WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 270 Windshield Replacement?

Lumpy

Reaction score
3K for plexi glass? Anyone find an alternative?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Wayne Earl Manufacturing is who i believe made them for Hallett, they have patterns for them.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses gents...I`m going to do some digging.

Boogie651

Reaction score
Was there any update on this? mine has a bunch of stress cracks inside and looking to replace on my Hallett 210. Just got off the phone with Jay from OC Glass, but wanted to explore a few different places. Wayne Earl says it’s permanently closed and will try Barron Boats on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rush1

Reaction score
I've had Jay make 2 windshields for two different boats and they came out resonable and great quality.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Wayne Earl Co. in Placencia 714-577-0632
or
Finneys Plastics in Havasu 928-680-6646

Boogie651

Reaction score
Wayne Earl Co. in Placencia 714-577-0632
or
Finneys Plastics in Havasu 928-680-6646

I tried that number for Wayne Earl that you sent, but it says it has been disconnected.

I will give Finneys a shot on Monday.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
I tried that number for Wayne Earl that you sent, but it says it has been disconnected.

I will give Finneys a shot on Monday.

It has been a while since I have used Wayne Earl, but have used Finney's recently, they should be able to help you.

hallett3

Reaction score
If they are not broken we painted ours back in the day. The windshield had faded plus it look like we had fine stress cracks in all over the glass but not the outside layer. We had a paint shop do this and was 300 bucks. It came out bad ass. You couldn’t even tell they were painted. Looked like a dark tint.
1615745643373.jpeg

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
If they are not broken we painted ours back in the day. The windshield had faded plus it look like we had fine stress cracks in all over the glass but not the outside layer. We had a paint shop do this and was 300 bucks. It came out bad ass. You couldn’t even tell they were painted. Looked like a dark tint. View attachment 981876

That works great on a 240 walkthrough, but on a normal 240, 255, or 270 you actually look through the windshield a bit in the normal seating position. You pretty much need it to be transparent unless you raise the seats

Boogie651

Reaction score
If they are not broken we painted ours back in the day. The windshield had faded plus it look like we had fine stress cracks in all over the glass but not the outside layer. We had a paint shop do this and was 300 bucks. It came out bad ass. You couldn’t even tell they were painted. Looked like a dark tint. View attachment 981876

Unfortunately mine did crack. Mine has all kind of stress cracks and I’ve been wanting to replace mine, but now I have to. I guess I didn’t except the cost of a plexiglass window to cost so much lol. Now to just decide between color “2370” or go black like everyone else seems to be doing. I like them both.

Lumpy

Reaction score
I ended up acquiring the two front halves from DalesSpeed here on the board. Thank Dale!!!!!
He had an extra pair so I bought them...used but in pretty good shape.
I plan on having an entire set made this winter since summer is almost here.
Only thing I'm having a difficult time with is finding the proper sized shoulder/ top hat rubber grommets for the
screw holes.
I'm pretty sure the glass varies year to year...my 270 is a 95 and I think Dales was a 98 so the glass was
slightly thicker which required a little shaving in order for the ends to fit in the short glass slots and there was
one screw hole out of alignment on one side....probably so no one could duplicate for multiple years. Anyhow, I made
is all work and ya can't tell the difference unless I told you...just have to kind those damn grommets and I'm good.

guest hs

Reaction score
Wayne Earl built those windows. I think someone bought them out and are under a different name. They use to be located in Placentia

AJ13

Reaction score
Jay at OC Boat windshields bought out Wayne Earl when they closed up shop. Jay built the windshield for our Nordic Heat.