WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu boat shop

nastytoys

Reaction score
if you had a choice what shop would you use prestige or absolute they both have good reviews just trying to pick your brains on who you prefer and why and what kind of boat do you take to them

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
if you had a choice what shop would you use prestige or absolute they both have good reviews just trying to pick your brains on who you prefer and why and what kind of boat do you take to them
Prestige all the way. I have had bad expieriences at absolute. To each their own

Reaper1

Reaction score
Absolute has always done right by me. Aaron is a good guy!

hawgty55

Reaction score
Imo it all depends on what your taking it in for. I took a drive to prestige to have it rebuilt and he wasn't interested in doing it for a couple reasons. Not knocking them but i took it to what most people would call a lesser shop and work was done same day.

guest hs

Reaction score
Truth of the matter is you can get a bad job done anywhere at any time at any shop. You are really at the hands of the technician. My best tech that has forty years of experience has made mistakes here and there in the past. No one is perfect! Yes there are better shops then others I will not argue that fact.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Truth of the matter is you can get a bad job done anywhere at any time at any shop. You are really at the hands of the technician. My best tech that has forty years of experience has made mistakes here and there in the past. No one is perfect! Yes there are better shops then others I will not argue that fact.
40 years and still making mistakes. Weird

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

guest hs

Reaction score
If you think there is a perfect shop with perfect technicians you are highly in denial!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Mistakes will happen. It’s how you respond to them that differentiates one shop over another.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Mistakes will happen. It’s how you respond to them that differentiates one shop over another.
Excuse me ... my customers do not tolerate mistakes ....

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Rules on looking for a boat mechanic

Look at the boats in the shop.
If they are all dcb, eliminators, mti ect. And you have a 1970 bayliner likely you will not get the same service in a timely manner

Ask about how and when they will contact you after quote has been generated,
Via email, text, phone call, mail?
Same day. A week...... this shows how busy they are and how important YOUR boat is to them.

If work takes more than a day does your boat sit outside? Covered? Uncovered?
If you provide a cover will they cover it?

Think about all of this and then make a decision.

What kinda boat are we talking about here?

nastytoys

Reaction score
Rules on looking for a boat mechanic

Look at the boats in the shop.
If they are all dcb, eliminators, mti ect. And you have a 1970 bayliner likely you will not get the same service in a timely manner

Ask about how and when they will contact you after quote has been generated,
Via email, text, phone call, mail?
Same day. A week...... this shows how busy they are and how important YOUR boat is to them.

If work takes more than a day does your boat sit outside? Covered? Uncovered?
If you provide a cover will they cover it?

Think about all of this and then make a decision.

What kinda boat are we talking about here?
27’ ultra shadow

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Recently needed work done on a 454. Lance Oster, Bucket Marine, was recommended by an inmate here at RDP. Lance did a good job for a fair price and in a short amount of time. Visited with him for a while and saw his clean operation here in LHC. He’s a very experienced engine builder and very boat knowledgeable. Believe engines larger than mine are really his thing. Ph 928 486 8637

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I made a mistake once, naw just kidding. :D We ALL make mistakes and just like above, it's how you take care of it for the customer. Crap happens and if one works on enough boats over the years it's going to happen to you more than once. Hopefully not the same mistake.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Dont limit yourself to 2 shops. I have had good luck at Savage as well- and I am sure there are a ton of other shops around town that provide good service.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Jeremy Woodard at J&J is who I have been using for a few years now. Have never had a bad experience.

Have heard good things about Mario at So Cal as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Well I was always told "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all" so I wont be saying anything about Absolute.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
JC marine on the south side of town does reasonable work at a reasonable price and tries to turn it around quickly. I got to say though, at this time of the year most shops are going to be slammed so getting anything turned around quickly is going to be a challenge.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Jeremy Woodard at J&J is who I have been using for a few years now. Have never had a bad experience.

Have heard good things about Mario at So Cal as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This is who I use too! Great guy and he knows his stuff and stands by his work.

nastytoys

Reaction score
What motor? Custom built or stock power (496)
Stock 496 ho here is what the problem is I’m cruising at 50 go to hit my trim button and my motor shuts down let off and motor comes back did that several times then I shut it off to float and go to start it and nothing not a beep or any kind of flicker on gauges so I switch batteries nothing no engine hatch nothing so I try both nothing get towed back to marina go to the house plug my charger slash battery tender in over night meanwhile I’m looking over everything I did find the serpentine belt a little loose for my liking and the positive cable loose tightens both up went out in the morning after being on charger all night full power so I just put the boat in the marina and ran it and stoped it for an hour or so all was good volt gauge stays at 13-14 go back out cruise around start stop it several times all seems well time to head home and pull in marina go to put on trailer and same shit nothing no hatch no nothing switch battery and nothing I’m not leaning towards batteries because they look brand new and I think they said they put new one in plus obviously it was running with no issues of the alternator with no drop I had started and stoped multiple times starts right up so don’t no were to go from here. Neutral safety switch on forward reverse handle a bad switch, bad connection at the starter?

I will test my batteries when I go back up Friday night but batteries read full charge and between the 2 of them they should start and stop the motor for weeks until dying.

nastytoys

Reaction score
Stock 496 ho here is what the problem is I’m cruising at 50 go to hit my trim button and my motor shuts down let off and motor comes back did that several times then I shit it off to float and go to start it and nothing not a beep or any kind of flicker on gauges so I switch batteries nothing no engine hatch nothing so I try both nothing get towed back to marina go to the house plug my charger slash battery tender in over night meanwhile I’m looking over everything I did find the serpentine belt a little loose for my liking and the positive cable loose tightens both up went out in the morning after being on charger all night full power so I just put the boat in the marina and ran it and stoped it for an hour or so all was good colt gauge stays at 13-14 go back out cruise around start stop it several times all seems well time to head home and pull in marina go to put on trailer and same shit nothing no hatch no nothing switch battery and nothing I’m not leaning towards batteries because they look brand new and I think they said they put new one in plus obviously it was running with no issues of the alternator with no drop I had started and stoped multiple times starts rite up so don’t no were to go from here neutral safety switch on forward reverse handle a bad switch bad connection at the starter I will test my batteries when I go back up Friday night but batteries read full charge and between the 2 of them they should start and stop the motor for weeks until dying
I also talked with mark at savage marine seems very knowledgeable and seems like a stand up guy

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Stock 496 ho here is what the problem is I’m cruising at 50 go to hit my trim button and my motor shuts down let off and motor comes back did that several times then I shit it off to float and go to start it and nothing not a beep or any kind of flicker on gauges so I switch batteries nothing no engine hatch nothing so I try both nothing get towed back to marina go to the house plug my charger slash battery tender in over night meanwhile I’m looking over everything I did find the serpentine belt a little loose for my liking and the positive cable loose tightens both up went out in the morning after being on charger all night full power so I just put the boat in the marina and ran it and stoped it for an hour or so all was good colt gauge stays at 13-14 go back out cruise around start stop it several times all seems well time to head home and pull in marina go to put on trailer and same shit nothing no hatch no nothing switch battery and nothing I’m not leaning towards batteries because they look brand new and I think they said they put new one in plus obviously it was running with no issues of the alternator with no drop I had started and stoped multiple times starts rite up so don’t no were to go from here neutral safety switch on forward reverse handle a bad switch bad connection at the starter I will test my batteries when I go back up Friday night but batteries read full charge and between the 2 of them they should start and stop the motor for weeks until dying
d4cb53ffeab523116216d3f5d110ff74489c09f71b881e7dc83ae2fb04f93d20.jpg

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I have used absolute and had good luck. Your issue does not sound like it is a serious one, sounds like a reputable shop should be able to diagnose and repair it same day. I would call a few shops and ask when can they look at it and when they diagnose it will they fix it right away. If you store it in Havasu I would make sure they will do the pick up and drop off and If for any reason your boat is not going to be done same day or day after id ask for them to put it back into your storage until they have all the parts and will be fixing it. As busy as all of these reputable shops get out in Havasu non of them have the room to store your boat inside if its not currently being worked on.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

It is most likely a ground or +12V issue somewhere.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
After 40 years of doing the same job. Why yes I am perfect at it ....

How hard is it squeezing udders all day!! Better be perfect by now sucka!:D

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Give so-cal a try.. Been nothing but happy with mario and george! Great guys

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Mistakes happen when a guy isn’t thinking about what they are doing ....

milkmoney

Reaction score
Udderly amazing!
Isnt it....moooooovin on.....

Walked into a certain boat shop today to speak with them about a issue I been having, to schedule a time to get it fixed ..

While in the middle of the conversation , apparently the people that drove from Texas were more important to talk to about the street party ......maybe I should of told him that I came from north Dakota, I drove more miles.

Go next door to Robinson automotive, you will get the customer service you deserve ...

[emoji202]

rush1

Reaction score
DeCucci boats did some work for me last year,was quick and very resonable

Springfield

Reaction score
Recently needed work done on a 454. Lance Oster, Bucket Marine, was recommended by an inmate here at RDP. Lance did a good job for a fair price and in a short amount of time. Visited with him for a while and saw his clean operation here in LHC. He’s a very experienced engine builder and very boat knowledgeable. Believe engines larger than mine are really his thing. Ph 928 486 8637

X2

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
I would pay to have it brought to or bring it to Quality Performance Marine in Corona Rob knows his stuff and fixs it fast and reasonably. Been there done that with Havasu guys!

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I have used Chris at Prestige since 2007 and that is the only place I go. From the other shops I have seen his is the absolute cleanest in town and they provide indoor storage while my boat is there.

I have heard many great things about Aaron and Absolute, Chris at Prestige speaks very highly of them as well..... But I couldn’t handle the dirty shop and my boat sitting outside and on the street during the day..... OCD much???[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk