WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 290 Gelcoat

rchelm19

Reaction score
Here are some gelcoat options for a new Hallett 290. What are your thoughts? Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 6.52.03 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 6.55.58 PM.jpg

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Timeless is a good word. It's very conservative yet elegant. No risk as to going out of style. :thumbup:

rchelm19

Reaction score
Timeless is a good word. It's very conservative yet elegant. No risk as to going out of style. :thumbup:
Top or bottom colors? They are slightly different, look closely

Briley

Reaction score
I like the top one with the red over the grey, makes the top and bottom match.

fmo24

Reaction score
No on the blue. I love Halletts Reds and yellows. I like the top sketch best

Gelcoater

Reaction score
You know,you're not limited to those pre existing graphic patterns,right?
;)

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Looks like every other Hallett out there. But looks good. Can't really tell if it's a 99 or a 2015.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Looks like every other Hallett out there. But looks good. Can't really tell if it's a 99 or a 2015.

Only my opinion but if it were mine I'd go with something different in design. That type of design is offered by every west coast boat builder and you see it everywhere. It also make me think of the whole tribal tattoo thing. :yikes:D

Quite a few years ago a guy had a new Cigarette Gladiator done and I really liked the design. Very timeless and nautical. I figured if I was to ever order a new boat I'd go with something like that.

Attachments

• may 28 1.jpg
    may 28 1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 23

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yes of course, just trying to picture the boat with red and those 2 shades of gray.

Understood.

I guess the question I should ask is,when you close your eyes and envision "your boat" is that the graphic you see?
Don't be afraid to break out some colored pencils or even some crayons and sketch some stuff up.
It's a custom boat,built to customer spec,it should represent you and your taste.

I'm willing to work with you as much or as little as you like to make your boat "your boat" and I know Jerry is also.
If that means you spend some time in the booth with me while I lay out various options on shape etc that's fine also.You would be far from the first for such a request.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Remember less is sometimes more , don't go hog wild on colors because
You can , stay classy and you won't regret colors in 6 months

tkrrox

Reaction score
I would flip the top and mirror it on the bottom. I am burnt out on the hockey sticks

rchelm19

Reaction score
Understood.

I guess the question I should ask is,when you close your eyes and envision "your boat" is that the graphic you see?
Don't be afraid to break out some colored pencils or even some crayons and sketch some stuff up.
It's a custom boat,built to customer spec,it should represent you and your taste.

I'm willing to work with you as much or as little as you like to make your boat "your boat" and I know Jerry is also.
If that means you spend some time in the booth with me while I lay out various options on shape etc that's fine also.You would be far from the first for such a request.

Im not sure when we are coming into the shop, but i know it will be soon. If you are their, we can look at some other designs but red, gray, and silver are the colors we are going with. I like the design but at someone said, it is a very common design. I will try to sketch some things out, hopefully you can help me. You do all the gelcoat for hallett right?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Im not sure when we are coming into the shop, but i know it will be soon. If you are their, we can look at some other designs but red, gray, and silver are the colors we are going with. I like the design but at someone said, it is a very common design. I will try to sketch some things out, hopefully you can help me. You do all the gelcoat for hallett right?
Been doing their stuff since 08
Let me know when,and/or let Jerry know when you're coming in so he can let me know.
Always happy to help create an original.:thumbup:

rchelm19

Reaction score
Been doing their stuff since 08
Let me know when,and/or let Jerry know when you're coming in so he can let me know.
Always happy to help create an original.:thumbup:

Glad we'll be doing business together! Jerry and I have been back and forth so hopefully we can commit to a date in the near future.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Glad we'll be doing business together! Jerry and I have been back and forth so hopefully we can commit to a date in the near future.

:thumbup: Sounds good.

Oh,and just to be clear,I don't do dragons,flying saucers,rainbows or any crap like that:D

Chopperman

Reaction score
I'd say get rid of the hockey sticks and just do 2 swooshes!!