WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Has corona virus affected your household?

HitIt

Reaction score
I agree! That’s why I started the thread to see how far and how fast.. and when we should be making a run on toilet paper.. lol.

I’m not sure I get that as being the end all prepper
The TP and water thing is crazy. Sheeple. Freezer and pantry goods on the other hand seem reasonable. Also, other things like dish and laundry detergent for a few weeks. Best case scenario is you shop less over the next month. Worst case is that you are set with food while you are stuck at home. Just buy extra of what you would normally use. Seems like a no brainier to me.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Maybe you guys in SoCal and AZ shit a lot but I went to the grocery store an hour ago and the toilet paper shelves were 95% full. I can start mailing it if need be.💩

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Maybe you guys in SoCal and AZ shit a lot but I went to the grocery store an hour ago and the toilet paper shelves were 95% full. I can start mailing it if need be.💩
Yes, but in your area, how was the "Depends" inventory?

or

We know damn good and well they don't bother with paper in the Bay Area ;)

JD D05

Reaction score
I served my mission in NZ in 96 and 97. I know you live in Utar and know us Mormons, lol. I've been back once with wife about 15 years ago. Never been to Queenstown once and not going this trip either. Lot's of things to see and lot's of friends to visit. I'll have to do Queenstown another time.

Ha yep...my father in law is a bishop.

I asked because I have been there and happen to know some great places to see and eat. Have fun

2Driver

Reaction score
Best line was:

Im prepared, I have a list of all the people that hoarded all that shit.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I pulled out of the markets 3 weeks ago, so I didn’t lose a dime. In the middle of a new house build with 7 months to go, watching interest rates drop, so I’m good there. Sold with opendoor so my sales price on my current home is locked in. Old lady hit the stores hard this weekend, and we have 3-6 months of supplies on hand. We both work at one of the largest hospitals in PHX so we’re cautiously watching but not necessarily worried. We are prepared and ready. Do I think it’s going to hit hard, no. Is the worst yet to come? Absolutely. Are we as prepared as we can be? Yes.

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL Stay tuned to the governemnt for updates on what to do..

Dammit, I wish I still had my old school desk at times like these.

Reactions: DWC

calkid

Reaction score
No changes at my house, Jack Daniels generally keeps the viruses at bay. I think it's all hype to try to start a recession prior to the election in a last ditch effort to beat Trump.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I had some stuff to do in Bellingham, WA. I pass a Chinese buffet, its usually packed at 5pm. It was near empty. WA has the most cases in the US and the most deaths. I normally make a stop at Safeway. The store was super busy, skipped it. Picked up a prescription for my mom at Walmart in Canada. The store was out of water, hand sanitizer and masks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Had our first business impact.. Stacy had a guy coming in for a showing on a upper end property.. He is flying in from out of the country, he is going to be delayed because he is now waiting for a medical clearance.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Stocked up on essentials... before the crazy’s came in and wiped out the shelves. Lol.

gotcha
Yep. Running was low on TP and paper towels so I hit up Costco on Friday. Good thing I did because my wife went back on Monday to get stuff for meal prepping for the week and they were out of TP, Paper Towels, flour, water, etc. She went accross the street to Wholefoods and it was the same deal with the addition of hand soap, pasta, milk, and hand sanitizer. “Not like we needed any of those, but it’s weird to see empty shelves.” We are in Irvine, so it’s ground zero for Chinese.
1B391DDD-15B7-4EC5-B904-7994DBDC3B45.png

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I had a GC that wouldn’t shake my hand yesterday. How will business continue like this, lol

4Waters

Reaction score
Affected as in my wife has had two Kaiser Permanente conferences cancelled in TN and IL.

We are getting bombarded with precautions after the med screener at LAX got it this week.
REMINDER: the MED screener at LAX was in a CORDONED AREA
She most likely failed proper self hygiene (don’t touch your face)

I survived swine flu, sars,
This is the same, keep yourself clean and keep your damn hands off your face
Yup, got got bombarded as well, pretty sure it's the same exact memo as yours but with a different letterhead.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I’m flying a red-eye flight to BWI from LAX tonight. I only saw a few people in the terminal wearing masks, and we have about 50 open seats. I’m not sure what normal is. I’m not really buying into this hype. One of my Flight attendants is going crazy with
Her hand sanitizer and Lysol though..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
We just went and bought enough food to last us three weeks of quarantine. Meats, Bread, canned tuna, peanut butter, frozen pizzas, burritos, pastas, and some canned foods etc..and some more toilet paper.

The only reason is because we have one 22 year old and two high schoolers and they can eat. If they close schools for three weeks, they’ll be set. It’s stuff they would eat anyways.

We’re not freaking out at all but if they do close schools here in LA, all hell will break loose and I’m not dealing with it when shit hits the fan.

beertruck

Reaction score
seeing a dip in sales in the seattle market restaurants, as people buy into the fears

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Some facts, not media paranoia.

Nordie

Reaction score
I just opened our last 6 pack of Kirkland TP last night didn't think anything of it until I read this thread.

dave29

Reaction score
Yes. I now own a 30 pack of TP. I'm in Co and when I went to but Clorox wipes, I got the last 4 pack. Shelf was cleaned out literally!!!!!!!

nameisbond

Reaction score
seeing a dip in sales in the seattle market restaurants, as people buy into the fears

I was in Bellingham, WA, yesterday. Several restaurants, one a Chinese buffet are usually packed at 5pm. Yesterday, parking lots empty.

The border also usually has a line both directions. Yesterday, had no cars in front or behind me, both directions.

2Driver

Reaction score
I’m flying a red-eye flight to BWI from LAX tonight. I’m not sure what normal is. . One of my Flight attendants is going crazy with
Her hand sanitizer and Lysol though..

LOL Its normal to go crazy with hand sanitizer and lyson before arriving in Baltimore.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Well we have been having an interesting day. had a big corporate event cancel. They are not flying anyone around the country but want to have video conference screens set up at all their offices. we will probably make 10 times the amount on this if we can pull it together.
Then had couple of techs cancel out in our Atlanta office for a show starting on sunday so may have to fly out to help.
This might be a interesting few months

Last edited:

Springfield

Reaction score
Cramping my style! 😝

My wife travels 10-20 days a month internationally, company says no international travel.
Now they say no domestic travel which is 7-10 days on odd months.
Now she is working from home and on my azz. 🤣

HCP3

Reaction score
The Habit burger joint I go to is usually packed with a line out the door. Today at noon it was half full with hardly any line. I kind of like this media hysteria thing going on.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I needed some cash back so I went to Ralph’s market and picked up a couple cans of soup and so I wouldn’t have to pay to get cash back .., the Campbell’s chunky soup was virtually gone and I thought that’s weird maybe people don’t eat much soup anymore... I didn’t think anything of it till I read this thread...
...Now I have to go to Costco to fill a couple of prescriptions ...this could be interesting???... Maybe I will take a couple of pictures???...

GRADS

Reaction score
It is so weird you guys have empty shelves of stuff. The coronavirus is a mile from my grocery store and yet all the shelves are full.🤷‍♂️

GRADS

Reaction score
One of my doctors ordered some blood tests for me to complete at my convenience. I didn't have a whole lot going on today so I figured why not. I drive over to lab and as I'm sitting in the parking lot I'm looking across the street at the Kaiser where the dude died of coronavirus yesterday. I was like oh hell no I'm not going in that lab with other sick people. Drove home, the tests will have to wait for another day.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My trip to the Renton and Everett factory was cancelled today due to the corona virus

GRADS

Reaction score
20 minutes ago.......

IMG_2931.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I keep pulling up staniel cay to see if they are offering discounts. Nothing yet...

UltraLucky

Reaction score
No problem with dinner reservations or hotel upgrades here. Flights sure got cheaper teal quick.
20200305_183439.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... The Costco in Burbank today was a total freak show ...I would say 80% of the store was in a panic ...my friend Cindy who heads the pharmacy department got real serious about scrubbing her hands...some of the other girls the girls the girls to take your money ...every half hour or so would clean the counters with Lysol spray disinfectant ...whole thing was just weird... Felt like I was in a Third World country and generally Burbank is not that way at all...😱

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I confess...........I bought an extra case of Jose

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
We just came back from Rome and NYC. Other then my older neighbors doctor telling them to stay away from us for 2 weeks as a precaution. I WISH we were back in Rome. The place is empty and would love to have it to ourselves.