WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Happy Fathers day Gents!

satellitemike

Reaction score
So my wife asks me last week what I would like to do for Fathers days and I tell her why dont we just order pizza or something, I dont want to cook or stand in front of a BBQ when its 100+ degrees outside! Well I guess I changed my mind sometime last week and we are BBQing today for a dozen or so people, FUCK! Oh well at least I get to go play some golf this morning with a few of the inmates here. Ill post some scores on the "Im shitty at golf" thread if I remember to grab the score card.

Dont forget the rules today!

BBQ RULES:
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat
Important again:
(
😎
THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women!

Have a great Fathersday Guys!

Last edited:

satellitemike

Reaction score
Oh and did I forget to mention when the wife has people over she goes into cleaning and panic mode which means I have to either help by cleaning the back yard and getting all the pool shit ready! So I go out back and one thing leads to another and after mowing the lawn I notice a few spriklers that need attention, and then a few of the palms need trimming. The icing on the cake was the layer of fine dirt over EVERYTHING in the back yard, pation furniture, BBQ, TV, ect... from the earth movers at a new housing track that we are directly down wind of.

grumpy88

Reaction score
So my wife asks me last week what I would like to do for Fathers days and I tell her why dont we just order pizza or something, I dont want to cook or stand in front of a BBQ when its 100+ degrees outside! Well I guess I changed my mind sometime last week and we are BBQing today for a dozen or so people, FUCK! Oh well at least I get to go play some golf this morning with a few of the inmates here. Ill post some scores on the "Im shitty at golf" thread if I remember to grab the score card.

Dont forget the rules today!

BBQ RULES:
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat
Important again:
(
😎
THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women!

Have a great Fathersday Guys!
This is in motion as i read it ! Lol

DWC

Reaction score
Oh and did I forget to mention when the wife has people over she goes into cleaning and panic mode which means I have to either help by cleaning the back yard and getting all the pool shit ready! So I go out back and one thing leads to another and after mowing the lawn I notice a few spriklers that need attention, and then a few of the palms need trimming. The icing on the cake was the layer of fine dirt over EVERYTHING in the back yard, pation furniture, BBQ, TV, ect... from the earth movers at a new housing track that we are directly down wind of.
Hated this as a kid and still doing it. Sob.