WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Fitness has Closed for good

Havazoo

Reaction score
Doug Ducey's ONE SIZE FITS ALL approach has caused another business to close their doors for good, shameful.... Yet to hear of any Covid cases coming out of the Fitness industry.
I speak from my personal experience, Havasu Fitness couldn't have been more committed and had done a better job in providing a healthy environment for both their staff and members alike.

Havasu Fitness after 26 wonderful years in business has made a gut wrenching and heartfelt decision to close permanently. The decision to close is based on economic realities and the ongoing uncertainty brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic with no relief in-site for the fitness industry. It is unfortunate that “FITNESS” has not been perceived as essential during the Covid-19 pandemic. The “TEAM” at Havasu Fitness has done everything within our power to comply with the CDC guidelines and to provide you our “Family” and “Staff” a safe and surgically clean environment to pursue your health and wellness goals. We took responsibility seriously but it didn’t change the outcome. Never in our wildest dreams did we imagine closing Havasu Fitness. The reality is it’s not salable when the doors are open and closed by executive order and classified as high risk by the financial world due to Covid-19. The destiny of the health club industry as we know it has forever changed.

This sucks !!

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
They been hurting for awhile son invester are asking for money get your story straight . It going to happen all over Havasu

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
My gym moved everything outside yesterday. They never closed the second time but started racking up fines. We’ll see how long they last
28235E13-393C-4DB2-8E2A-1512C495094E.jpeg
289E7CA9-7245-4E55-B555-F4D0AB19E8DC.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
ZERO community spread from gyms like Havasu Fitness and 24ht Fitness.
My wife got the report today, all community spread issues in CA reported from a gym were from small CrossFit type of gyms.

Last edited:

USMC2010

Reaction score
My wife got the report today, all community spread issues in CA were from small CrossFit type of gyms.
I had a meeting with my doc the other day, she said it was mostly the bars from the positive tests of patients she sees. I don't see gyms being a huge contributor to this if they had been allowed to stay open

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
It’s not political it’s bad investment son . Had opportunity to buy a parcel in Havasu well known area smart investors wait till the new year

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
24 hour fitness have been under water for years I called on a post bk you disagreed then bk posted on my assets list

Singleton

Reaction score
I had a meeting with my doc the other day, she said it was mostly the bars from the positive tests of patients she sees. I don't see gyms being a huge contributor to this if they had been allowed to stay open

those identified from gyms. Almost everything is bar/restaurants

USMC2010

Reaction score
those identified from gyms. Almost everything is bar/restaurants
Wasn't countering what you said. I can't believe what we are allowing our reps to do to us. It is mindboggling.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Wow it’s the protest youngbloods bringing back home be safe and just respect fellow Americans

Singleton

Reaction score
24 hour fitness have been under water for years I called on a post bk you disagreed then bk posted on my assets list

they had ZERO Plans to file BK. Decision was made in June 10th. They were in process of doing a debt refinance, that got killed due to C19. You said BK way before the decision date and that date comes from the CEO (my wife was on the call).

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Just re-open and Call it a peaceful protest against fascism. It seems to work in Portland or Seattle.🙄

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Wow it’s the protest youngbloods bringing back home be safe and just respect fellow Americans
They been hurting for awhile son invester are asking for money get your story straight . It going to happen all over Havasu
It’s not political it’s bad investment son . Had opportunity to buy a parcel in Havasu well known area smart investors wait till the new year

Translation?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Ducey is a POS regardless of party.

See how that works Bobby? Call them what they are regardless which slime ball party they associate with [emoji106]
I did not vote for him in the primary but come election day he was "better" than the competition. He has performed about as I thought he would....poorly.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I did not vote for him in the primary but come election day he was "better" than the competition. He has performed about as I thought he would....poorly.
This has been a problem in Arizona for a long time, unfortunately the tide is turning and the RINO’s are just trying to keep getting reelected.☹️

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Trump is a Republican. Ducey is a Republican. The mayor is a Republican. All state reps are Republicans. The congressman is Republican. Sorry, Democrats are guilty of a lot of things, but mismanaging this pandemic is not one of them.
Looks like they’re coming out of the woodwork.😊

USMC2010

Reaction score
Trump is a Republican. Ducey is a Republican. The mayor is a Republican. All state reps are Republicans. The congressman is Republican. Sorry, Democrats are guilty of a lot of things, but mismanaging this pandemic is not one of them.
Sinema is as far from R as it gets. About the only person that has done good for Havasu has been Gosar. The rest need to go.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
This a Pandemic Death Toll
1918 Pandemic
It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world's population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

rrrr

Reaction score

You signed up to post that? Let's discuss Cuomo (32,772 dead), Murphy (15,819 dead), and Newsom (9,079 dead).

That's 57, 670 dead people in three states run by Democrat governors and mayors. Wanna do NY first? Cuomo killed 6,700 elderly people by forcing nursing homes to house COVID-19 infected patients. Please explain how that isn't mismanagement.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Forget political sides my buddy and tree company owner in Pasadena fighting for his life at the Huntington hospital 45 year old Boater and hunting partner healthy shit is out it’s not a joke

USMC2010

Reaction score
Forget political sides my buddy and tree company owner in Pasadena fighting for his life at the Huntington hospital 45 year old Boater and hunting partner healthy shit is out it’s not a joke
Sorry to hear that. My doctor has lost more than one family member to this and still hasn't changed her stance on it. The painful simple fact is, it will take who it takes. Locking down the country for months on end will not change that. A vaccine rushed to production...if it even happens, will not work for everyone and there will still be lives loss.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
You signed up to post that? Let's discuss Cuomo (32,772 dead), Murphy (15,819 dead), and Newsom (9,079 dead).

That's 57, 670 dead people in three states run by Democrat governors and mayors. Wanna do NY first? Cuomo killed 6,700 elderly people by forcing nursing homes to house COVID-19 infected patients. Please explain how that isn't mismanagement.
I think you stumped him.🤔. 😊

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Ducey is a POS regardless of party.

See how that works Bobby? Call them what they are regardless which slime ball party they associate with [emoji106]
So your thank a (D) at the polls was just a joke. Got it. 👍

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
GTFOH...........[emoji2357][emoji2357][emoji2357]

Sometimes I see some mind boggling posts on here but this one just takes the cake.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WildWilly

Reaction score
getting that email was a blow. The shit we've dealt with this year has been fucked up, that gym was the place I got away from it for a minute. With the first shut down, working out at home with limited tools, I just focused on getting back in there as a "things back to normal". When they reopened they went over and above any requirements and that place was the cleanest place in this city hands down. and then the second stupid shut down. Seeing them give up like this is just representative of lots of businesses and individuals.....lots of us are at our wits end with this shit. We are seeing higher suidcides, drug arrests and overdoses, videos every day of people losing their shit in public for dumb shit.....the mental impacts of this bullshit are far more reaching that the physical impacts....and yes I'm one of the lucky people in Havasu that got Covid and suffered through it and I still feel like the mental aspects of all this shit is worse.

67 baron sprint LD 390 FE

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. My doctor has lost more than one family member to this and still hasn't changed her stance on it. The painful simple fact is, it will take who it takes. Locking down the country for months on end will not change that. A vaccine rushed to production...if it even happens, will not work for everyone and there will still be lives loss.
Exactly , politics aside , just common sense like you’re saying , it stinks but can’t close this place
down for ever.

67 baron sprint LD 390 FE

Reaction score
getting that email was a blow. The shit we've dealt with this year has been fucked up, that gym was the place I got away from it for a minute. With the first shut down, working out at home with limited tools, I just focused on getting back in there as a "things back to normal". When they reopened they went over and above any requirements and that place was the cleanest place in this city hands down. and then the second stupid shut down. Seeing them give up like this is just representative of lots of businesses and individuals.....lots of us are at our wits end with this shit. We are seeing higher suidcides, drug arrests and overdoses, videos every day of people losing their shit in public for dumb shit.....the mental impacts of this bullshit are far more reaching that the physical impacts....and yes I'm one of the lucky people in Havasu that got Covid and suffered through it and I still feel like the mental aspects of all this shit is worse.
My wife and I have been going to havasu fitness for about 10 yrs , we know the place very well, Our kids went to the daycare there for years. We have made good friends at the gym. This is very sad and upsetting for everyone . For A majority of the older clients It was a place for them to get out and get the exercise and social interaction, it’s 120 now , and they probably don’t have to many options. Somehow Vegas has their gyms completely open! This is sad , and I think there will be more businesses to follow.

PaPaG

Reaction score
It is sad when ever ANY business has to close due to others controlling their destiny especially when Government can tell certain businesses to close down and lose money and their livelihood vs letting other high traffic businesses or gatherings stay open due to pressure from lobbyists or political party affiliates it is an out right crime in my opinion. The things that have happened in AMERICA recently sure don't seem like it is AMERICA the FREE right now. JMO....

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Sinema is as far from R as it gets. About the only person that has done good for Havasu has been Gosar. The

Read the other day that Road Rage incidents are MORE crazy than ever. I have friends that are the Picture of "WHATEVER' and Calm/Mellow are a bit more tense.
This situation only gets worse with financial issues and the HEAT.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
My wife got the report today, all community spread issues in CA reported from a gym were from small CrossFit type of gyms.
Lol one of the cross fit gyms took down their sign and replaced it with a sign that just has 3 question marks across it “???” In Havasu

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
It was a 1.30 at first post my last post was yesterday at it was 4.86 bought 2000 shares yesterday just signed mlb and nfl and mls testing sell it at 8.00 should hit by mid sept depends on nfl starting