JFMFG

Reaction score
How much truth is behind this?

A3CD30CA-B742-4C24-A751-A40B0A66232C.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
LOL... yeah that's bullshit.

Some cops were telling people down in Parker (on the California side) the same thing.. Only to turn around and open the launch ramps again the next day?

I'm not sure what Dept can decide to close the water ways down either... Unless that Dept said "Coastguard" in the name.

RD

JFMFG

Reaction score
LOL... yeah that's bullshit.

Some cops were telling people down in Parker (on the California side) the same thing.. Only to turn around and open the launch ramps again the next day?

I'm not sure what Dept can decide to close the water ways down either... Unless that Dept said "Coastguard" in the name.

RD

I figured thanks RD guess I’ll be digging the boat out of the warehouse this weekend and getting it ready.

c_land

Reaction score
Waters of the United States. It is way above the county of San Bernardino to make a call like that.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Waters of the United States. It is way above the county of San Bernardino to make a call like that.
They could close launch ramps...Crit did. Mead authorities closed their launch ramps... Think it is easier to close than folks give credit. Coast guard would need to help with compliance but the authorities on either side of the river could close the ramps and access.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They could close launch ramps...Crit did. Mead authorities closed their launch ramps... Think it is easier to close than folks give credit. Coast guard would need to help with compliance but the authorities on either side of the river could close the ramps and access.

Closing Ramps is one thing.. Closing the water is another.

The Marina is a private ramp as well.. So on what authority would SBD have to tell them to close down in AZ?

RD

77charger

Reaction score
Only thing sbsd can do is close the ramps and shoreline on the ca side. But if you hit the water before or can’t see you hit the water nothing they can do unless you beach on the shore

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
That cannot close the lake only access to lake . Coast guard or federal have the right to shut down natural waterways coastguard is going out there I posted it last week

Boat 405

Reaction score
Many folks are forgetting one big thing about closing things down. Where does money come from to run just about everything "government related" city, state, and federal?

Taxes. Many cities before this crisis had huge debts piling up, many due to unpaid pensions. These cities make all their money from taxes, i.e. sales tax as being a huge one. Occupancy taxes, Gasoline taxes, fees for building inspections and permits, fees for just about anything general consumption it would seem. Oddly enough many people have probably seen that they have suspended recycling programs in CA, (where you would collect your CRV from returning cans and bottles), but they have not suspended collecting the CRV on the front end.... just food for thought.

Sooner rather than later city and state governments are going to have to open things back up to get a cash flow coming again. Closing things down further isn't going to help and especially when it starts to hit them in the pocket book.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
BLM can control access,BOR can control waters related to Dams, Dept of Interior controls the BOR and has tremendous power that is far reaching and in many cases can exert power until questioned.

C-2

Reaction score
When I was the safety coordinator for DS I used to speak with the Coast Guard frequently. One of the Chief's told me they can close the lake on short notice and have it enforced by both counties.

Where's BC, or does he only surf the Parker section?

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Its complete bs. Straight from a SBSD Deputy lol. The Sheriff‘sdepartment wont be doing this. Army Corp of Engineers actually controls the water to the high water mark. We only enforce federal and state laws. Stay safe out there.

Hammer

Reaction score

The Marina is a private ramp as well.. So on what authority would SBD have to tell them to close down in AZ?

RD

Non essential business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

702sandman

Reaction score
So why can’t I just go to lake mead and boat ?? I thought they couldn’t shut us down here at mead but guess what they closed that shit on us. We can’t even get to the water unless u walk in. So I hope they don’t close havasu on you guys but what is the difference from havasu to mead ?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I'm guessing the city of Havasu didn't put this out.

No.

I actually grabbed it from Forest River Marine, the manufacturer of Trifecta, Berkshire and Southbay pontoons.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
So why can’t I just go to lake mead and boat ?? I thought they couldn’t shut us down here at mead but guess what they closed that shit on us. We can’t even get to the water unless u walk in. So I hope they don’t close havasu on you guys but what is the difference from havasu to mead ?
I think there’s more raving lunatic gun nuts in Havasu.😂🙃😎

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score

Mead and Mohave are designated National Recreation Areas operated by The National Park Service.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

The difference is that lake mead is part of a national park and recreational area. Same as Powell. Parks, bathrooms, some roads, marinas and launching facilities in those areas fall under the feds.

702sandman

Reaction score
The difference is that lake mead is part of a national park and recreational area. Same as Powell. Parks, bathrooms, some roads, marinas and launching facilities in those areas fall under the feds.

You guys should be fine then. I was at the ramp at the bottom of industrial on Sunday and the lady at the entrance said there were no plans of shutting lake havasu down, but she did say things can change on a moments notice. Keep fingers crossed

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
May confuse things, but at the Landing first they closed the launch ramp. I was in my slip, so I thought I beat it. Then they closed the marina. Roped off the end of each pier to each other. I had to get security to open the ramp and allow me to take down the pier barriers to get my boat out. That was Sunday (I think, can't keep the days straight). We're high and dry...

Andy B.

Reaction score
Mead and Mohave are designated National Recreation Areas operated by The National Park Service.

Just goes to show you how fucked up the government is and how they run things you can launch at Temple bar and be on the NV side in 15 minutes. But hey let's close the NV ramps fucking morons!!!@!

mbrown2

Reaction score

RD
On AZ side I was referring to law enforcement on the AZ side (either). Mead was able to close just based on the governor's direction but I did find it interesting that Mead seems to have a group that manages these sorts of decisions unilaterally with the lake...likely since the lake is based in NV and not shared.