WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Has anyone ever bought from Copart auctions?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I found something I’m interested in...appears to be a donated vehicle, which means there should be a title on hand. ItMs in CA, and according to their chart, I need to either have a business license or go through a broker. I’m not sure whether or not that’s accurate. The item I’m looking at will probably get a max bid of under $500. If broker fees and other fees drive it up over $1000, it ain’t worth it.

Anybody know how this outfit works?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
You don’t need a Lic just stop in and sign up I think the yard is on alameda in la much easier there then your in there computer you should inspect first

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
..:Copart has taken over what used to be U pick part in Sun Valley...about a mile and a half up the road from me in North Hollywood...17 acres and it is jam packed with cars...(visible from th 5 fwy near the Penrose off ramp)...As of yet I haven’t done the walk-through but I think I’m going to give it a shot next week and look for another city street kind of cool beater car... not sure what I want but I’m thinking maybe like a 2015 Mercedes SUV ...But not a G wagon..,Dunno???...
...Not sure how long my 99 expedition beater is going to last???...

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Just signed up and tried to bid. Won’t let me bid w/o a broker. Looks like it closes Monday afternoon...guess I’ll have to find one on Monday.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Lsg auto parts took it over there in Sante fe springs pick apart sold the kids leave down the street the have a yard on rice road

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
if you are not a broker you will get a salvage title. Feel free to call me at 559-696-9247.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
in California anyway
If you do not have a dealers license

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Not all car are salvage title at copart with a broker or independent purchase

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have been looking at some. New Camaro's with zl1and 6 speed just to get motor titans and some good seats for a project car I have. Let us know what it takes to buy from them. They also have a yard on 15n near foothill.

81Sprint

Reaction score
I signed up with a broker, cost me like 500 bucks deposit. Got me in to the yard in vegas to look at the cars, its a cool concept if you have the time and patience

nordictom

Reaction score
I have 6 vehicles from Copart. All still going strong.
For some cars, you need to have a Dealers lic. For me, I use a broker (CA Dealer lic. fee's are too much $$$). His fee's are reasonable. Plus he is out of state. So if there are back fee's, I just have him issue me a out of state title & reg (costs me around $100). A salvage title is a salvage title, so if I see something I like, with salvage title, I use my Copart account. so I don't need to pay all of the Broker fee's.

Oh, BTW, when you go to pick up your vehicle, get prepared for the worst experience in customer service. If you hire a transport guy, some won't pick up from certain yards. Copart in Van Nuys is the worst.

NT

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I've decided to forget about it.

here is what I was interested in: https://www.copart.com/lot/39454829

In CA, without a business license, I need to go through a broker, per Copart customer service...even though this is a donated item, presumably with a title on hand and no smog required.

I spoke with a couple brokers...minimum broker fee is $250, and CA title processing through the broker is another $275. Copart also has a fee off about $270 on bid/sales between $200 and $400. I figure this boat is worth about $500 to me if I were to roll up and pay cash. Looks like at minimum it will be over $1000 and I've got to jump through a bunch of hoops.

I was planning on a $100-$200 bid and maybe a couple hundred in fees, but that's not the case.

Forget it. They can store it forever until it rots.

Last edited: