WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Halloween

69hondo

Reaction score
Where are you going?

We will be in Dumont like usual. Unfortunately no haunted house trailer this year.
FB_IMG_1572278852314.jpg
FB_IMG_1604360125539.jpg
FB_IMG_1572278941176.jpg
9837.jpeg

77charger

Reaction score
normally do glamis like have been for the last 25 years looked foward to it too but after the last few years dont care for going out too much a shit show newbie wekend.

beerrun

Reaction score
We are supposed to go to Glamis but there is a STOP use recall on our new razor with no clue as to a fix

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
We are supposed to go to Glamis but there is a STOP use recall on our new razor with no clue as to a fix
I’ve got the same car as you and haven’t seen a letter? Did they send one out?

beerrun

Reaction score
I’ve got the same car as you and haven’t seen a letter? Did they send one out?
We got an email it says under hard breaking and hard throttle at the same time could cause the clutch to come apart sending debris into the cabin

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
We got an email it says under hard breaking and hard throttle at the same time could cause the clutch to come apart sending debris into the cabin
What year is your rzr? Don’t brake and gas at the time?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Also sounds like lawyers got pretty heavily involved. I have yet to ever see a belt end up anywhere near the occupants. Most of the time they disintegrate into a bunch of little pieces and/or eject themselves out of the belt exhaust

beerrun

Reaction score
Do you have clutch kit on your car I called Langston Motorsports today because I have the 21 xp turbo and they told me if you have a clutch kit your fine this is for people still running stock clutches with launch control or people driving like complete idiots
No my clutch is stock

renodaytona

Reaction score
I think we may do a day trip to Sand Mountain depending on how crowded it is. My buddy camps the whole week out there so we might just go the weekend before to enjoy it for the day without crowds.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
Lookin for something new. Normally we go to dovesprings area.

Thinking maybe dumont or Johnson valley?

Love glamis but it’s far for me. Would have to do a week deal to be worth the while

69hondo

Reaction score
Lookin for something new. Normally we go to dovesprings area.

Thinking maybe dumont or Johnson valley?

Love glamis but it’s far for me. Would have to do a week deal to be worth the while
Halloween is a great time at Dumont. The dunes are busy. Its more about the atmosphere and Halloween itself. I live close to Johnson valley but have not been out there for Halloween. Johnson valley is like Glamis its so big no matter how busy it is you can always find your own area.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
Halloween is a great time at Dumont. The dunes are busy. Its more about the atmosphere and Halloween itself. I live close to Johnson valley but have not been out there for Halloween. Johnson valley is like Glamis its so big no matter how busy it is you can always find your own area.
Where do you guys camp? I’ve never been there. Is it a free for all camp where you find a spot type of deal? I’ll have the dp so I don’t wanna get into any sticky situations as I’ll be rolling in at night more than likely.

How about the SxS and paddles? Glamis I would say 100% run paddles. Dumont the same?

69hondo

Reaction score
Where do you guys camp? I’ve never been there. Is it a free for all camp where you find a spot type of deal? I’ll have the dp so I don’t wanna get into any sticky situations as I’ll be rolling in at night more than likely.

How about the SxS and paddles? Glamis I would say 100% run paddles. Dumont the same?
Yes it is a pay area. Only one way in for the main part of Dumont and there is a pay station. Once you pay and go up the small hill it is wide open but dont stray to far from the main path as there are soft spots. We will be down by bathroom 3. it is pretty soft in there.

Definitely paddles. The dunes at Dumont are Huge and steep.
buggy-roundup-camp-gridmap.png.f262a9c2bdcaa9451f46068eccfa09be.png

69hondo

Reaction score

I would definitely try to get there when its light. I have been a lot but still like to get there in the light as the camping area flats change almost like the dunes with the wind. An area that was hard pack last time might be soft this time. Last Halloween it was bad in front of the ranger station where it is normally hard. People were getting stuck left and right one after the other.

renodaytona

Reaction score
What are the odds they have the paving completed from the highway to the entrance? The post I saw said they would be done by the 25th? Any progress pics so far?

I wish I could get the time off work as Halloween at Dumont is a good time. The guy that is senior to me gets that week every year to go to NHRA.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
Yes it is a pay area. Only one way in for the main part of Dumont and there is a pay station. Once you pay and go up the small hill it is wide open but dont stray to far from the main path as there are soft spots. We will be down by bathroom 3. it is pretty soft in there.

Definitely paddles. The dunes at Dumont are Huge and steep.
buggy-roundup-camp-gridmap.png.f262a9c2bdcaa9451f46068eccfa09be.png
Gotcha. Going to throw it up to my group. Got another guy that’s in as of now. I’ve always wanted to go when I was younger but never got the chance.

Looks fun like a good sized parade type deal?

69hondo

Reaction score
What are the odds they have the paving completed from the highway to the entrance? The post I saw said they would be done by the 25th? Any progress pics so far?

I wish I could get the time off work as Halloween at Dumont is a good time. The guy that is senior to me gets that week every year to go to NHRA.
All I have seen is they laid a base down. You know construction its never done when they say it will.

69hondo

Reaction score
Gotcha. Going to throw it up to my group. Got another guy that’s in as of now. I’ve always wanted to go when I was younger but never got the chance.

Looks fun like a good sized parade type deal?
My group is going out Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I will be rolling out thursday early afternoon. Try to be there before dark. staying until Monday

Now being that there is only one way in leaving Dumont on Sunday Halloween weekend suck ass. either get up and out by the crack of dawn or stay until Monday like we do. Year before last we sat on top of the front face dunes with a cooler and watched the shit show try to leave. part of the problem is it leads to the 15 freeway where everyone is coming back from vegas so its just bad.

The last few years they have done a truck or treat but it go so big last year it was out of control. They are going back to camp to camp trick or treating.

There will be haunted houses set up everywhere. People go all out there. Saturday night at comp hill all the cars will be decorated, its pretty cool. We usually have a haunted house in my trailer but my buddies wife who is the driving force behind it wont be out until Saturday and just wont have the time to get it all setup.

One thing to note is dont go expecting "Glamis" its not. Its way smaller. The dunes are way bigger but just a small area. you really cant get lost. They have their ecomp hill. banshee. hill, a swing set, North pole and South pole. The BLM there are pretty cool as well.

If you bring your hard pack tires there are many places to go outside the dunes as well.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
My group is going out Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I will be rolling out thursday early afternoon. Try to be there before dark. staying until Monday

Now being that there is only one way in leaving Dumont on Sunday Halloween weekend suck ass. either get up and out by the crack of dawn or stay until Monday like we do. Year before last we sat on top of the front face dunes with a cooler and watched the shit show try to leave. part of the problem is it leads to the 15 freeway where everyone is coming back from vegas so its just bad.

The last few years they have done a truck or treat but it go so big last year it was out of control. They are going back to camp to camp trick or treating.

There will be haunted houses set up everywhere. People go all out there. Saturday night at comp hill all the cars will be decorated, its pretty cool. We usually have a haunted house in my trailer but my buddies wife who is the driving force behind it wont be out until Saturday and just wont have the time to get it all setup.

One thing to note is dont go expecting "Glamis" its not. Its way smaller. The dunes are way bigger but just a small area. you really cant get lost. They have their ecomp hill. banshee. hill, a swing set, North pole and South pole. The BLM there are pretty cool as well.

If you bring your hard pack tires there are many places to go outside the dunes as well.
Sounds badass. Trying to find a set of paddles for my car. Is the camping pretty tight when it gets busy?

69hondo

Reaction score
WHat size paddles are you looking for? Used or new?

There seems to always be room specially once you get away from the main rode.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
WHat size paddles are you looking for? Used or new?

There seems to always be room specially once you get away from the main rode.
Whatever I can get a decent deal on really. I don’t do too much dunes and I plan to turbo the car so that will mean bigger paddles too.

Looking for a 30in it’s for a YXZ 4x110 I think it is

69hondo

Reaction score
Whatever I can get a decent deal on really. I don’t do too much dunes and I plan to turbo the car so that will mean bigger paddles too.

Looking for a 30in it’s for a YXZ 4x110 I think it is
oh ok, for some reason I was thinking you were taking about a buggy. LOL

You will be ok without paddles as you have 4 wheel drive. Of course it will be better with paddles.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
We’ve done dumont once for Halloween it was fun but we actually camped in the part called little dumont. It’s closer to the road and easier to get out when it’s busy. Smaller fun dunes for the kids and just a quick trip over to dumont but less dust.

But I think I’ve said it before but I doubt we’d do it again.

EPL

Reaction score
T
I think we may do a day trip to Sand Mountain depending on how crowded it is. My buddy camps the whole week out there so we might just go the weekend before to enjoy it for the day without crowds.
That is the best thing to do at Sand Mountain now days !! It is a SUPER Shit show on Halloween weekend !!

Flyinfiddy

Reaction score
So is there a paved road in now? I have not been to Dumont in years.

renodaytona

Reaction score
So is there a paved road in now? I have not been to Dumont in years.

They are working on paving it to the pay stations. From one pic I saw it looked like they had graded it, and it was going to go all the way past that up to where it flattens out. Supposed to be complete the weekend before Halloween.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
8C8FBB5B-EF88-40AF-92AF-77D100EEF523.jpeg
Got the rig all dialed in. Fueled up 😐 and ready to go. Fixed all the little quirks for now.
2DFD84D5-08FE-40A9-91B2-0B61F57B95BE.jpeg
A05178E9-11EB-4C84-90BA-A2B494D57026.jpeg
Now to just get the car ready. Got the paddles on it. Small Knick knack stuff. Paint bumper wash it etc. 30s look so small compared to the 33in tensors.

Should be rolling out Thursday night 🤘🏼

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Dealer still doing warranty work on the TH. Cutting it close.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I'm done with Glamis, headed to Emerald Cove for a long weekend.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Not looking like our TH will be ready.
Was really hoping to Make this trip.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
Not looking like our TH will be ready.
Was really hoping to Make this trip.
Dealer work always scares me lol, “yea it’s no problem we will have it done in a week” then the unit gets done 6 months later. My buddy got a brand new attitude and the fridge shit the bed right off the bat with a long list of other issues.

69hondo

Reaction score
Dealer work always scares me lol, “yea it’s no problem we will have it done in a week” then the unit gets done 6 months later. My buddy got a brand new attitude and the fridge shit the bed right off the bat with a long list of other issues.
Did you guys decide to go to Dumont?