WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Haulover inlet

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Just saw a video where there are about 20+ videographers a day filming boats . The City now charges $100 ‘s for filming fees ! No more drones allowed either . Coos on overtime writing tickets for everything !

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
There are loads of youtube videos for Haulover Inlet. I was going to go check it out in person when I was in Miami last year but my trip got canceled due to the Rona.

That is a crazy place, I guess its mainly the tides trying to get in and out of that narrow passage that makes it that way. New respect for big waves there.

sintax

Reaction score
man those guys a nuts. Dont they know theres all sorts of sharks and shit out there in the Ocean. Man was never made to be out there...

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
There are loads of youtube videos for Haulover Inlet. I was going to go check it out in person when I was in Miami last year but my trip got canceled due to the Rona.

That is a crazy place, I guess its mainly the tides trying to get in and out of that narrow passage that makes it that way. New respect for big waves there.
Haulover gets all the press but I think Hillsboro Inlet just to the north in Pompano is far worse. Much more narrow, the current is like a washing machine in there. A friend in a twin OB CC got taken by the current and slammed into one of the concrete pilings, busted up the boat pretty good (he’s probably not the best mariner anyway lol).

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
My first time coming into Haulover i made the mistake of slowing down ( there were a bunch of boats coming out) I've never been so wet in my life. and that was in a Cigarette boat. i think Tank was with me on that ride. we probably would have made a highlight reel. but that was 14 years ago

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
The Boulder Patch in Suisun Bay near Benicia on the Sacramento Delta can be ugly too.
Fly mine and my buddies Formula 353's about 10 feet in the air a few times going from Salcalito to Stockton

Tank

Reaction score
My first time coming into Haulover i made the mistake of slowing down ( there were a bunch of boats coming out) I've never been so wet in my life. and that was in a Cigarette boat. i think Tank was with me on that ride. we probably would have made a highlight reel. but that was 14 years ago

Yep, the run back from Key West with Tom in his Gun and Tim in his. We hit rain on the way home too. Rain at 70+ for an hour hurts. LOL

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I was thinking it's had to have been this way, probably ever since it was built!

The internet is a double edge sword...

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Haulover gets all the press but I think Hillsboro Inlet just to the north in Pompano is far worse. Much more narrow, the current is like a washing machine in there. A friend in a twin OB CC got taken by the current and slammed into one of the concrete pilings, busted up the boat pretty good (he’s probably not the best mariner anyway lol).

What about Jupiter Inlet?

Tank

Reaction score
What about Jupiter Inlet?

They're all pretty gnarly in the area. Lauderdales is way wider and not as bad though. And seriously, you can head south through Biscayne and go out Govt cut and completely avoid the headache of Haulover when the tides rippin. Not difficult, I don't know why people don't opt for that instead when it's stacked up there.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Yep, the run back from Key West with Tom in his Gun and Tim in his. We hit rain on the way home too. Rain at 70+ for an hour hurts. LOL
Pro tip: full face helmet in the rain. LOL

We have used them on Winter Delta Runs. Rain to the face at 100 + MPH sucks.

DLB motto: Any Weather Is Boating Weather.

I haven't been out in the rain for a few years.

Sent From Tapatalk

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Last time in Miami we parked and walked over to watch a little bit. The water wasn't moving too much. Bad timing I guess. Lovely area. We walked all around the park. Haulover Sandbar was happening though!

Tank

Reaction score
Pro tip: full face helmet in the rain. LOL

We have used them on Winter Delta Runs. Rain to the face at 100 + MPH sucks.

DLB motto: Any Weather Is Boating Weather.

I haven't been out in the rain for a few years.

Sent From Tapatalk
LOL, noted. 😁 Kind've hard finding helmets 30 miles into the 150 mile run back to Miami though. Luckily it was typical south florida rain. Rain a little, then sunny. Sprinkle a little then sunny and we out ran it by Islamorada. However we were hung-the-fuck-over after partying in KW for 4 days on top of the rain so the trip home was a bit long. The chicks opted to get a rental and drive home LOL

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
LOL, noted. [emoji16] Kind've hard finding helmets 30 miles into the 150 mile run back to Miami though. Luckily it was typical south florida rain. Rain a little, then sunny. Sprinkle a little then sunny and we out ran it by Islamorada. However we were hung-the-fuck-over after partying in KW for 4 days on top of the rain so the trip home was a bit long. The chicks opted to get a rental and drive home LOL
Yeah, I have only worn a helmet when it is raining hard all day.

Sent From Tapatalk

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
They're all pretty gnarly in the area. Lauderdales is way wider and not as bad though. And seriously, you can head south through Biscayne and go out Govt cut and completely avoid the headache of Haulover when the tides rippin. Not difficult, I don't know why people don't opt for that instead when it's stacked up there.
From Haulover it’s a PIA to get to govt cut. No wake zones under all the bridges, a couple manatee zones, and (technically) a 35mph speed limit everywhere else.

I know you know this, but for everyone else: Haulover inlet doesn’t look like the videos every day, usually it’s quite smooth and easy to get in/out of. Just another case of the media showing you their narrative 😂😂😂

Tank

Reaction score
From Haulover it’s a PIA to get to govt cut. No wake zones under all the bridges, a couple manatee zones, and (technically) a 35mph speed limit everywhere else.

I know you know this, but for everyone else: Haulover inlet doesn’t look like the videos every day, usually it’s quite smooth and easy to get in/out of. Just another case of the media showing you their narrative 😂😂😂

Meh “35 mph” and “no wake” is all relative. Lol.

We always boogie right through. Such a great run down from beer can island to govt cut scenery wise too. Especially when you get down to the river area and whatnot. Fun run.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Meh “35 mph” and “no wake” is all relative. Lol.

We always boogie right through. Such a great run down from beer can island to govt cut scenery wise too. Especially when you get down to the river area and whatnot. Fun run.
True. The real estate scenery alone is pretty incredible

DWC

Reaction score
Big nope.
0A667882-AFFC-476D-9369-9BE246A21439.jpeg