WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 255 Open Bow Walk Through new build

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
What happen with your visit to Hallett yesterday? What did you decide on power? Details man, details 🤪

HCP3

Reaction score
I thought this was a new build from the mold thread? Am I missing where the new build is?

Electric Mike

Reaction score
I'm looking at both options. New build or very clean used. Scroll back to the beginning of the thread and you'll see a lot of new build talk.

Last edited:

MeCasa16

Reaction score
What's

What's your opinion on vessel view , GPS and gauges?
I disagree with many of the other. Dump the gauges all together and get the largest vessel view the boat will take. 703 or 903.
People who say you can’t see them in the sun are completely wrong and have obviously never used one. It looks so much cleaner, and makes your boat a lot more modern.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I disagree with many of the other. Dump the gauges all together and get the largest vessel view the boat will take. 703 or 903.
People who say you can’t see them in the sun are completely wrong and have obviously never used one. It looks so much cleaner, and makes your boat a lot more modern.
Agree to a large degree👍
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though. Some folks like the classic look of gauges.

The vessel view gives way more info than standard gauges will which is invaluable.
On the 255, unless they change the tooling of the mold or heavily modify the dash, 255 buyers will have to live with a smaller screen.
48FE4447-B437-4561-BB5D-16AF6EDB8C82.jpeg

Lots of variables to consider.
Should it fail...
Simple gauges, I could replace one easily. A VV screen? Maybe🤷‍♂️
A gauge(s) replacement will cost a fraction of a new VV unit.