WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Fitness has Closed for good

2016ViperTA

Reaction score
Was this closing because of liability issues or inability to cover overhead costs ?

petie6464

Reaction score
That place had a reputation for not wanting people that actually wanted to work out. Bye-bye.

USMC2010

Reaction score
That place had a reputation for not wanting people that actually wanted to work out. Bye-bye.
Enlighten us. I was in it only once for a spin class about 7 years ago. I thought the place had a weird vibe but I don't celebrate "most any" business going under thanks to the government overreach. I always thought it would be planet fitness to put it under.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Gyms don’t make money in members that show up regularly and workout.

Gyms make money in signing up thousands of people who pay monthly dues and never workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
you keep saying that but give no reason. Hopefully nobody has listened to you over the last week.
View attachment 905473

The obvious lesson is to not to follow the advice of those on RDP that still can’t even type a coherent sentence with the help of spell check, autocorrect and autocomplete technologies.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol one of the cross fit gyms took down their sign and replaced it with a sign that just has 3 question marks across it “???” In Havasu

Nothing to do with Covid. She is probably dropping her affiliation over some things Greg Glassman(CF former CEO) has said.

Reactions: DWC

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Does writing a correct sentence a make you money no But makeing smart investments sure makes me happy and comfortable .life is about health family boating and hunting and straight having fun cheers son

Performance Grips

Reaction score
If they can't keep Havasu fitness open and safe during covid what gym can they? That gym was awsome. It was big spread out not crowded clean and never saw homeless people taking showers like LA and other cities. I went there during covid and it was super clean and very safe. That is a real bummer.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Does writing a correct sentence a make you money no But makeing smart investments sure makes me happy and comfortable .life is about health family boating and hunting and straight having fun cheers son
But the way you incessantly push that ticker makes you look like a desperate broker on a pump and dump scheme or else you have a long position and you’re just praying it’ll get back to where you were. If not and you made money good for you. If you’ve made 200 or 300% maybe you need to sell some of your position before it crashes. For God’s sake give it a rest nobody cares.🙄

WildWilly

Reaction score

I don't get this comment? myself as well as a few other guys I know worked out there regularly and lift quite heavy compared to most and I never felt anything but welcomed. Greeeted at the door by first name, said goodbye when I left. everyone there was always very friendly and if you needed a spot or help never a hesitation. I'd almost say it was friendly to a fault with so many people talking lol

Jimmyballpeen

Reaction score
I love Havasu fitness! I have been going to gyms for 30 years and that place was one of the best for me. Every time I come to town I pick up a pass. Gym is ALWAYS clean and staff is great! Weight plates and dumbbells are always racked (which is unheard of). I have been dying to make the permanent move to LHC and maybe they might be interested in selling now.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
ZERO community spread from gyms like Havasu Fitness and 24ht Fitness.
My wife got the report today, all community spread issues in CA reported from a gym were from small CrossFit type of gyms.
The left don’t do science.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Sweet. I actually go to Crunch. I think its a franchise though

So I found out it's the franchise locations that have the option to stay open. Corporate locations have closed.

Springfield

Reaction score

Performance Grips

Reaction score
Always lucky sellers when the city comes sniffn around to buy, they pay 2-3 times the market value, of course that is tax payers money not theirs.
I highly doubt 3 million is 2 to 3 times market value. Sounds like a great deal. Government shut them down and the government gets a new courthouse for a deal.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I highly doubt 3 million is 2 to 3 times market value. Sounds like a great deal. Government shut them down and the government gets a new courthouse for a deal.

IDK, selling an empty building for 3 million in AZ sounds like a good deal to me. I would suspect the purchase might have something to do with them closing permanently .

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
IDK, selling an empty building for 3 million in AZ sounds like a good deal to me. I would suspect the purchase might have something to do with them closing permanently .
Building and equipment. ;)

EmpirE231

Reaction score

That building is 20k SQFT
also includes their assets and wipes out the business.........

PlanB

Reaction score
Hmmm, a few days ago there was a story from the same source saying the city wanted to use it to expand the ASU campus.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
That building is 20k SQFT
also includes their assets and wipes out the business.........

Its sucks but still might be a good deal for the business owners. Not many people are out there looking to buy a struggling business or business property right now.

But if the owners weren't Millionaires they are now. There is a silver lining to everything.

instagator

Reaction score
Trump is a Republican. Ducey is a Republican. The mayor is a Republican. All state reps are Republicans. The congressman is Republican. Sorry, Democrats are guilty of a lot of things, but mismanaging this pandemic is not one of them.
If they do not agree with this, they should not be allowed to drive a car, no common sense

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Its sucks but still might be a good deal for the business owners. Not many people are out there looking to buy a struggling business or business property right now.

But if the owners weren't Millionaires they are now. There is a silver lining to everything.

look, I like your silver lining approach.... but this business would not be struggling or forced to sell to the city if the govt didn’t shut them down in the first place.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
look, I like your silver lining approach.... but this business would not be struggling or forced to sell to the city if the govt didn’t shut them down in the first place.

I totally agree with you. But someone did make 3 million dollars on the deal. Just stating what happened.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Ok, question for those with more experience in this area than me. Can the city make this substantial of a purchase without residential approval, i.e a vote? I don't see where it is a necessary building for "city use".

franky

Reaction score
Ok, question for those with more experience in this area than me. Can the city make this substantial of a purchase without residential approval, i.e a vote? I don't see where it is a necessary building for "city use".
Read the article!!

USMC2010

Reaction score
It is Havasu News. They lock that shit down and I don't pay for it. I can read up to the part of a municipal courthouse but I don't think that is needed.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It is Havasu News. They lock that shit down and I don't pay for it. I can read up to the part of a municipal courthouse but I don't think that is needed.
That's as far as I got also. The comments are pretty funny. :D

USMC2010

Reaction score
That's as far as I got also. The comments are pretty funny. :D
They usually are, lol. Either way I have a problem with a purchase of this number without public input.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

franky

Reaction score
They usually are, lol. Either way I have a problem with a purchase of this number without public input.

A new courthouse by the City Hall has been in the plan. Currently they pay the County to use theirs over on College Street. They had like $7.5M already approved to build. This makes perfect sense. The owners were trying to sell before this Covid deal then they got shut down. It is a win win.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I still don't get it. How is it a win-win? It's money that didn't need to be spent there and could have been done elsewhere. Have you seen the conditions of our streets? I've lived in many desert cities. Ours are the worst.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I still don't get it. How is it a win-win? It's money that didn't need to be spent there and could have been done elsewhere. Have you seen the conditions of our streets? I've lived in many desert cities. Ours are the worst.

I agree with you on the streets, but this city needs a court house also and they just saved a few million after the conversion instead of spending 7.5 million already approved, and it's right where they need it.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I agree with you on the streets, but this city needs a court house also and they just saved a few million after the conversion instead of spending 7.5 million already approved, and it's right where they need it.
What am I missing about the city needing a court house? Having been in one of those goat rope rooms in the last year all they do is money grab. How is it they don't get enough funding with the corruption in those rooms to pay the county for space already? What do I not know...I'm asking.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
What am I missing about the city needing a court house? Having been in one of those goat rope rooms in the last year all they do is money grab. How is it they don't get enough funding with the corruption in those rooms to pay the county for space already? What do I not know...I'm asking.
Not sure I have all the details myself, just seems that a city the size of Havasu would have their own facilities, and have been planing for a few years now on a court house. I haven't heard much opposition to it, but I'm not really that much of a watchdog.

WildWilly

Reaction score

what you are missing is the city doesnn't have one now. The co-op with the county facility was disolved a couple years back so they were paying them good money to "lease back" so to speak....or wasting money. at least this purchase is an asset, and for them the best option seeing that its directly linked to existig city buildings.

don't get me wrong. I'm not happy about losing the gym. there were 2 other offers from investors, one of which was guaranteed a gym and myself personnally was in the process of putting together another bid with some invnestors, but the city's offer of 3mil smoked us (and I'm told the others) so it was a no brainer for the owners. And for the city, already having an approved budget of 7.5mil, this was a deal that should save a few bucks in the long run, which as taxpayers, saved us I guess.

But it sure feels shady with the smell test on a few levels.