WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 260 AC Limited

Bucketlist

Reaction score
Was't really obvious on where to post this so i picked the forum with the most viewers.

I am looking at a 2006 Hallett 260 AC Limited with 496 HO and Bravo III. I have not seen the boat in person nor have I driven one. I am seeking opinions on this boat.

Curious about how the boat drives, turns, gets on plane, rides at all speeds etc. It is advertised as a modified V bottom, looks to be ventilated, and has outboard sponsons at the rear of the boat. Kinda like a V bottom and tunnel boat had a baby.

I don't think Hallett made many of these, which causes some concern. Appreciate any feedback and opinions on this boat.

BTW i currently have a 1998 Hallett 240 open bow, and i really like the ride, functionality, size, etc. about this boat. I am just considering maybe getting something newer.

Thanks,

Bruce

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are pretty rare boats. I don't think they didn't make a lot of them because they were bad, but mostly because right about the time the model came out the recession hit. There really isn't a lot of information on them out there that I could ever find. I've seen one running in Parker a few times, but how much can you really get out of just watching one pass by.

I will say they are freakin weird looking on the trailer.. LOL

Personally I'm a huge fan of the 240, and I'd have a real hard time giving that up, for something I wasn't 100% sure on. As they say though, if you can get a ride in it first, that would ultimately make or break the decision for a buyer.

RD

RVRKID

Reaction score
I will have to try and find out but a guy at the Islander had a Hallett V that he never did like the way it rode and he had got a smokin deal from Hallett on. Just can't remember if it was the 26.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
The 26AC in Parker belongs to a buddy of mine. They are very ugly on the trailer but I think look good in the water. They have a ton of room inside and are very wide. I remember it riding pretty nice. They are not real fast and my buddy has a built 540 in it. Hope this helps.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I will have to try and find out but a guy at the Islander had a Hallett V that he never did like the way it rode and he had got a smokin deal from Hallett on. Just can't remember if it was the 26.

Ok his wasn't the 26.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Is this it?
[video=youtube;5Px9j4ldgUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Px9j4ldgUc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct, the AC, stands for Art Carlson and this was one of Art's last tooling projects. He started developing this design in the early 1980s. It was similar to a design made in the UK at the time which had set several water speed records in Europe. The first "flying wedge" as Art called it was a 33-footer which was intended for either single or twin power. Excellent rough water boat and very stable (I pulled Chuck Stearns from Long Beach to Catalina and back for a practice ski run in the mid to late 1980s -- as I recall the boat had twin 7.4L stock Mercs -- nice ride, easy trip). Some years later, Art made a deal with Starcraft to introduce a 24-foot version (only a very limited number were produced). A few years after that, Art and Hallett collaborated on this 26 footer. Boat gets on plane with virtually no bow rise, turns great, excellent straight line stability -- it does take some horsepower to make it run however (tends to run flat at cruising speeds 30 to 55 mph). I tested one for Hallett at Lake Elsinore about 12 years ago with some big Paul Pfaff engine (supercharged) power -- the boat was getting ready to go to the Powerboat Magazine 100 mph shoot-out at Parker. It did run just a little over 100 mph at Elsinore and at the shoot-out and felt good doing it. Hope this helps.

Bucketlist

Reaction score
Thanks to all who have posted about this odd boat. Nice narrative by RiverDave and twocents! Everything that has been posted seems to make sense. I am actually going to look at it this sunday. However, My gut feeling is I am going to keep my 240 right now and pass on this boat. I will post back with more info on this Do Do Bird after i see it.

Thanks.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Thanks to all who have posted about this odd boat. Nice narrative by RiverDave and twocents! Everything that has been posted seems to make sense. I am actually going to look at it this sunday. However, My gut feeling is I am going to keep my 240 right now and pass on this boat. I will post back with more info on this Do Do Bird after i see it.

Thanks.

Post some pictures please.

Bruce pederson

Reaction score
Was't really obvious on where to post this so i picked the forum with the most viewers.

I am looking at a 2006 Hallett 260 AC Limited with 496 HO and Bravo III. I have not seen the boat in person nor have I driven one. I am seeking opinions on this boat.

Curious about how the boat drives, turns, gets on plane, rides at all speeds etc. It is advertised as a modified V bottom, looks to be ventilated, and has outboard sponsons at the rear of the boat. Kinda like a V bottom and tunnel boat had a baby.

I don't think Hallett made many of these, which causes some concern. Appreciate any feedback and opinions on this boat.

BTW i currently have a 1998 Hallett 240 open bow, and i really like the ride, functionality, size, etc. about this boat. I am just considering maybe getting something newer.

Thanks,

Bruce
Hi Bruce
Is your Hallett 240 for sale
Bruce 949-910-4131