WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu dry cove camping

guest hs

Reaction score
Now that I have a boat we can spend the night in, we thought about some spring over nights before it gets to hot. Anyone know of any nice secluded sandy coves from Thompson’s Bay to Havasu Springs we could camp overnight. Not looking for places like Steamboat or 3 Dunes.

fmo24

Reaction score
Down by power lines across from the Springs. Not really sandy but nice campsites

edit: it has been a few years so not sure of condition of coves and beaches any more.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by "Now that I have a boat we can spend the night in" exactly... But last spring in April my wife and I spent 4 nights camping on the lake. Here are the locations on the map and some pics that might give you some idea of the shore conditions. I don't use/care about beaches because that is where other people camp and I don't like people.. We stayed one night up in the marshes in the gorge, which is my favorite, but my wife prefers to be closer to the bay. The place just south of the bay was cool because you could basically sit up on the bow and watch the evening hot runs people do from the bay to the dam and back. There were donkeys barking all night down in that area but it didn't bother me.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
we launched out of Havasu springs having towed the boat in from Phoenix Metro ... never left the boat or ventured off of it for 5 days, minus paddle boarding to the shore...

Reactions: DWC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yes, but I'd have to kill you if I told you.
Thank you, don't do the RiverWhips thing. Any good secret divulged on this or any website will no longer be your favorite spot to go.(refer to the cove with the dock stories)
A personal exchange is my preferred choice.
Come on now don’t do me like that
You want company in your secluded, sandy cove do ya?😊😊

Reactions: DWC

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Thank you, don't do the RiverWhips thing. Any good secret divulged on this or any website will no longer be your favorite spot to go.(refer to the cove with the dock stories)
A personal exchange is my preferred choice.

You want company in your secluded, sandy cove do ya?😊😊
I spent an entire day in this cove on a Saturday in the middle of July and never saw another boat.