WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu eats

racetrash

Reaction score
Leaving the Parkerhood and going up to Havasu for roofing stuff. Any good lunch places to surprise the mrs??

DLC

Reaction score
Boat House on the island is good also!

wife loves the Crab Louie salad

Saturday we had fish tacos and loaded tots

841CF9CA-B54A-4EFD-9222-A2FBB61FB1D8.jpeg
7794A4E8-0807-4B42-B154-310DC7C7E626.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Boat House on the island is good also!

wife loves the Crab Louie salad

Saturday we had fish tacos and loaded tots

BoatHouse is closed Tuesday & Wednesday!
Now the good news - Rick H has been removed from day to day operations at any Islander business and his days of being a business partner are limited. This will be great news for all Islander businesses

DLC

Reaction score
Blue Chair is also good!

lol

DLC

Reaction score
fish and chips are good, I haven’t had a burger they are big / over sized but look good

QUOTE="LargeOrangeFont, post: 4151281, member: 17700"]
I haven't been there yet, need to try it.
[/QUOTE]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
BoatHouse is closed Tuesday & Wednesday!
Now the good news - Rick H has been removed from day to day operations at any Islander business and his days of being a business partner are limited. This will be great news for all Islander businesses

That whole deal is getting ugly.. Ray Charles saw it coming though.. he was pretty out of control. He pulled a gun on a guy for supposedly speeding in the parking lot. 😳

Now there is a lawsuit and sexual harassment allegations and all kinds of shit going on.

I was under the impression Rick owner the whole thing by the way he acted.. I was shocked to find out he was a minority owner in that program.

He kicked detail specialties out of their to make more room for his car collection…. 😳. From what I hear the majority owners had no idea, and weren’t to happy to find out about it. Whole thing is crazy..

Singleton

Reaction score
That whole deal is getting ugly.. Ray Charles saw it coming though.. he was pretty out of control. He pulled a gun on a guy for supposedly speeding in the parking lot. 😳

Now there is a lawsuit and sexual harassment allegations and all kinds of shit going on.

I was under the impression Rick owner the whole thing by the way he acted.. I was shocked to find out he was a minority owner in that program.

He kicked detail specialties out of their to make more room for his car collection…. 😳. From what I hear the majority owners had no idea, and weren’t to happy to find out about it. Whole thing is crazy..

Majority owner had no idea WTF was going on. Not sure how you own something and don’t know what is going on, but glad he finally got involved. Ken (majority owner), has stopped any park model expansion (he only approved row 1), and stopped other things Rick was doing via intimidation of team members, etc. Everyone I spoke to was happy and said the stress level is decreasing each day. Rick will not be back.

Met the guy this weekend who had the gun pulled on him in the driveway. Saw the video of the gun being pulled on the kids in the jacuzzi (this is what triggered current events). Multiple lawsuit and RO against Rick.

LLGirl

sometimes Mr. LLGril ;)
Reaction score
That whole deal is getting ugly.. Ray Charles saw it coming though.. he was pretty out of control. He pulled a gun on a guy for supposedly speeding in the parking lot. [emoji15]

He kicked detail specialties out of their to make more room for his car collection…. [emoji15]. From what I hear the majority owners had no idea, and weren’t to happy to find out about it. Whole thing is crazy..

We thought he owned the whole thing too, we were shocked to find out last weekend that he’s basically out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
Majority owner had no idea WTF was going on. Not sure how you own something and don’t know what is going on, but glad he finally got involved. Ken (majority owner), has stopped any park model expansion (he only approved row 1), and stopped other things Rick was doing via intimidation of team members, etc. Everyone I spoke to was happy and said the stress level is decreasing each day. Rick will not be back.

Met the guy this weekend who had the gun pulled on him in the driveway. Saw the video of the gun being pulled on the kids in the jacuzzi (this is what triggered current events). Multiple lawsuit and RO against Rick.
Holy shit. Why the hell do you pull a gun on anyone much less kids in a jacuzzi. That’s a train wreck.
PS. Where is said video. Asking for a friend.

Singleton

Reaction score
Holy shit. Why the hell do you pull a gun on anyone much less kids in a jacuzzi. That’s a train wreck.

no comment :)
someone I was BS’ing with while securing the boat on the beach showed it to me.

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t know who all these people are…..

my wife likes a salad and they have cold beer

i didn’t know hey had a hot tub at the restaurant…..

petie6464

Reaction score
The blue chair. .I've gone there twice, literally open up the back of a Cisco truck, opening a few cans and cut opening a bag of pre seasoned meat product, heat it up an throw it on a plate; Garbage.

petie6464

Reaction score
Dolce, been there too. The food was basically caned sauces and pasta.

There was this little guy with kinky long hair running around that obviously had to many drinks, later I was told he was the owner. 🙄

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
The blue chair. .I've gone there twice, literally open up the back of a Cisco truck, opening a few cans and cut opening a bag of pre seasoned meat product, heat it up an throw it on a plate; Garbage.
No wonder you don’t like any of the food anywhere you’re eating computer parts.😁

Sysco, H & O, Shamrock etc… all deliver to all these restaurants, some cooks/chefs are better than others.🤷‍♀️

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Cisco or Sysco? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score

We’ve been 0 for 2 there lol

hallett21

Reaction score
Must’ve been the Cisco truck parked out back[emoji23][emoji13]

Lol we’ve tried them all it seems. Mexican joints are the best and if you wanna go all out, bring it with you and cook at home.

petie6464

Reaction score
Just spit out a 💾 🤣

There are no bad employees only bad owners that have no culinary skills, hiring drugged out line cooks don't help their cause either.

I would be curious if even one of the restaurants in town owner had a culinary education or even took a vocational class on basic cooking?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Just spit out a 💾 🤣

There are no bad employees only bad owners that have no culinary skills, hiring drugged out line cooks don't help their cause either.

I would be curious if even one of the restaurants in town owner had a culinary education or even took a vocational class on basic cooking?
Now you’ve peaked my curiosity, do you have a Culinary background?

petie6464

Reaction score
Now you’ve peaked my curiosity, do you have a Culinary background?

No. I just started cooking. .fifty two years ago. My personal hand written cook book is about 2" thick, some of the dishes are ok.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The bigger question is how do you stay out of jail after pointing a loaded weapon at unarmed children???

badgas

Reaction score
Some good meals I have had in Havasu that I will or would repeat.

Rosaattis Pizza : Thin crust , Sausage, Peperonni, Mushroom and Girardinera hot mix.

Juicy's : Pot Roast stroganoff

That is about all I can remember 😐

The sad thing with most restaurants is that they don't even try and that goes for Havasu and So Cal. If you cook a lot ( and I do ) you will really be disappointed with restaurants. I would say 90% of the dining out we do is out of convience not because we are planning and seeking out a great place so I should not be surprised.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

I think you were under the same impression a lot of people were...super fucked up the way he did Chris on that whole situation. Hadn't heard about the gun incident...he's lucky he didn't get himself killed pulling shit like that.

DWC

Reaction score
Some good meals I have had in Havasu that I will or would repeat.

Rosaattis Pizza : Thin crust , Sausage, Peperonni, Mushroom and Girardinera hot mix.

Juicy's : Pot Roast stroganoff

That is about all I can remember 😐

The sad thing with most restaurants is that they don't even try and that goes for Havasu and So Cal. If you cook a lot ( and I do ) you will really be disappointed with restaurants. I would say 90% of the dining out we do is out of convience not because we are planning and seeking out a great place so I should not be surprised.
I don’t blame the owners for lack of trying. Getting enough qualified people to run the kitchens is nearly impossible. My 2 favorite places at home are a train wreck. One has cut my go to’s off the menu because they can’t keep cooks long enough to figure them out. Their homemade chips taste like they’re day old. The other is a mom and pop chophouse that has F’d up my steak one too many times. I feel bad for the owners and servers that are showing up to work.

badgas

Reaction score
I don’t blame the owners for lack of trying. Getting enough qualified people to run the kitchens is nearly impossible. My 2 favorite places at home are a train wreck. One has cut my go to’s off the menu because they can’t keep cooks long enough to figure them out. Their homemade chips taste like they’re day old. The other is a mom and pop chophouse that has F’d up my steak one too many times. I feel bad for the owners and servers that are showing up to work.

I agree that it is tough for all business owners right now. However long before Covid many restaurants were serving mediocre garbage food with quaity much lower that you would buy walking into a grocery store. My point point was that if you cook a lot you will not be happy because in most cases you can make something much better for a fraction of the cost.

DWC

Reaction score
I agree that it is tough for all business owners right now. However long before Covid many restaurants were serving mediocre garbage food with quaity much lower that you would buy walking into a grocery store. My point point was that if you cook a lot you will not be happy because in most cases you can make something much better for a fraction of the cost.
Agree 100%. We’ve had a lot going on this year in addition to being recent empty nesters. It’s much easier to pull the plug on making dinner and eat out with just 2 mouths to feed. The local chophouse is walking distance. Bummer for them is stater bros is only 100yrds farther. Much more likely to hit the butcher counter now than chophouse. Way cheaper and I don’t F up the meat. It’s kinda sad because they were packed for a couple months when they didn’t obey the lockdown. Now it’s fairly empty as others have opened and the quality took a shit.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Agree 100%. We’ve had a lot going on this year in addition to being recent empty nesters. It’s much easier to pull the plug on making dinner and eat out with just 2 mouths to feed. The local chophouse is walking distance. Bummer for them is stater bros is only 100yrds farther. Much more likely to hit the butcher counter now than chophouse. Way cheaper and I don’t F up the meat. It’s kinda sad because they were packed for a couple months when they didn’t obey the lockdown. Now it’s fairly empty as others have opened and the quality took a shit.
[/QUOTE
I had dinner twice at the Chophouse. Food was good, service terrible, cocktails $18-25 Vegas prices in Chino WTF!

DWC

Reaction score
I stick to silver bullets or 805’s. It’s not too painful then. I have sat at the bar a few times and listened to the “mixologist”. He’s pretty proud of his creations.
The girls usually aren’t too bad. The gym buddies are brutal.