WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Happy to share. Dolce Italian

riverroyal

Reaction score
Weekend before last the town was packed! Never been to dolce. Figured maybe we can sit at the bar.
dropped mrs rr at door, went and parked. Place was packed. Host said give me 10, we can get you in.
while we waited outside the owner was standing talking to us. Great guy.
some foreigners from the jet ski race pulled up. Parked like shit Right at door. Then some girl from inside the truck climbed on the hood and sat up there. Rented truck. As one guy went in and tried to buy a table.
owner saw this and walked back in and sternly said we’re full no tables.
then came back out and said I’m not going to Let my staff deal with that type of disrespectful behavior.
bam. My new fav spot.
food is amazing. Service was outstanding,

if you haven’t been you need to. No idea why it took so long for us to go

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Did I read this right?... You gave the host $10 and he got you in?

DanG

Reaction score
One of our favorite spots. Staff and food are excellent.

DLC

Reaction score
Their food looks D-lish!

going to give it a whirl next time we are out!

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Across from movie theater / lake side of 95

Ok, in that strip mall on the other side of the street (like where coldstone once was (briefly) or the same side of the street as the movie theater like Mudsharks?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
La Vita Dolce is one of our favorite restaurants in Havasu and definitely the best italian. Great food and great service!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Ok, in that strip mall on the other side of the street (like where coldstone once was (briefly) or the same side of the street as the movie theater like Mudsharks?
Where Coldstone was, that side, kind of across from Chevron and the Arbys ass place

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And yes, we eat there 2-3 times a week, Robbie, Randy, and the entire Day family are great friends of ours. Wednesday is pizza night, $8 for a large plus a $1 per topping, i think its the best pizza in town. 4-6 half price apps daily, and on Friday and Sat night Chucky Bumps plays, the guy is amazing on the guitar.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm going to be out Thanksgiving week and I like to try and find new places in LHC that aren't the typical tourist spots. I'll definitely be trying this place.

jnmn

Reaction score
We will try it when we get out for the XMAS. looking forward to a good Italian joint out there. plus it is close to the house!
Thanks for tip.
Must be close to the Mexican joint EL Mariachi ??

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
And yes, we eat there 2-3 times a week, Robbie, Randy, and the entire Day family are great friends of ours. Wednesday is pizza night, $8 for a large plus a $1 per topping, i think its the best pizza in town. 4-6 half price apps daily, and on Friday and Sat night Chucky Bumps plays, the guy is amazing on the guitar.

Robbie and his brother are stand up people, and they remember you even when you only come a few times a year. Dolce is one of my favorites, and they always make you feel welcome...the service is on point. The staff tends to stay for a long time...and that tells you a lot. Anymore I order more to go when we are in town bc of the baby, but Randy always makes time to shoot the shit while I have a drink and wait. The day's are good people...I wish there were more like them.

Edit..no I didn't check the date..was just reading threads..they still deserve props!

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
La Vita Dolce has been our go to spot for many years. It's a solid place and doesn't vary. When we first met Robbie we had no idea he owned the place. Until our sweetheart of a waitress said, "Oh, pay no attention to him. He's just my Dad. He owns this restaurant."

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Yes, wednesday night is packed, half off pizza night, drop my name, we are good friends with the owners and the employees.
Went last night (Thursday) 1/2 hour wait, excellent service, very busy place, but surprisingly quick and tasty.

Reactions: DWC

badgas

Reaction score
We have been twice in the last year and had a good experience both times. Food was really good service was great.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Dolce to Go is their relatively new delivery service. They have a separate menu that can be viewed on line. The same excellent quality food as the restaurant.

Socalx09

Reaction score
We went to dolce a few weeks ago for the first time and it was great. We were seated pretty fast for a Friday night at 7pm. The wait staff provided great service and they all helped each other when it got busy. Definitely going back.