’m thinking I need to pull the trigger on one or the other during off season. I was toying with the lowers, but I pull the kids quite a bit and think having it higher would blow out much more for water sports.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I had upgraded the internals in my stock lower with the imco prop shaft and carrier and was supposed to be at least as strong as the XR. I went with Max Marine because that is what they specialize in. I use the boat mainly for skiing and pulling kids on what ever they want to try to ride. I have not had any issues with blowing the prop out as long as I am running a 4 blade. That being said unless the boat has handling or ride issues I would stay with the standard lower.

tkrrox

Reaction score
I had upgraded the internals in my stock lower with the imco prop shaft and carrier and was supposed to be at least as strong as the XR. I went with Max Marine because that is what they specialize in. I use the boat mainly for skiing and pulling kids on what ever they want to try to ride. I have not had any issues with blowing the prop out as long as I am running a 4 blade. That being said unless the boat has handling or ride issues I would stay with the standard lower.

You gain more top end with a shorty do you not? Your boat came out bitchin. I wish I had the motivation (and coin) to take on a project like this.

SamMaxco

Reaction score
Wind screens re polished and darkened. Before and after shots.
Do you mind telling how that was done? Did u do yourself or have done and if so by who. I have the lighter one, it’s fine but would like to go darker. Was told they are not easily tinted as they are plastic. Idk? Thanks in advance.

SamMaxco

Reaction score
Do you mind telling how that was done? Did u do yourself or have done and if so by who. I have the lighter one, it’s fine but would like to go darker. Was told they are not easily tinted as they are plastic. Idk? Thanks in advance.
Never mind. I read the whole thread. Great post. Thanks

wash11

Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this thread before, that thing turned out bitchin!

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Never mind. I read the whole thread. Great post. Thanks
Thanks, the wrap on the inside of the windsheilds has held up well , close to 5 years now and no issues of bubbling or peeling. Prep is the key.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this thread before, that thing turned out bitchin!
Thanks, lot of satisfaction bringing these 30 year old boats back. Now if I can just get motivated to finish my OG Manx project.

SamMaxco

Reaction score
Thanks, the wrap on the inside of the windsheilds has held up well , close to 5 years now and no issues of bubbling or peeling. Prep is the key.
Was it a standard vinyl like what they wrap cars in? And did you wrap the inside or outside. And you said you went with flat black? After u polished the plastic. 👍🏼👍🏼

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Was it a standard vinyl like what they wrap cars in? And did you wrap the inside or outside. And you said you went with flat black? After u polished the plastic. 👍🏼👍🏼
Black Vinyl Wrap, in a Matte finish applied to the inside of the wind screens after they were polished. They need to be removed to do it right. I also replaced the screws with machined aluminum allen head bolts and finish washers.

20150606_101246_resized_2.jpg
20160113_122224_resized.jpg

SamMaxco

Reaction score
Black Vinyl Wrap, in a Matte finish applied to the inside of the wind screens after they were polished. They need to be removed to do it right. I also replaced the screws with machined aluminum allen head bolts and finish washers.

View attachment 978841 View attachment 978842
Thank you for taking the time to answer looks really cool. I’m gonna get that done on mine this month. I really like the black wind screens over the tinted. It’s sets off the lines better IMO. Thanks again

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Brian make that swap for you? When did you get that done? Looks killer! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, been mostly complete for a couple years now. Was a combined effort, Mike over at Prime Marine was responsible for most of the fab and rigging work under the hatch and Brian did the engine package and tuning. How’s is the Vector coming along?

Hammer

Reaction score
Thanks, been mostly complete for a couple years now. Was a combined effort, Mike over at Prime Marine was responsible for most of the fab and rigging work under the hatch and Brian did the engine package and tuning. How’s is the Vector coming along?

It’s going. It’s at Brian’s shop now. Hoping to have tailpipes done this week and Brian will button it up this month. Fingers crossed. It’s been a long drawn out ugly refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk