WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu BBQ????

240Hallett

Reaction score
Any recommendations for sit down and have a beer with your BBQ type places?

calkid

Reaction score
Waldo's at the airport is pretty good.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Waldo's at the airport is pretty good.

X2 Waldo's is pretty good. No tap beer though, only bottles. Awesome pulled pork sandwich! BBQ bills didn't impress plus had onions in the Mac and cheese and tri tip was dry but the beers were cold. Jasper's is okay I like the happy hour that's about it. Barley Bros has some decent ribs.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Don't think we want to cruise out to the airport tonight. Where is Jasper's? Thanks!

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Don't think we want to cruise out to the airport tonight. Where is Jasper's? Thanks!

On smoketree and mcculloch right across from the mailbox store in the albertsons parking lot.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Thanks u26s! We'll give it a try.

Edit: Jasper's closed up shop a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Golden Horseshoe - Said it before, the salad bar was OK and the steaks were not.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Grew up going to Chris & Pitts. IMHO - Havasu could really use a BBQ place like that. Cold beer, great steaks - ribs etc, along with a good salad, BBQ beans & hot garlic bread. It is not here, yet.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Really? Had no idea I drove by yesterday didn't even notice. Then Waldo's it is lol.

We were on our way into town for the weekend so wife pulls in to Jasper's parking lot. Doors locked. Guy next door (barber?) says they closed up a couple weeks ago. Had a "bad summer".

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Golden Horseshoe - Said it before, the salad bar was OK and the steaks were not.

Only been a handful of times and it's been fine. Not spectacular but LOTS of food for a decent price. I'd go again. Kinda like the saloon throw the peanuts on the floor feel. Sorry but I just haven't found fine dining in Havasu so I don't expect it anywhere. Then again I'm not going to Havasu so I can get all dressed up and go out to a fancy meal either.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Grew up going to Chris & Pitts. IMHO - Havasu could really use a BBQ place like that. Cold beer, great steaks - ribs etc, along with a good salad, BBQ beans & hot garlic bread. It is not here, yet.

Sadly, they have nearly 'shit-the-bed' in business. I regularly drive past the Downey and Whitter locations and find them either closed or open without a single car parked out front.

Roger (Cigalert) recently cut them off from his bakery products. I can only guess as to why....

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
We were on our way into town for the weekend so wife pulls in to Jasper's parking lot. Doors locked. Guy next door (barber?) says they closed up a couple weeks ago. Had a "bad summer".
You didn't miss anything........We went once and never went back:thumbsdown

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
Sadly, they have nearly 'shit-the-bed' in business. I regularly drive past the Downey and Whitter locations and find them either closed or open without a single car parked out front.

Roger (Cigalert) recently cut them off from his bakery products. I can only guess as to why....

It's aii oven BBQ and dirty inside.

240Hallett

Reaction score
BBQ seemed like a lot of work here so we said screw it and went to College Street. They've got some pretty tasty beers.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Chris & Pitts. In the day, they had good food and did a good business. Oh well, some things don't last forever. Still think a similar place would do well in LHC, summer and winter. C & P had sawdust on the floor, cold beer, good menu, and they did a good sit down and take out business.