WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Happy Hour, Happy Hour

Nailhead

Reaction score
Last weekend we acquired this 24' campbell and couldn't be more please to do so. Story has it that the original owner installed a new SVO super Cobra jet crate engine and a new Casale v-drive then some time later donated it to the Salvation Army. They guy we got it from bought it from there, did quite a bit of clean up work on the install of the engine but never took in on the water. The engine is very fresh with just an hour or so of time on it. Best we can tell it hasn't been used since around 2004. We took her out Sunday and she ran flawless with just a minor shaft seal leak. All the mechanicals are dialed, now it's just time for a floor and rework some of the original 1977 interior. The trailer is also all original other than the tires and is in excellent shape. We have been wanting a Campbell for a lot of years and this one will be staying with us for years to come. Looking forward to good times ahead.

Like a kid on Christmas Day.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Saw the Craigslist Ad the Salvation Army posted back in March, hmm'd and hawwww'd over it for a few days until one Friday BWT posted in another thread if anyone knew about the boat. Since the SA is right near my office I figured WTF, I'll go over at lunch and have a look. I get there, and my the guy you got it from showed up that morning bought it! Unfortunately the SA wouldn't divulge what it sold for. Even though I wasn't interested in the boat, I was a little bummed that I had to report back to the inmates that it had sold earlier that day!

Rickybobby

Reaction score
That thing is sweet..... Very very clean. Couple of things I noticed... there are no blocks between the stringer and the mounting plates of the v-drive:):):). For some reason, I heard, Campbell bought the shafts to small and installed a bunch of v-drives with blocks or spacers to take up the space rather then get the right size :grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble:(from what I understand the correct pieces can be bought from Casale.) Your hydraulic pump is mounted under the floor, to the stringer. I think that is a much cleaner place to secure the unit. I had to mount mine back on the transom.

What is your plan for the floor ??? Its a bit overkill but if I were to redo mine, I would seriously think about 3/4 ply for the base or some combination there of. They weigh a ton already, not like thats going to save any weight, I added supports to the stringers to keep the floor from flexing when "dancing" on mine!!!:champagne::champagne:

hope to see ya at the regatta

rb

kinda of hard to see the spacer blocks on the v-drive(at the stringer).... but they will get replaced over the winter.:cool:cool

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 86

Nailhead

Reaction score
I'm dreaming big and hoping to do a teak floor with snap in carpet. Going to try a replace a couple of the floor sections down the center so we don't fall through at the regatta. Our 24' Spectra had those wood blocks on the v-drive as well.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Oooooooooooooooo teak floors are purrrrity.