WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Airplane Hangar for river pad...

Briley

Reaction score
When thinking of Havasu home, garages seem to always be one of my biggest concerns. This would be a unique spin on weekend getaway location.....with plenty of garage space.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Interesting pad. Wonder if you have any restrictions on days spent in living quarters

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have seen some cool shit in hangars before but this one takes the cake.:thumbsup

Works909

Reaction score
Lucra High Performance Sports Cars
If it only had more living space..

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Interesting pad. Wonder if you have any restrictions on days spent in living quarters

Since the Havasu airport receives AIP money (federal grant money from aviation fuel taxes) there are some pretty tight restrictions on occupying a hangar, or storing anything other than an airplane there. It's a cool space but I would be careful if anyone thinks they can make it a vacation home.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Since the Havasu airport receives AIP money (federal grant money from aviation fuel taxes) there are some pretty tight restrictions on occupying a hangar, or storing anything other than an airplane there. It's a cool space but I would be careful if anyone thinks they can make it a vacation home.

Same thing happened at the Boulder City airport here, There used to be some badass toys stored in hangars down there, then about 10 years ago they came through like the gestapo and ran everyone out, no cars, boats, or RV's, now they rule with an Iron fist. Also I'm not sure about havi airport, but since the hangars are within the airport fence you don't actually own the dirt they are on, it's like a 20 year lease, you just own the structure. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case down there either.

Other than that it's totally badass :p

Briley

Reaction score
Lucra High Performance Sports Cars
If it only had more living space..

Does say Lucra Racing on rig...how awesome if you could afford to fly in from Cali. Pull plane in and pull boat out.

image.jpg

PaPaG

Reaction score
I would think any smart investor could build a House that would blow that Hanger away with an even larger air controlled storage space for $650.000 in Havi. But then again who in their right mind would spend 650k to build or buy a place in Havi unless they were either a Baller or Retired, AND YOU WOULD OWN THE LAND....

TCHB

Reaction score
I would think any smart investor could build a House that would blow that Hanger away with an even larger air controlled storage space for $650.000 in Havi. But then again who in their right mind would spend 650k to build or buy a place in Havi unless they were either a Baller or Retired, AND YOU WOULD OWN THE LAND....

Not even close to 650k

TCHB

Reaction score
I saw a nice big jet copter in there last year

Singleton

Reaction score

That little rule about the % of livable space to garage would limit this type of house in the city limits

prosthogod

Reaction score
This exact thing has been a plan of mine in retirement. I would be able to fly into a few places in the western US .

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
rented land, or owned ? The way Havasu City does it's taxes, this would be a 'commercial property', but what is the zoning ?

In Havasu, property tax, zoning, electric meter type, could make this a difficult choice if you DID NOT FLY IN .

I see the airport access as the only point to having this type of place in Havasu .

As PaPaG suggests, for those who don't fly in, there are much better deals to be made within the city limits and at much less 'long term costs' .

There is always 'a way around' the 'housing VS garage size limits' .......

Ask a realtor ......