WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu airport.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Are there any “hops” from Vegas or PHoenix or is everything at Havasu airport strictly charter?
Friend is wondering.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
You would certainly think with the increase in population over the years something would materialize, unfortunately every time they’ve tried it’s failed. I’m just wondering at what price point would people pay for the short hops on a regular basis?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I think it was mid to late 80s the last time I flew from Ontario to the old airport on the island and I believe it was $110 one-way

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Years ago Havasu qualified for the Essential Air Service program, but lost its EAS designation back in the late 2000's. EAS is a govt subside to provide air service to remote communities.

Just not a big enough market to support scheduld air service.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Years ago Havasu qualified for the Essential Air Service program, but lost its EAS designation back in the late 2000's. EAS is a govt subside to provide air service to remote communities.

Just not a big enough market to support scheduld air service.
Yep, even with the subsidies it was very expensive and none of the airlines could afford to continue as I recall. Just not enough customers willing to pay the price for convenience.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I thought a few years ago there was a small start up airline that was going to start service between Phoenix, Lake Havasu, Los Angeles, San Diego, Vegas the Bay Area and Salt Lake City, but I don’t think it ever got off the ground.

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
Has Kingman ever tried for EAS status? Airport is big enough. 737 cargo land there now. The elevation has to be better then trying to fly out of havasu or bullhead heat. Drawing from Flagstaff to havasu to mohave valley would seem to be a draw for something like Southwest Would be nicer then driving to vegas or phoenix

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Has Kingman ever tried for EAS status? Airport is big enough. 737 cargo land there now. The elevation has to be better then trying to fly out of havasu or bullhead heat. Drawing from Flagstaff to havasu to mohave valley would seem to be a draw for something like Southwest Would be nicer then driving to vegas or phoenix

Your best bet for that region of AZ is Bullhead.

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
Your best bet for that region of AZ is Bullhead.
I know they have tried Bullhead before and failed, just like Havasu. They also had to cancel flights in extreme heat, like havasu. I always hear bullhead and havasu but never kingman. Maybe very good reasons for that but i never hear them