WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 400 Open Bow Conversion (and make over) by DCB!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Blown away with the wood work for the seats. Would have imagined that the contours angles and steps would have just been in the foam, but no, they literally did the wood work as though they were molding the nose of the boat. There is a reason they are DCB #DavesClassyBoats

C-2

Reaction score
Damn, that's awesome.

LAZARUS

Essential Inmate Down
Reaction score
Not sure why someone would take a big offshore boat and put an open bow in it? Wait until that thing sucks up a bunch of salt water. But the work was nice.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Love this project. She's beautiful before and after. One question: why didn't they refresh the cockpit teak while everything was out of the boat? With the extent of this work, seems like nothing to do a quick sand and refinish.

HCP3

Reaction score
Boat came out amazing. Those air ride seats are really cool, we had them in the 335 we owned for a bit and couldn't believe how nice they were when driving at speed.

Is that what those are? I thought they were drop-down bolster seats.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Great pics from Jeff and content from RD.
The boat is big and built like a brick s**t house... The crew here (both carpentry and our awesome interior department with Eric and Andrew) crushed it as always. We can take on just about anything and let us know if anyone on the boards wants to do any kind of upgrades here at DCB Performance Boats.

Stay safe everyone and we will be boating very soon.

-Tony

JM21

Reaction score
I would love to know the difference in weight before vs after. Hopefully they weighed it before. Losing the genny and Ac has got to be 1000 lbs right there. Bet there boat just picked up some speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Before = heavy
After = heavier, maybe by two hundy

RD said he was gonna make a hang glider wing outta the cut piece of fordeck

farmo83

Reaction score
Props to Tony and crew. Work looks about a 12 out of 10.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Agreed.... to take a 40' closed bow speed boat and open up that bow is fantastic. I have a 30' open bow running off shore and to imagine an additional 10' is crazy. I call my bow section the VIP Lounge, everyone wants to ride up there even though its roughest spot. I kinda doubt anyone ever sleeps in these close bowed speed boats ... certainly not in salt where we always have a swell. It'd tight as hell and if you're a grown man owning one of these you are in a nice hotel. I know I am.

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
From the original condition that space was pretty much wasted.

Now it has real value and has added considerably to the fun factor. Everybody likes being in front on a bowrider.

This turned out magnificent.

So much truth in this. This is why I did the same to my 270T. Super functional and everyone loves riding up front. My family absolutely loves it.

I've had a few people tell me I was stupid for cutting open the bow.........we no longer associate with them. :p

Tank

Reaction score
Running in the ocean my whole life, I never understood the open bow set up. It's so rough up at the bow, you get thrown around and wind blown in your face. But as time went on and I actually got to spend some time on a few open bows I learned to really dig them. Not so much for ocean running but totally for lake running. I really really like a good mid cabin walk through like this. Stunning workmanship. I don't think this big bad boy is going to bounce around too much in most lake conditions. My kids rid up in the bow of the cigarette all the time lake and/or ocean (depending on conditions). This Hallet looks awesome and totally functional. I'm sure the owner is gonna have a blast with their new addition. 👍

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
I feel that cutting the bow of a closed bow V-bottom or Cat is blasphemous. I cringe when I see photos posted in "New builds from the mold" of manufacturers, like Chris Camire (as an example), cutting perfectly smooth glass with a sawsall on a beautiful 2750....aaararrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghh......I feel that if I want an open bow boat then I'll buy a bloody deckboat, for feck sakes.

However, it is fun AF to ride in the open bow.

Carry on

ramos45

Reaction score
The finished product looks amazing. I've considered doing this to my Scarab III. Hmmm....looks like lot of work for a novice but definitely doable.

Groper

Reaction score
Yachts have Bunny Pads.
Is that a Bunny Pen? 🤔
Yes I'd have to assume so, did you notice that the front sliding door is operated by using "Three fingers" two in the pink and one in the stink 😜 interesting 🤫
IMG_1927.jpg

Bitchin Boat 👍

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Great craftsmanship! The open bow really opens up the boat. I'm sure if it were important to the owner the cabin could be fitted for a bed, no problem. Oh, the floor could really use a couple of passes of sanding and fresh teak oil.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
Bad ass! Very cool kept the original look. Ultimate windy storm day Mead wave crusher.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Running in the ocean my whole life, I never understood the open bow set up. It's so rough up at the bow, you get thrown around and wind blown in your face. But as time went on and I actually got to spend some time on a few open bows I learned to really dig them. Not so much for ocean running but totally for lake running. I really really like a good mid cabin walk through like this. Stunning workmanship. I don't think this big bad boy is going to bounce around too much in most lake conditions. My kids rid up in the bow of the cigarette all the time lake and/or ocean (depending on conditions). This Hallet looks awesome and totally functional. I'm sure the owner is gonna have a blast with their new addition. 👍
Thattaboy!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
So cool. Somebody has a perfect boat.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Amazing work on an amazing float. Dream boat right there😍

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I wonder if I can install the dark plexiglass windshield on my boat like the 290 and 400 that both had that option.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Bet you could get that 400 for $150K while you wait.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wait I thought you said the 340 was too big. The 400’s are so cool.

I loved my 340.. I just had 2 boats and needed to sell one, the 340 sold first. I'm about a coin toss away from driving up to Vegas and buying it back right now.. The guy kinda thrashed it though so it'd need some love to bring it back to life.

RD

pixrthis

Reaction score
I hate to see hard decks butchered like that and yes I know DCB doesn’t butcher anything, if anyone will do it right they will.