WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 255 (customer build) Merc 565

Nordic Boats

Reaction score
Another 255 being sprayed for a customer, he will be going with the 520 for power.

upload_2019-7-16_9-57-7.png
ZRaF8h8BT+2qU17BUVEykA.jpg
K5%uoO44S0ujlWQdBJsR+g.jpg

Andy B.

Reaction score
That should run pretty good with that 565 even without it being a step hull i'm thinking 80 at least?

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Curious about trim tab purpose. They look fixed & non adjustable? Are they there to help steady chine or bow lift?

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
They look like Bennett adjustable tabs. Had them on my 240. They will help you roll over sooner on take off and hold wake board speed. They can also provide some stability at higher speeds if needed.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Beautiful boat. I think it's so cool how close this matches the owners previous boat AND how the crew at Hallett was able to pull that off with the gel and interior scheme. Just beautiful! Also, that engine package, wow, perfect set up.

It would be super sick if somebody engineered a little mechanical drop to that swim step for use while you're in the water. Never understood why swimsteps ever get engineered to be so high off the water. And don't tell me it can't be lower because of the drive, it can be a lot closer than it is on this Hallett. Some don't need them lower I guess and maybe this also comes from my disdain for those ladders (due to my "weight class").

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Beautiful boat. I think it's so cool how close this matches the owners previous boat AND how the crew at Hallett was able to pull that off with the gel and interior scheme. Just beautiful! Also, that engine package, wow, perfect set up.

It would be super sick if somebody engineered a little mechanical drop to that swim step for use while you're in the water. Never understood why swimsteps ever get engineered to be so high off the water. And don't tell me it can't be lower because of the drive, it can be a lot closer than it is on this Hallett. Some don't need them lower I guess and maybe this also comes from my disdain for those ladders (due to my "weight class").

Agree with you. On the 33 or 40 they can be put below the rub rail which puts it almost on the water. The 255 though the way the transom has that small indent, I don't think they can mount it that way. As well as it wouldn't look right.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
They look like Bennett adjustable tabs. Had them on my 240. They will help you roll over sooner on take off and hold wake board speed. They can also provide some stability at higher speeds if needed.
Tabs are Lencos. They are electric. No need for hydraulic pumps.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK. Thanks guys. Those Tabs looked fixed & not seeing any hyd lines thru me off. Are the electric tabs any good? How do they compare price/performance to my Merc 280 K Planes which were a small fortune?

BajaMike

Reaction score

Agree with you on the swim step......it still is a problem on most boats. When I boat, I ALWAYS go in the water, and so do my guests. Almost all of the swim steps are too high and the ladders are shitty. On the twin engine outboards, I don’t know how it works, but its not great.

Someone should develop a side mounted hydraulic ladder that would make it easy for captain and crew to get in and out of the water (and not have to climb thru or over the drives and motors).

hallett21

Reaction score
OK. Thanks guys. Those Tabs looked fixed & not seeing any hyd lines thru me off. Are the electric tabs any good? How do they compare price/performance to my Merc 280 K Planes which were a small fortune?

@Nordic Boats could explain better than myself.

I converted my Bennett’s to the Lenco cylinder. They don’t pull very much current. They cost roughly the same as a Bennett. Plus there’s no pump or hoses to the deal with.

They react way faster than a standard hydraulic tab which takes a little getting used to. Overall I’m very happy with the change.

Lenco has a “performance” line that’s similar to a 280 K plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk