WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett Trim Pump 12v Wiring

shunter2005

Reaction score
The trim/tilt switches in my Hallett will only work when the Perko switch is turned on. I would like to run my tilt direct to the battery, so it will work without having to open the engine hatch and turn on the switch first. I am going to call Hallett and try to talk to Jim to find out how they wire the trim pump, but thought I would ask here first. I have tried to run it down and it looks like the red wire from the pump goes to the up/down solenoids, but when the 12v power wire leaves the solenoid, it goes into a loom and I can never find it coming out of the loom, so I can't figure out where they tie in to get power with the Perko on. I thought at first they would just run the 12v wire to the Perko common post, but it does not appear to be wired that way.

Thought some of the Hallett owners may have come across this with their boat. Anyone here have or had the trim/tilt set up this way and changed it so the trim pump is hot all the time?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It's probably wired to the stud on the starter. A lot of boats are wired directly to a battery. It will work fine that way. It sends power to the switch from the bus bar that connects the solenoids so the switch will have power also.

shunter2005

Reaction score
It's probably wired to the stud on the starter. A lot of boats are wired directly to a battery. It will work fine that way. It sends power to the switch from the bus bar that connects the solenoids so the switch will have power also.

OD 1 - Good call. Talked to Jim at Hallett today and he said exactly what you did. Thanks. Heading up tomorrow to do some things, so that is another project.