WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu’s Best Fish & Chips???

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Alright I have the craving for Fish & Chips for dinner tonight. Where is the best place with it in Havasu????

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Didn't someone say the Blue Chair?

Juicys has good Fish N Chips, and the Boathouse out on the island

I'll also say that Id bet 4 Clovers Irish Pub has good Fish and Chips, it's a real dive pub, everything else ive ever eaten there was great, so i can't imagine the fish n chips being bad.

It's kinda between Nordic and the Sterelite Plant, in the back of that little industrial mall.

DanG

Reaction score
I have had Fish and Chips at several places in Havasu and the favorites are:

Tavern 95 - Large pieces and freshly battered. Probably my top pick. Also on special Friday nights.
Burgers by the Bridge - Large pieces, freshly battered. Very good choice.
Blue Chair - Much smaller portion, but good and fresh and the tarter dipping sauce is delicious (excellent rating based on sauce).

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Brits are so screwed up; they call fries, chips and chips, crisps. So do they call crispy chips, crispy crisps? :oops:

Fish and fries doesn't have a bad ring to it.

retaocleg

Reaction score
i live here and i would like to know...........how sad is that?

used to be churchills back in the day..........like 1980's back in the day

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all of the suggestions (except for @240Hallett of course 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪) Some suggestions were our thoughts as well. Plus a few other ones. I gave the info to the wife and letting her pick. 👍

River Runnin

Reaction score
i live here and i would like to know...........how sad is that?

used to be churchills back in the day..........like 1980's back in the day
Burgers by the bridge and guaranty you will judge all others to them!

And back before the flu shit and Strokes was strokes! ... Their Thursday all you could eat fish was the best around! -- And if this Whiskey place did the same (Alaskan Cod and the cook to make it!) they would make some bank!!

retaocleg

Reaction score
Burgers by the bridge and guaranty you will judge all others to them!

And back before the flu shit and Strokes was strokes! ... Their Thursday all you could eat fish was the best around! -- And if this Whiskey place did the same (Alaskan Cod and the cook to make it!) they would make some bank!!
good to know, wife was just asking about fish and chips........i am of the opinion if you are farther the 100 miles from where the fish are, do it yourself..........as long as you can get the fish fresh(air mail).....we have done crab cakes from boston for a good rate.......did some sausage while we were at it........sausage was first rate, crab cakes were ok

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Alright I have the craving for Fish & Chips for dinner tonight. Where is the best place with it in Havasu????
A certain “membership” club off paseo del sol…. I’m picking up fish and chips right now at the one in CC.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Many places in town do the Friday specials. As far as I know, the Springs was the only one that you could get it blackened or fried too.

samsah33

Reaction score
We talkin breaded or battered? grew up in great lakes rustbelt and breaded friday fish fries were a staple, can't seem to find a good breaded one out west... I gave up on asking when I order, most servers incorrectly use the terms breaded and battered interchangeably...

retaocleg

Reaction score
Striper is awesome with the Louisiana (yellow sac) fish fry coating! -- for the do it yourself'er! ;)
prob is, wherever they are, im not...........and just about the time im done with fishing, i hit a boil............catch a buttload, gets me hooked again, eat all i can handle ......can only handle so much fish ......feast or famine..............im down for fresh, but freezing you are into the might as well buy at the store territory........
edit: breaded over battered, although battered is good with tarter(mayo+sweet relish)

caught a 10lb and made into steaks once, on the bbq........stickage was an issue tho, but we were full of livations, so eating off the grill was the best part, none of us gave a shit what we were eating.....like when we went to the horseshoe and had RMOysters........ex wife thought they were a colorado thing, couldnt understand why they had oysters, not being by the ocean... lmao

Last edited:

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Red onion was good when they were open Friday nights. Jerseys or burgers by the bridge is my go to.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Rookie.
Burgers by the bridge hands down.
Fries suck, fish is the best around.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
We talkin breaded or battered? grew up in great lakes rustbelt and breaded friday fish fries were a staple, can't seem to find a good breaded one out west... I gave up on asking when I order, most servers incorrectly use the terms breaded and battered interchangeably...
I asked all the time battered or breaded onion rings… I only eat breaded

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
So we ended up going to Tavern 95. Went early being that I did not have lunch and was hungry. Hit the place right at the perfect time to see the Blue Hair crew packing the place. Made me feel like a youngster once again. LOL. The parking was packed so had to street park the wife’s car after I dropped her off to put our names in. The place was PACKED with a 20+ wait. After parking I walked to the the front of the restaurant and saw for the first time that they have outside seating. Told the wife and she checked with the hostess and it was open seating Weather was perfect and was able to seat right then. Had a great meal and the fish was incredible. Thanks for all the suggestions now I have a few options for the next time I get the cravings. 👍

Felt like a chick doing it but know some clown would ask next for pictures of the meal so here you go…..

121936B6-FA15-4559-BBA9-8B27408F5B55.jpeg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
So we ended up going to Tavern 95. Went early being that I did not have lunch and was hungry. Hit the place right at the perfect time to see the Blue Hair crew packing the place. Made me feel like a youngster once again. LOL. The parking was packed so had to street park the wife’s car after I dropped her off to put our names in. The place was PACKED with a 20+ wait. After parking I walked to the the front of the restaurant and saw for the first time that they have outside seating. Told the wife and she checked with the hostess and it was open seating Weather was perfect and was able to seat right then. Had a great meal and the fish was incredible. Thanks for all the suggestions now I have a few options for the next time I get the cravings. 👍

Felt like a chick doing it but know some clown would ask next for pictures of the meal so here you go…..

View attachment 1188961
Tavern 95 is kind of our go to, because it's fairly close, but do like most of their food.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Tavern 95 is good. Except when they have a “Snowbird State Night”. The SBs are loud, obnoxious and act like they own the place. Avoid it like the plague on those nights. An over packed parking lot with excessive non AZ plates should be your first clue.

badgas

Reaction score

View attachment 1188961
Those look really good Tim !

We have never been to Tavern 95 I'm going to visit next time we are in town.

schweeng

Reaction score
Best Poke Bowls in California....

Everybody tells me to bring my food to Havasu...... thinking about it.

2E292D13-47E4-4462-8C53-62A39D3A5500.jpeg

riverroyal

Reaction score
Boathouse.

Burgers by bridge is great for a more low key eating

petie6464

Reaction score
Make them yourself, it's the easiest fish to cook and a cave man can make fries. .