WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett...what's it worth?

2Driver

Reaction score
Well I guess I gave away my Ultra then.

It was an easy cash sale and went to a friend on the day we left the river, so be it

Xring01

Reaction score
Thats a bit vague..

Share the details, so we can establish a value..
Year/Make/Model/Power/Hours/Condition/Price

Isnt that what this thread is all about?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I'd rather pay 25-30k for a 25 year old Hallett than 45-50k for a 5 year old Tahiti. I own an old Hallett so I'm a bit biased.

Exactly, Warranty is meaningless on a 210 in this kind of shape, Hallett had a great reputation and didn't cut corners, there isn't anything to warranty that wouldn't have been handled 25 years ago. Try to build a new one of these with the trailer you are looking at probably 70-80k...

Age doesn't mean squat objectively when it comes to boats like these, it's all about the condition of the boat. I've seen 35 year old boats that are in excellent shape, as good as brand new, and 3.5 year old boats that are beat to shit.... The 210 is a great boat with a proven reputation, and are always in demand. If you built a brand new one today it would be damn near functionally identical to this 25 year old one...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Exactly, Warranty is meaningless on a 210 in this kind of shape, Hallett had a great reputation and didn't cut corners, there isn't anything to warranty that wouldn't have been handled 25 years ago. Try to build a new one of these with the trailer you are looking at probably 70-80k...

Age doesn't mean squat objectively when it comes to boats like these, it's all about the condition of the boat. I've seen 35 year old boats that are in excellent shape, as good as brand new, and 3.5 year old boats that are beat to shit.... The 210 is a great boat with a proven reputation, and are always in demand. If you built a brand new one today it would be damn near functionally identical to this 25 year old one...

Someone needs to build a new one with a 400. Would love to see the updated Nordic/Hallett interior and finishings.

All white half cap with a polished rail with a Black windscreen and Black Merc on the back...Interior would need some splashes of silver,grey and black but mostly white with gray carpet...lol:D

oldschool

Reaction score
Someone needs to build a new one with a 400. Would love to see the updated Nordic/Hallett interior and finishings.

All white half cap with a polished rail with a Black windscreen and Black Merc on the back...Interior would need some splashes of silver,grey and black but mostly white with gray carpet...lol:D
Sounds like someone has their next boat planned out.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sounds like someone has their next boat planned out.

I wish....

I don't ever see myself going down the financed expensive rabbit hole again. The older I get the less I want payments and the more I'm ok with old junk that still works...lol

But yeah If I ever come across a spare 10 million I'm heading in and building one:D

oldschool

Reaction score
Not sure I'd put your 210 in the junk category, it's one of the cleaner ones I've seen.

guest hs

Reaction score
At out dealership we only sell high end products like Advantage, Regal and South Bay boats along with PJ trailers. Customers come in and always ask why our prices are higher then others in town. We have quote in the store that we use. "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price has faded from memory" This holds true to some sub superior brands mentioned on this thread. Hallett has proven this time and time again and that's why they have a following and bring all the money years down the road. Tell me what a Cheetah the same size, power and year as this Hallett would sell for.

JohnnyV

Reaction score
At out dealership we only sell high end products like Advantage, Regal and South Bay boats along with PJ trailers. Customers come in and always ask why our prices are higher then others in town. We have quote in the store that we use. "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price has faded from memory" This holds true to some sub superior brands mentioned on this thread. Hallett has proven this time and time again and that's why they have a following and bring all the money years down the road. Tell me what a Cheetah the same size, power and year as this Hallett would sell for.
So I bought the Hallett in this thread. I enjoy reading all your posts and quite frankly smiled at a few. Fact is I’ve wanted a Hallett for quite some time. Their reputation for quality goes without saying. This is an extremely, low hour, immaculate boat with a somewhat rare 502 (for a 210). It’s a timeless piece that will continue to look good, even 10 years from now. I’ve taken her out on Lake Havasu a few times but now waiting for warmer weather. I keep it at the lake so I can enjoy it many times over. I take pride in everything I own and this boat will always look as good as new. The season is right around the corner and this boat will be out there amongst friends. Cheers !

PaPaG

Reaction score
That is a sweet looking boat, looks very clean and the 210's are great boats. I myself prefer the Vectors but I would have no issue in buying a clean 210..

Xring01

Reaction score
So I bought the Hallett in this thread. I enjoy reading all your posts and quite frankly smiled at a few. Fact is I’ve wanted a Hallett for quite some time. Their reputation for quality goes without saying. This is an extremely, low hour, immaculate boat with a somewhat rare 502 (for a 210). It’s a timeless piece that will continue to look good, even 10 years from now. I’ve taken her out on Lake Havasu a few times but now waiting for warmer weather. I keep it at the lake so I can enjoy it many times over. I take pride in everything I own and this boat will always look as good as new. The season is right around the corner and this boat will be out there amongst friends. Cheers !

Hopefully my comments on this thread was ammo for you to get a better price.

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
If the Hallett's floors and gas tank was replaced, I'd pay mid 20's for it. Much less if those repairs were not made. Known issue with Hallett's of that era....

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Congratulations Johnny and welcome to RDP. Your inmate # 22638.

farmo83

Reaction score
Great boat my uncle has a 96 with that same motor and a bow rider. Fun times all around for sure.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Just curious if ya found the boat from this thread or somewhere else?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Let’s just say that Rick and Paul at Maxed Out took good care of me and the previous owner of the boat. A win-win for all

That boat was super clean. Im glad you’re enjoying it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyV

Reaction score
Just curious if ya found the boat from this thread or somewhere else?
So I was searching Hallett boats for sale and found it on powerboatlistings.com
Paul and the crew at MM took care of the rest.

JohnnyV

Reaction score
That boat was super clean. Im glad you’re enjoying it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Paul, I'll be out at the boat show in April to check out the hardware. Looking forward to the warmer weather.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I was searching Hallett boats for sale and found it on powerboatlistings.com
Paul and the crew at MM took care of the rest.

That website ranks pretty high with google. I have never understood why someone would take all the trouble to set it up, continue to pay for it each month and never maintain it? (get rid of old inventory etc.).

RD

JohnnyV

Reaction score
That website ranks pretty high with google. I have never understood why someone would take all the trouble to set it up, continue to pay for it each month and never maintain it? (get rid of old inventory etc.).

RD
Yea doesn’t change much. Still some nice boats on there.

JohnnyV

Reaction score
Yea doesn’t change much. Still some nice boats on there.
Worked out good for me so I’m happy. A nice 270 on there at a couple of diff price points. Falls into the “maintain the site” category.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I like that they keep everything up. Makes it easy to do research on hulls, historical pricing etc... Just wish you could sort the inventory a bit better.

JohnnyV

Reaction score
Was out on the lake last weekend.. Sunday an awesome afternoon. Motored up through Topock. Boat ran great ! Be out there next weekend again. Enjoying a "bit" warmer weather ; )

SamMaxco

Reaction score
Here is my Crystal Ball,

No Bull Market last forever... We have been in one of the longest bull markets ever recorded. Eventually it will turn Bearish..

When that happens, money gets tight, babies need food, mortgages need to be paid. The first things that get sold are the Toys... then the Toys, saturate the market.. the price collapses..

Who all remembers 2007, 2008, and $50,000 4 year old Toy Haulers selling for $10,000... Or $75K offshore fishing boats selling for $35k...

And you buy a $40,000 custom built Exile Chopper 124 S&S motor for $10,000... Ask me how I know.. Because I bought one in 2007 after the housing collapse.. Hell the motor and tranny in that bike where worth more than $10k... Had alot fun on that bike for about year...

Sold it for what I paid for it... It was a bucket list item

Same thing will happen to boats..
Which is why I would never invest in a classic boat, being interpreted as a 1993...

But what do I know... Maybe I am just an ignorant tight ass, who prefers frugality over wasting $$$.
You were obviously very wrong this time. So
I’ll have to agree with you 😂😂

SamMaxco

Reaction score
If you invested $30k in Tsla, Amzn, Zm or many others, 5 years ago... how many hallets could you buy today....
Yeah no doubt! 👍🏼
imagine that 30k in bit coin,it’s insane. One
could definitely buy a bunch of 140k boats. And then might lose it all soon,as well, who knows, it’s Las Vegas and house money at this point.
However, that’s not what you guys were talking about. That’s why I was kidding with you, 😁
I agree it’s nuts and the prices cannot/ will not continue as they are forever, especially on all The shit hole junkers out there. But had someone really been wanting to focus, the spot market has been huge for a long time and shows no signs of slowing yet. Especially for a clean 210 with 100 hours and a 502, 93- 98 -or a 2006, Those things will hold their value. Especially one that has been stored inside and babied as that one appears to have been. That was a good buy then, and now. Based on the perceived market and demand. (That’s what the subject was.)
it’s all speculative at this point, but I agree a pristine Hallett in these circles, will always maintain a certain upper end value much like a Rolex in Orange County or Cris Craft in Tahoe.
it’s not like selling Gucci bags in a poor small podunk town outside an Indian reservation in South Dakota 😂

one mans opinion

Cheers buddy

wzuber

Reaction score
Interesting thread. In review, what's the perceived value of that boat in today's current market? Up$, 1,2,?3k?
down $? What say y'alls?

Xring01

Reaction score
Yeah no doubt! 👍🏼
imagine that 30k in bit coin,it’s insane. One
could definitely buy a bunch of 140k boats. And then might lose it all soon,as well, who knows, it’s Las Vegas and house money at this point.
However, that’s not what you guys were talking about. That’s why I was kidding with you, 😁
I agree it’s nuts and the prices cannot/ will not continue as they are forever, especially on all The shit hole junkers out there. But had someone really been wanting to focus, the spot market has been huge for a long time and shows no signs of slowing yet. Especially for a clean 210 with 100 hours and a 502, 93- 98 -or a 2006, Those things will hold their value. Especially one that has been stored inside and babied as that one appears to have been. That was a good buy then, and now. Based on the perceived market and demand. (That’s what the subject was.)
it’s all speculative at this point, but I agree a pristine Hallett in these circles, will always maintain a certain upper end value much like a Rolex in Orange County or Cris Craft in Tahoe.
it’s not like selling Gucci bags in a poor small podunk town outside an Indian reservation in South Dakota 😂

one mans opinion

Cheers buddy

Price of trucks... shit that a tough one to swallow.

JohnnyV

Reaction score
The 93 210 doesn’t disappoint. Going out again this weekend and the weekend after MDW. At this point made money on the deal. Runs great looks immaculate. Doesn’t really matter what it worth in dollars. Just enjoying the piss out of it and if it’s worth more than I bought it for (and it is) just extra “feel good”

Lumpy

Reaction score
Can I buy a House in Havasu with this?

SamMaxco

Reaction score
Interesting thread. In review, what's the perceived value of that boat in today's current market? Up$, 1,2,?3k?
down $? What say y'alls?
My guess is that had someone spent say 23-25k then, and used it the same and taken care of it, services, proper storage etc, I’d guess a pristine 93-with a now 200 hours and a stock 502 would fetch 35- 42k+ maybe, just a guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️