WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Harbor Freight 20% off at Home Depot?

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Anybody tried or had success using the 20% off coupons at HD or Lowes? I read on a couple websites that it's possible.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The items would have to be the same which I have not seen as HF manufacturers there own. Lowes will beat some prices but not all. Lumber no dice. Doors windows yes. I just price shopped them on a roof and they beat my roof supply house but only on 1 style shingle. Got 25% off on the Owen's Corning duration cool shingles but the they could not beat them on the lower grade oakridge shingles. Lowes hurting for sales and always telling me to give them a chance before making any big purchases.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Reading that it doesn't have to match since the HF coupon says 20% off any item. Guess there's only one way to find out

sintax

Reaction score
Reading that it doesn't have to match since the HF coupon says 20% off any item. Guess there's only one way to find out

I've always heard it does not work, but I've never tired it personally. Make sure you get the checkers name and store location if they do so I can go buy some shit. :)

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Theres a laundry list of fine print of all the items at Harbor Freight that is not eligible. It basically amounts to anything that weighs more than 10lbs and ALL of their better quality tools. Also limit 1 item. The coupon itself is pretty much worthless even at Harbor Freight. Only the annual no-restriction coupon is worth anything but the store is usually cleared out before you can get there to buy anything of value for a deal. I think Home Depot and Lowes knows this.

Turnup

Reaction score
You're askin the wrong people @ HD. Hit the pro desk and make nice with the old school guy staffed there lol...preferably not during the early am rush! Open a pro account. If you're gonna spend 1500 min ask them to run it through the bid room, and when they do ask if they can sweeten it up a little more or ask if you should go to the car for that lowes coupon. If you are military, let em know. Couple of tips!

NicPaus

Reaction score
The 3 local home depot's are a zoo they never give deals. The 2 local Lowes are always dead much easier to get them to discount. I usually get the quote and then double dip once at the register. They usually wont let you when getting the quote. I have them enter my phone number at register and pull up order then stack the 10% off. I go to lowes 2 times a day on avg and save 2-3k a month on avg with the extra 10% off. I was going to ask about the 20% last night but did not know the cashier . Got the coupon ready for tomorrow.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I do know one thing for certain, harbor freight has Stanley tape measures for a lot less $ than just about anywhere else.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
The 3 local home depot's are a zoo they never give deals. The 2 local Lowes are always dead much easier to get them to discount. I usually get the quote and then double dip once at the register. They usually wont let you when getting the quote. I have them enter my phone number at register and pull up order then stack the 10% off. I go to lowes 2 times a day on avg and save 2-3k a month on avg with the extra 10% off. I was going to ask about the 20% last night but did not know the cashier . Got the coupon ready for tomorrow.

Post up what happens. I read the way to do it is ask if they honor competitors coupons. When they say yes of course, bust out the 20% off.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score

Do you have their Fuel Rewards deal? I get gas discounts all the time. Also if you join SDCIA you get an additional rebate every
quarter: https://www.sdcia.com/Page.aspx?ID=Home-Depot-Rebate-Program

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
SDCIA and The Home Depot = Savings!
SDCIA members have been able to take advantage of incredible savings achieved through rebates and huge discounts on paint and appliances from Home Depot’s ProExtra program thanks to their partnership with National REIA. Whether it’s paint, appliances or drywall for that house-flip or new flooring, SDCIA members continue to save thousands of dollars on their investment projects.

You can receive a semi-annual rebate of 2% of your net sales for your purchases at The Home Depot and Home Depot Tool Rental. This is a fantastic program that will introduce you to a new way of doing business with The Home Depot that will help you save time and money. Please contact Home Depot for the most up to date information on purchase minimums and restrictions 866-333-3551.

HOW TO GET YOUR SAVINGS:

1) Enroll at www.homedepot.com/proloyalty.

2) Register any form of payment accepted at The Home Depot- including checking accounts, credit cards, debit cards and THD accounts. IMPORTANT - YOU MUST ADD THE AGREEMENT CODE: NREIA

3) Email [email protected] to make sure your account is set up properly and that you are escalated to Gold Status for your 20% Paint Discount.

More Ways To Save
Home Depot offers members a savings of 20% off interior and exterior paints and primers at their convenient one-stop shop for paint, coating products & much more.

Members can also take advantage of the Home Depot Appliance program that allows appliances to be easily ordered from an exclusive catalog especially designed for members. SDCIA members can save 10% on in-store purchases of exclusive Hampton Bay cabinets (excluding Designer Series). The saving is off the current price including sale pricing. This is a deal that you won’t want to miss.

JOIN SDCIA TO ACTIVATE SAVINGS

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I've done it a few times, obviously not an exact match on brand/model. I was successful on 3 garage door openers, not all on the same trip. Some power tools, etc. I have been shut down a couple of times too. I do like mentioned above and ask if they take competitors coupons, then whip it out.
iu

NicPaus

Reaction score
I avoid Home depot as much as possible as it takes so much longer to get in and out. Friday was almost 30 minutes in line. The pro line is always a hour long or so at Torrance location. I mainly go there for paint, versabond, and 20 minute.

The plywood and drywall is cheaper if you buy a unit but lowes matches it no problem and then I stack the 10% off on top.

Insulation is $10 less a bundle if you buy 20 small or 25 large bundles. Then stack the 10% its $12-13 less a bundle. I had to order 2 houses worth directly from manufacturer to beat that price on 2 new houses.

I will still sign up every extra dollar saved is boat gas money.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
We don't have many Lowes down here. They are usually sparsely populated. But I've waited half an hour to pick up items at will call. Fucking horrible.

I've given up on insulating jobs and sub them out. The subs can provide and install it cheaper than I can buy the bundles for. If it is just a little remodel then we do it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Lowes is 1 block from me and the other 1 in Torrance is 3-5 minutes from my jobsites 10 minutes from my house. Home depot is across the street from the 1 and on any given day there are 20-1 more customers at HD if not more. If I recall that HD sales a million a day.

78Southwind

Reaction score
So does Lowes still have the discount moving coupon? When I bought my BHC Townhouse they had some deal where you could load up a prepaid Lowes card and on April 15th they added 10% to it. So I load up $5,000 on the card since I was going to do a little face lift on the Townhouse and I was able to use the discount moving coupon on top of the prepaid card. Basically, cost me $5,000 for $6,000 worth of merchandise.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I have used the harbor freight coupon successfully at HD. I asked if they honor competitors coupons and when they say yes...….
I only use this one on larger single item purchases as it is the only time it is worth it. It will add 10 minutes to checkout and they will need to bring over a manager. You just need to play the game and they will try to tell you no. Ask specifically why no given their policy is to match and what you are buying is not prohibited on the coupon. Read the fine print on the coupon first to make sure you are legitimate.

wagonicfolding

Reaction score
This, I use a 20% on every purchase, I'll buy a dam 12" f clamp and use a 20% coupon(unless there's a better sale without it) and free item I just don't make a special trip to do so.