WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hatch ram won’t go up

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Buddy called tonight asked me to come over and help him with his boat, he has a 2005 eliminator Daytona 26, it has two electric hatch rams, one of them is powering up but it will not extend. We unhook led them both from the hatch by pulling the pins and the one that isn’t working powers up and just spins, the shaft doesn’t come up out of the housing. It’s all the way down, and spins when you hit the switch but it doesn’t come up. Is it shot, like as if the gears inside have worn out, or is it too far down and needs some help to get unstuck from being all the way down?

braindead

Reaction score
Have u tried pulling up while pushing the switch? If that doesn't work than the gears are stripped and he needs a new ram

NicPaus

Reaction score
Put a screwdriver through the pin hole and hold in place as you push button so it does not spin. Pull a little if needed.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
When it’s not connected to anything i don’t believe they will go up, they will spin instead of rise or lower, as said ^^ stick a screwdriver in and see if that helps, if not give it some pull up while someone is manning the switch.

Rjt01

Reaction score
It’s shot , just had to replace my buddy’s one on his Hallett 210s , did the same thing , cp performance has them , 18” or 21” . Don’t throw it out . I am looking on parts to fix them . Will keep u posted .

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have one ram that is slightly fast than the other.. I’m assuming I’m SOL, but is their any way to adjust their speed?

572ext

Reaction score
It’s not shot just pull it apart at the bottom and free up the main worm gear. Really easy to do then get split collars from Eddie or C P performance so it won’t happen again. What happens is one bottoms out before the other the collars will stop it from going too low and jamming.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
^^^^^pretty accurate .
If it's not hooked to anything it spins, if it's held its a nut and long bolt.
These actuators are the same thing we used hundreds of back in the big c band dish days.8-12 footers.
The one may have just got jammed (bottomed out).

When we used them on dish's they had adjustable limit switches on them so that didn't happen.
Whats sad is the ridicules prices for them now. we had 18"-24" light weight small tube that were rated at 500lbs and sold them for $89.00, light duty 500 lb big tube(like boats use) for $129-$149, and HD saginaw(American) 1500lb for 249.00

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
This is one of my big fears on the boat, are there any pins that can be pulled from a cable in another compartment? I have bolts now:(