WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Happy T day

Riverratrob

Reaction score
So how many of you guy's actually help with the making dinner,or are you like me watch football ,graze on the food ,and drink beer until the dinner is ready.:beer

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
So how many of you guy's actually help with the making dinner,or are you like me watch football ,graze on the food ,and drink beer until the dinner is ready.:beer

One of the perks of being single and doing the 2 meal mambo means no one expects you to bring or do anything.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving :beer

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
We went to our neighbors house.
I do all the cooking in the house so I made the green bean casserole.

Actually made two different ones this year. One was the classic, green beans, mushroom soup and frenched onions.

The other. Damn it was good. Fresh whole green beans, large red bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, onion, cream chese and goat cheese.

It was a hit and can be made anytime of year.

2 lbs of green beans
4 oz cream cheese
2 oz goat cheese
1 bell pepper
1 onion
6 oz mushrooms
Bread Crumbs
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar or Soy Sauce

Boil the green beans for about 5 minutes and drain
Cut up the mushrooms and bell peppers and put in a casserole dish with the green beans. Mix in olive oil and balsamic viniger and bake the mixture at 375 for 15 minutes.
While that's in the oven slice a large onion and sautee them in olive oil and just enough brown sugar to taste. When the onions are tender let cool a little and mix with dry bread crumbs.
Take the softened cream cheese and goat cheese and mix them together. Add the green beans, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the cheese and mix.
Put that in the casserole dish and cover with the breaded onions. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 to brown the bread crumbs on the onions and its done.

Took maybe 30 minutes to make the first time. Next time it will take less.

Forensic

Sounds good except for the mushrooms :rolleyes:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I think most everyone close to me knows better then to ask me to cook something. I could ruin cereal given the opportunity.

RD

linds

Reaction score
I love to help make things for Thanksgiving. I always make the green bean casserole and candied yams. YUM! Everything everyone made was sooo yummy and like every year; I ate too much :p I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!