WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Car Wash

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Went to Car Toyz to get our Suburban washed etc. I asked for Full Service. The girl apologized and said she was sorry, but that would be an 1.5 hour wait. She said they’re terribly understaffed and unable to get any new hires. I thanked her for being upfront about the crazy wait time and left. Bad deal. Sign of the times? If that continues, not sure how long they can survive. Those wonderful Biden Bucs in action!!

PlanB

Reaction score
Last time I was there it was almost two hours to get my car washed. The few employees that were working were complaining about people sitting at home collecting government money and not wanting to work. They do a good job there, but two hours for a wash is too much...

TCHB

Reaction score
I just had my car washed in Henderson. Very quick!

TCHB

Reaction score
I spent most of Sunday at the Mandaly Bay resort. The place was spotless and lots of people. Their were workers everywher!
4D9ACC00-3F07-494E-A195-6AC3FFD88BBD.jpeg
4D9ACC00-3F07-494E-A195-6AC3FFD88BBD.jpeg
F91EBC1C-AEDF-47FC-8E85-D3D25C762DFF.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Almost all of the car washed in havasu shut down because of lack of employees.. car toys is the only one that is still open.

2Driver

Reaction score
Job openings just released this morning just jumped from 9M open to 10M openings. Unreal.

Reactions: DWC

spark2678

Reaction score
Waited 2 hours a month ago at Car Toyz. Told me 45min-1hr. :mad:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
car toys lost my business 2 years ago. will never spend a cent with them ever again. fuck em

plenty of mobile guys and detail shops i will gladly spend my money with if needed.

yeah I’m on that same train.. I went there and walked up to the audio side of the building and some dude started yelling at me.. like literally yelling at me about customers privacy issues.. wtf?

So I walked back over to the place where you wait for the cars and some other dude started yelling at me about walking where the cars come up. I was a little bewildered by the whole thing.. I started laughing when he said “You never know what those cars are going to do when they come out of the tunnel.”

I just waited for my truck to get done and left.. never went back.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Went to Car Toyz to get our Suburban washed etc. I asked for Full Service. The girl apologized and said she was sorry, but that would be an 1.5 hour wait. She said they’re terribly understaffed and unable to get any new hires. I thanked her for being upfront about the crazy wait time and left. Bad deal. Sign of the times? If that continues, not sure how long they can survive. Those wonderful Biden Bucs in action!!

That place was awful in 2015 (last time I gave them a shot), let alone giving them another 6 years to chase the lowest common denominator. There are plenty of mobile wash options here in havasu that will give you a better bang for the buck..

JM21

Reaction score
Lazy fucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC2010

Reaction score
I only get the $12 wash at cartoyz. I've never once had the interior of any vehicle done correctly by them. I'm not gonna sit and bash them, it just is what it is.

Reactions: mjc

petie6464

Reaction score
Went by Habit a couple days ago, closed, went by Dos Amigos, closed. .went by a local boat shop closed. I guess it's the new way business hours are; "whenever"

TCHB

Reaction score
Remember Havasu over 65 year old make up 35% of the population. That is twice as old to the rest of US. I have wondered how many actual full time residents in Havasu. just look around and you see a lot of locked up homes.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Went by Habit a couple days ago, closed, went by Dos Amigos, closed. .went by a local boat shop closed. I guess it's the new way business hours are; "whenever"
Dos Amigos lost their cook to cancer, they also closed Burgers by the Bridge for a day in his honor.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

I had the same thing happen to me about three weeks ago. I went in wanting the full service, was told that was 1.5 hours (honestly the full service tent line was several cars deep), and just opted for their Exterior only option and then vacuumed out my own car.

I didnt ask about why it was 1.5 hours, I just knew I didnt have that time to spend that day. Though I have spent almost that much time in the past there for the full service on busy days.

Maybe you gotta go mid-week? I'm always going on weekends or Fridays.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Remember Havasu over 65 year old make up 35% of the population. That is twice as old to the rest of US. I have wondered how many actual full time residents in Havasu. just look around and you see a lot of locked up homes.

The bigger factor is the cost of housing for low level employees....hard to have a roof over your head at $10/hr. The leadership of the town missed the boat on rent stabilized workforce housing...it honestly would have benefited everyone here... Can't bitch about not getting your car vacuumed when the guy doing the vacuuming can't afford to rent a room. I'm anti-minimum wage...but about half of my career has been spent in the development/management/modernization of "rent controlled" income restricted housing....it serves a purpose...and actually works out well for long term investors.

RodnJen

Reaction score
With all the transplants over the last few years, demand for labor is exceeding supply.

dspracing

Reaction score
There was supposed to be a surf Thru car wash opening in town but it seems to be well beyond the scheduled opening date. I wonder if they canned the idea.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The bigger factor is the cost of housing for low level employees....hard to have a roof over your head at $10/hr. The leadership of the town missed the boat on rent stabilized workforce housing...it honestly would have benefited everyone here... Can't bitch about not getting your car vacuumed when the guy doing the vacuuming can't afford to rent a room. I'm anti-minimum wage...but about half of my career has been spent in the development/management/modernization of "rent controlled" income restricted housing....it serves a purpose...and actually works out well for long term investors.

He’s right ya know

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
The only experience I have with any havasu car wash is.. we came in to town with a blown Hallet/Rayson and it had a bunch of road grime on the outside from the trip. We pull in, tell them what we want. One guy gets everything set up. DI water trailer over to the boat, ect. Some other kid comes over grabs the gun and starts spraying off the side. We look over and he lifts the gun up and points it downward. We start yelling "whoa whoa" what are you doing? Looks right at us and says "what? You dont want me to do the inside?". "Umm, no, just the outside please!" Good thing we didnt go sit in the waiting room..🤣🤣

Last edited:

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
All this bitching about car washes and lack of labor but a new boat shop opens up in town with a big building and some gel coat repair and everyone jumps on the bandwagon about it and says stop being so negative. Lol. Where is that labor force coming from? And we were told we needed to get laid or something!! You guys are funny.

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score

True. Can you imagine how that would have gone over at the ballot box?

DWC

Reaction score
No one wash their own car? I do one or both every Sunday night. It is the closest thing to meditation that I do.
View attachment 1035911
Yep, still do 95% of the time. Used a mobile detailer for a short time when i had the Mustang. They scratched and swirled the F out of it and never went back. Use Meguiars products for the most part. Detailer spray mostly, Quik Wax or spray Hybrid Ceramic when it gets tough to clean. Did a full detail of the wheels and interior yesterday.
My new favorite is the Cerakote for trim/plastic. I’ve tried the other black out products and SC1.
This stuff seems to be the real deal.

F3252328-3FB5-40C8-85F4-3D14737ED21D.jpeg
B9488BC9-EA0D-4E03-A9BA-E5F882CCA14D.jpeg
783FA825-1F76-4EB6-BE19-9B8EE7E2EC6E.jpeg
1AF4650A-A33E-411D-99A1-185F0D73D875.jpeg

Been a couple days since the wash but still looking good.
39E3B7B9-FF77-4BBB-9EE9-20EF7C916527.jpeg

Last edited:

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Someone like Griots Garage :)
I have a collection at home as well
Yes. Love the Ceramic Wax. In reality I can see using a car wash if you don’t have soft water… I do… I don’t care how fast you are drying, you will get water spot without it and it’s a pain to remove. And everyone on here knows how shitty the water out of the faucet is.

KevinR

Reaction score

I must be old school. I still wash/wipe down/wax and detail my cars. Jeez.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Not sure about Havasu tomorrow but here it is supposed to rain. Some monsoons coming back……….supposedly. :p 40% tomorrow. Get your raincheck!:p

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Not only being old school but I adimit…. I have zero patience. I would not wait 2 hours for a car wash. Or anything else except a dr or emergency room where that is no choice. I cannot no way see the logic in the 25 car line at in n out in Kingman every night. I never ever do driv through for anything. Too grumpy for that shit. :p

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Havasu tomorrow but here it is supposed to rain. Some monsoons coming back……….supposedly. :p 40% tomorrow. Get your raincheck!:p

here ??

I make the dang mistake too often.... where’s here?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
All this bitching about car washes and lack of labor but a new boat shop opens up in town with a big building and some gel coat repair and everyone jumps on the bandwagon about it and says stop being so negative. Lol. Where is that labor force coming from? And we were told we needed to get laid or something!! You guys are funny.

There’s a bit of a difference between non skilled labor not showing up for jobs, and skilled labor actually showing up for jobs?

I’m thinkin ya owe me a 30pk! 🤪

EarpRider

Reaction score
I have my entire life, but now that I live in Havasu it's kinda hard to do 3 months out of the year.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
He’s right ya know

When I was at Car Toyz a month ago I asked the greeter that assist you in making your selection and she stated the starting wage was $15 and change to start. Not enough to buy a house and new car but decent for a first job. She mentioned she was happy working there.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
There’s a bit of a difference between non skilled labor not showing up for jobs, and skilled labor actually showing up for jobs?

I’m thinkin ya owe me a 30pk! [emoji2957]

Question? Is the construction industry considered skilled labor? If so, how the F do I get them to show up to build a block wall? Pour concrete? Or make an RV gate in Havasu? 😬

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score
you don’t need the ballot box. You need informed private investment. I’m not going to say more.

Private investment doesn’t happen unless you dance with the devil. It requires zoning and approval at the local level.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
When I was at Car Toyz a month ago I asked the greeter that assist you in making your selection and she stated the starting wage was $15 and change to start. Not enough to buy a house and new car but decent for a first job. She mentioned she was happy working there.

15$ an hour doesn’t pay rent so the people doing car washes are minors and or work several jobs to pay rent