WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Has anyone ever

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Started their background check (but not actually start it), was told they're carving out your territory only to get a call that they are moving in a different direction? Talk about a waste of time. I did all the assessments met all managers and was given the green light, only to get a phone call a few hours ago telling me they're going in a different direction. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Pretty frustrated right now

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Different direction means either a better candidate came along, or somebody's friend was given the job. Could be a blessing in disguise? Would suck if they hired you then made the change???

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Different direction means either a better candidate came along, or somebody's friend was given the job. Could be a blessing in disguise? Would suck if they hired you then made the change???

As far as I was told it was my job, so I'm not sure what happened. He just said they had meetings last night and decided to go another direction. Much different from the conversation last Thursday with them.

Singleton

Reaction score
Have had it occur twice. After some research and conversations I lost both due to $$.
First one, I had offer from CFO and had verbally accepted. Got call the next day informing me they could not move forward. Over drinks with the CFO a few months later, I was informed the CEO wanted to just promote the Sr Director of the department and not hire me, since that was the cheaper move.
Second one, final rounds with Audit Committee was down to 2 people. Me and someone from Irvine. Audit Committee chair flat out told me on the phone the other candidate was asking 75k less then me, so they went that direction.
In the end, I am in a better place now, so don't let it get you down.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
It's not you, its just business.....right now the contractor coming in is playing games with me about $$.....so im not surprised if I get lowballed, or just not hired..
either way, good luck with it dude, you will be fine!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Less so with individuals than with the Corporate world. Loyalty means nothing.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It's happened to me 3 times in IT sales positions. 2 were money related and they went with a cheaper option. One was a candidate with more experience than me. It was frustrating at the time but always ended up at a better gig. Consider it interview experience.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
So to make matters worse my landlord calls me and says he's selling my townhouse. He's old and it's probably the right time. lol all I can do is laugh at this point. I'll tell you what never did I imagine on Jan 1 2017 that I'd be out of a job 3 months later and having to find a new place to live without a job. I've been on my laptop since 3 sending out resumes and doing assessment tests online....

Backlash

Reaction score
Hang in there and don't let it get you down. Yes, it happens quite often as stated above. I had it happen to me recently and wasn't given a reason even after several meetings where I was told "It's yours." Got a phone call later and was told differently....and my processing was ceased.

That was almost 8 months ago......and they are STILL looking to fill that spot! :D

Dipshits!!!! LMFAO!

Keep your head up my friend!

Henry

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
So over the last month I've probably sent out over 250 resumes. I was up almost all night last night. If anyone has any connections with recruiters please let me know.

Thanks

Andy01

Reaction score
Started their background check (but not actually start it), was told they're carving out your territory only to get a call that they are moving in a different direction? Talk about a waste of time. I did all the assessments met all managers and was given the green light, only to get a phone call a few hours ago telling me they're going in a different direction. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Pretty frustrated right now

My wife is a HR Director, I can tell you without a doubt this happens. Sometimes the dynamic of the position changes, or someone/something tied to this positions resigns. Then they tie two together. It happens, and truthfully even if they offered you a job it can sometimes be retraced due to a climate change in the company or position.

I don't understand the "Started their background check (but not actually start it)" statement.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
My wife is a HR Director, I can tell you without a doubt this happens. Sometimes the dynamic of the position changes, or someone/something tied to this positions resigns. Then they tie two together. It happens, and truthfully even if they offered you a job it can sometimes be retraced due to a climate change in the company or position.

I don't understand the "Started their background check (but not actually start it)" statement.

I had filled everything out for them to conduct the background, but they didn't start it that's what I was told.

Andy01

Reaction score
What type of work/position are you looking for?

white tortilla

Reaction score
I dont know if you have a LinkedIn but I have a profile on there with work/school experience and quite a few professional connections and I see constant job postings for work in my field. Typically I get 2-3 emails a week from recruiters on there who are looking to fill various positions.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
What type of work/position are you looking for?

I come from the consumer finance/banking/underwriting etc... This position was for Fleet Fuel Business card sales for all of LA County.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
I dont know if you have a LinkedIn but I have a profile on there with work/school experience and quite a few professional connections and I see constant job postings for work in my field. Typically I get 2-3 emails a week from recruiters on there who are looking to fill various positions.

Yes I use that and indeed