WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hammers Arrowhead Adventure

Hammer

Reaction score
Good friend of mine invited us up to do some boating...
61678872624__4261AC5F-48F3-44DC-8AA0-E4EA26D4D02D.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Lucky for you I'm old, or I'd come give you a lesson on drinking.

I'm happy with my Patron XO on ice these days. ;)
There is a reason I can drink my ass off at the river (even in the heat). Yeah I grew up up drinking heavily at 6,000ft.
Every other fucker goes to bed and has a huge hangover while I'm already up pissing on the wall waiting for round two!
I'm not that young.
My body is fucked up, it's definitely not the age, it's the mileage...

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Just don't go to Papagayos , that place turned to shit. Unless you like shity Mexican food.

Hammer

Reaction score
Just don't go to Papagayos , that place turned to shit. Unless you like shity Mexican food.

We ate there for dinner last night. Burrito was pretty good I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Spent many great days at Arrowhead. A family friend had a large cabin and a beautiful Mahogany Chris Craft that had once belonged to Howard Hughes. It had that 3rd row seat section aft of the engine. Throttle was on the steering wheel. Great boat. Good times.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There is a reason I can drink my ass off at the river (even in the heat). Yeah I grew up up drinking heavily at 6,000ft.
Every other fucker goes to bed and has a huge hangover while I'm already up pissing on the wall waiting for round two!
I'm not that young.
My body is fucked up, it's definitely not the age, it's the mileage...

I can relate...

We're you up there when the village was all wood??

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Two of my all time favorites -- also miss Lloyd's in Running Springs and their strawberry pie.
Dude I was named at Lloyd's. I used to sit at the bar between my dad and Lloyd Souter when I was a kid. I grew up there. Our house was was in the neighborhood right behind and my parents still live there.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I can relate...

We're you up there when the village was all wood??
My dad was. I was born in July of 80. He remodeled several structures in the old village. My parents have a couple pieces of artwork that show dormers that my dad built. He was also a captain at Running Springs Fire Department and was on scene for the burn down training of the old village in the late 70's

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My dad was. I was born in July of 80. He remodeled several structures in the old village. My parents have a couple pieces of artwork that show dormers that my dad built. He was also a captain at Running Springs Fire Department and was on scene for the burn down training of the old village in the late 70's

Sigh...

I used to drive up to the Old village on the weekends, by myself. There was a great bar there that had live bands. Man it was all kinna fun.

I haven't been back up there since they burned it down. I was pissed they destroyed all that history. It looked like down town Tombstone back in the day.

Before that, I was dating a chick who's parents had a place in the only trailer park up there. The dad had a boat. That's how I got on the water.

Have a friend with a place inside the redline now, but I haven't been, yet. I'm Still bummed about what they did to the village!

:mad: :rolleyes: :p

Taboma

Reaction score
Sigh...

I used to drive up to the Old village on the weekends, by myself. There was a great bar there that had live bands. Man it was all kinna fun.

I haven't been back up there since they burned it down. I was pissed they destroyed all that history. It looked like down town Tombstone back in the day.

Before that, I was dating a chick who's parents had a place in the only trailer park up there. The dad had a boat. That's how I got on the water.

Have a friend with a place inside the redline now, but I haven't been, yet. I'm Still bummed about what they did to the village!

:mad: :rolleyes: :p

You dated a chick from Lake Side Trailer Park ? What era was that, I mean just in case I was knew her before you did ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜‚

We had a waterfront trailer in there for over 20 years beginning in the mid-50's. Even kept it when Dad bought a nice house with a dock on the north shore, late 60's. Discovered after a couple of years we enjoyed the park life and missed all our friends in the park, sold the house and went back.

The old Village shops, the outdoor dances in the pavilion, the penny arcade, miniature golf and the Saturday night spook show movies --- Growing up, the village was kid heaven. After I turned 21, then it was drinks and dancing at the Chalet, or up to Cedar Glen to the Sportsman. The malt shop up at Cedar Glen was the place for burgers and malts to die for.

I can't imagine a better place on earth for a kid to have spent his summers while growing up back then.
Last time I was up there was in 86'. Walked around the new village, looked at nut-to-butt homes covering every foot of lake front and felt sad ๐Ÿ˜– have never been back.

Don't take me wrong, I still look at the pics here on RDP and think it's a beautiful lake, just so much different than my memories.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
You dated a chick from Lake Side Trailer Park ? What era was that, I mean just in case I was knew her before you did ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜‚

We had a waterfront trailer in there for over 20 years beginning in the mid-50's. Even kept it when Dad bought a nice house with a dock on the north shore, late 60's. Discovered after a couple of years we enjoyed the park life and missed all our friends in the park, sold the house and went back.

The old Village shops, the outdoor dances in the pavilion, the penny arcade, miniature golf and the Saturday night spook show movies --- Growing up, the village was kid heaven. After I turned 21, then it was drinks and dancing at the Chalet, or up to Cedar Glen to the Sportsman. The malt shop up at Cedar Glen was the place for burgers and malts to die for.

I can't imagine a better place on earth for a kid to have spent his summers while growing up back then.
Last time I was up there was in 86'. Walked around the new village, looked at nut-to-butt homes covering every foot of lake front and felt sad ๐Ÿ˜– have never been back.

Don't take me wrong, I still look at the pics here on RDP and think it's a beautiful lake, just so much different than my memories.
LOL! The Sportsman was one of my dad's favorite places!

KevinR

Reaction score
Yep. Arrowhead was a fantastic place to grow up. I was there with my family pretty much every summer weekend from 64 - 78.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score

I bet you knew the Wolfson's who had a place in the trailer park for years -- had a bright orange Mandella -- #77

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Her and I were actually both from San Gabriel. We went to high school together and eventually got engaged.

I had to cut her loose though. She was way too serious for me.

We both graduated in 75. I still keep in touch with her, sorta.

Arrowhead was awesome back in the day.

๐Ÿ‘

Taboma

Reaction score
I bet you knew the Wolfson's who had a place in the trailer park for years -- had a bright orange Mandella -- #77

You bet Bob !!
Several years ago in another Arrowhead thread, after you'd shared pulling Craig and Pam back in their ski racing days, Pam joined RDP and we exchanged a few PM's about those good ole days. Seems Craig can be found on the 356 Porsche boards as that's his new hobby.

Taboma

Reaction score
Her and I were actually both from San Gabriel. We went to high school together and eventually got engaged.

I had to cut her loose though. She was way too serious for me.

We both graduated in 75. I still keep in touch with her, sorta.

Arrowhead was awesome back in the day.

๐Ÿ‘

I don't recall any being from San Gabriel itself. I did date one park gal from Azusa, she would have been at least 8 years older though. During my later high school years and after, thanks to Arrowhead I dated a few girls from the San Gabriel valley and the Village is where I met my first wife who gave me two amazing kids who were definite keepers, ๐Ÿฅฐ the wife, not so much. ๐Ÿ˜‚