WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Halletts in Havasu 2023

Hammer

Reaction score
Damn just noticed some non Halletts. Woulda join too but didn’t want to stick out like a sore thumb.
We had a few sponsors that don't own Halletts, although their family does. We will make exceptions for select sponsors who would like to attend.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
It’s the second largest boating event on havasu second only to desert storm.

It could very easily become the largest with some minor tweaks. 😍
Dave I would not suggest any tweakers or twerkers as things can go sideways fast if they are invited to HIH. 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

by the way, Wooohoooo!!!!! We made RDP coverage!!!!!

IMG_0822.jpeg

@Hammer please talk to me early next year as I want to talk about sponsoring a few event in 2024. HIH is on my radar. 👍

Hammer

Reaction score
Dave I would not suggest any tweakers or twerkers as things can go sideways fast if they are invited to HIH. 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

by the way, Wooohoooo!!!!! We made RDP coverage!!!!!

View attachment 1290390

@Hammer please talk to me early next year as I want to talk about sponsoring a few event in 2024. HIH is on my radar. 👍
Definitely will! Good seeing you guys.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_2986.jpeg

It was time he learned how to back the boat down the ramp…

I think I was about his age when my dad taught me…. After a few trips that was my job, launch and retrieve.

It worked out perfect as the ramp was empty.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Nice job Tommy!! There are a lot of people with unbelievable images from the day. You must have caught us when we hit the chop coming out of the Topock no wake zone. LOL

OC Mike

Reaction score
Thanks for a GREAT Weekend Mike.
Looking forward to next year....

Hammer

Reaction score
A couple people didn’t end up in any photos or video.. on the fb page they were kind of upset about it.
I saw that. You touched base on it. I guess we can double up on the helos and media crew?

It happens every year. I'll need your help, we have to get together and lay out a game plan.

We ran out of food at the banquet in 45 minutes also, over 200 pounds of tri tip. That's the first time that has happened....

Hammer

Reaction score
I touched base in this thread earlier on how my boating family comes to HIH every year. Since I could walk I have been going to every lake/river you can think of ( Kings River/Parker/Mead/Don Pedro etc...) with these people. Back in the 80's-90's we'd caravan in motorhomes towing boats from so cal.. From blown flatties and Outboard Taylors this group had it all. My best and closest friend and I would always grab a soda and head out to the point at Big Bend or River Lodge at sunset to watch our dads make speed runs and pair off with anyone who thought they had a chance... We always thought our dads were king shit and ran the Parker Strip. Eventually, the boats got bigger. We went from those to a Lavey Mod VP to a HTM to Vectors and 240's.... One thing was always common, nothing was ever stock, usually someone in the group would make a mod in the off season and not say anything to gain a boat length or two on our friends..... If you know me, I have the same problem and so does my buddy.

I had a chance to catch up with my dad over a cold one this year and had asked him how he met everyone? Where did it all start? I never really knew, just knew this group where my friends and family. Turns out one of the guys in this picture worked with my dad and knew of each other in passing, usually on different job sites. At some point, they ran into each other at the river, decided to meet up and plan trips together and the rest is history.

Our annual trip was River Lodge and Big Bend over Easter break. We NEVER missed that trip. Last 10+ years have changed and we don't see each other as often, life gets busy and some of our group has places in Parker now. The annual Easter trip kind of fizzled out and HIH took its place.

This picture means a lot to me as it's 3 generations of families. Our parents are now grandparents. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am without these people. Thanks Tom for capturing this shot!
halletts-in-havasu-2023- Family Photo-Resize.jpg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I touched base in this thread earlier on how my boating family comes to HIH every year. Since I could walk I have been going to every lake/river you can think of ( Kings River/Parker/Mead/Don Pedro etc...) with these people. Back in the 80's-90's we'd caravan in motorhomes towing boats from so cal.. From blown flatties and Outboard Taylors this group had it all. My best and closest friend and I would always grab a soda and head out to the point at Big Bend or River Lodge at sunset to watch our dads make speed runs and pair off with anyone who thought they had a chance... We always thought our dads were king shit and ran the Parker Strip. Eventually, the boats got bigger. We went from those to a Lavey Mod VP to a HTM to Vectors and 240's.... One thing was always common, nothing was ever stock, usually someone in the group would make a mod in the off season and not say anything to gain a boat length or two on our friends..... If you know me, I have the same problem and so does my buddy.

I had a chance to catch up with my dad over a cold one this year and had asked him how he met everyone? Where did it all start? I never really knew, just knew this group where my friends and family. Turns out one of the guys in this picture worked with my dad and knew of each other in passing, usually on different job sites. At some point, they ran into each other at the river, decided to meet up and plan trips together and the rest is history.

Our annual trip was River Lodge and Big Bend over Easter break. We NEVER missed that trip. Last 10+ years have changed and we don't see each other as often, life gets busy and some of our group has places in Parker now. The annual Easter trip kind of fizzled out and HIH took its place.

This picture means a lot to me as it's 3 generations of families. Our parents are now grandparents. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am without these people. Thanks Tom for capturing this shot! View attachment 1299751

Just missing big John in there!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

This picture means a lot to me as it's 3 generations of families. Our parents are now grandparents. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am without these people. Thanks Tom for capturing this shot! View attachment 1299751
It was great talking to your family Friday night as we picked up our bags. It was great to see that we had one image of the wife and I underway in our boat this year. I need to reach out to Tommy ad I want to get pints made for our garage. Looking forward to next year Mike. 👍

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple people didn’t end up in any photos or video.. on the fb page they were kind of upset about it.
I saw that. You touched base on it. I guess we can double up on the helos and media crew?

It happens every year. I'll need your help, we have to get together and lay out a game plan.

We ran out of food at the banquet in 45 minutes also, over 200 pounds of tri tip. That's the first time that has happened....

IMO the only thing a second heli will do is double your cost. You guys are well over 100 boats fur the last several years. It’s all but impossible to shoot over 100 boats in a land rush start chasing them to pirates. The only way you are going to get a pic of every boat is to do an organized shoot and run ONE boat at a time then turn around and shoot the next one. Rinse and repeat until every boat is shot. Done this way each boat ends up with two or three pics to choose from.
Mike and I catch hell from participants every year for not getting a shot of their boat but it’s not for lack of effort. Interestingly, the photographer is always the last guy anyone asks when the discussion of how to handle the photo shoot comes up 😂.

Hammer

Reaction score
IMO the only thing a second heli will do is double your cost. You guys are well over 100 boats fur the last several years. It’s all but impossible to shoot over 100 boats in a land rush start chasing them to pirates. The only way you are going to get a pic of every boat is to do an organized shoot and run ONE boat at a time then turn around and shoot the next one. Rinse and repeat until every boat is shot. Done this way each boat ends up with two or three pics to choose from.
Mike and I catch hell from participants every year for not getting a shot of their boat but it’s not for lack of effort. Interestingly, the photographer is always the last guy anyone asks when the discussion of how to handle the photo shoot comes up 😂.
🤣 🤣 🤣..... I guess we will go back to the individual shots again....

I appreciate you tom!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

My suggestion for the second helicopter was to run two at a time on individual photo shoots and or single helicopter and do individual shoots across two days.. six in one hand half a dozen in the other.. lol. Except then you will get people saying they want this photographer and not that one etc.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
My suggestion for the second helicopter was to run two at a time on individual photo shoots and or single helicopter and do individual shoots across two days.. six in one hand half a dozen in the other.. lol. Except then you will get people saying they want this photographer and not that one etc.
It’s pretty tough to please everyone but we are trying.

Hammer

Reaction score
It’s pretty tough to please everyone but we are trying.
I was trying to avoid flagging 100 boats individually. I guess I have too. Just need to figure out something for Brie and the kids to do while we do that…

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
I was trying to avoid flagging 100 boats individually. I guess I have too. Just need to figure out something for Brie and the kids to do while we do that…
Unfortunately, they won’t listen to you. Even this year, you said for the group to follow Paul up river. Didn’t happen.

Everyone gets antsy floating in Thompson Bay. They worry about getting caught in rough water or stressed about getting a prime beach parking spot.

So when a couple of people decide to split and head North, the entire Hallett Navy takes that as the start. Then the race is on. I can’t imagine the nightmare of trying to figure out, which red boat didn’t get shot.

There is a solution to be had. It might take a few 7&7’s to figure it out

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they won’t listen to you. Even this year, you said for the group to follow Paul up river. Didn’t happen.

Everyone gets antsy floating in Thompson Bay. They worry about getting caught in rough water or stressed about getting a prime beach parking spot.

So when a couple of people decide to split and head North, the entire Hallett Navy takes that as the start. Then the race is on. I can’t imagine the nightmare of trying to figure out, which red boat didn’t get shot.

There is a solution to be had. It might take a few 7&7’s to figure it out

lol truth