WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Floating Penthouse’s

84miller

Reaction score
Cheapest is 149K for 3 weeks a year. Wonder what the yearly fee is....and possible additional charges down the road. I think you could rent a place for 3 weeks cheaper in the long run. But being on the water would be a plus.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Interesting concept.

Hope for good neighbors I suppose.

WildWilly

Reaction score
so $1428/week for the cheapest one plus yearly fees.....when you take it down that far its really not too crazy considering the cheapest one is 4bd

69hondo

Reaction score
Where will these be on the lake? Cool concept I guess but the more they commercialize the lake the busier it will get.
I bet they will sell like crazy.
Rack storage next.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
so $1428/week for the cheapest one plus yearly fees.....when you take it down that far its really not too crazy considering the cheapest one is 4bd

How’d you arrive at that number?
Seems low?

WildWilly

Reaction score
How’d you arrive at that number?
Seems low?

says its a 35 year lease program, 3 weeks a year is 105 weeks divided by the $150k, then plus the yearly fees which I'm sure won't be cheap. But then again I guess there is some assumption on my part that the 35 year lease is the full length of time for the $150k

WildWilly

Reaction score
Just never understold the appeal of a timeshare. And at the end of that 35 years, you have a worthless hulk that needs to be thrown in the trash. No thanks.

according to them its not a timewhare, you are a co-owner of a certain percentage based on your buy in. for the cheapest one they are basically putting a price tag of $1.9 million on the unit. it says 60 day is 1/6th owner.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
most of the stuff on Powell is shared ownership? You can buy a week for pretty cheap on an older boat. Or pay up the ass up to 200K FOR ONE WEEK

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
according to them its not a timewhare, you are a co-owner of a certain percentage based on your buy in. for the cheapest one they are basically putting a price tag of $1.9 million on the unit. it says 60 day is 1/6th owner.
1.9 million!! They are smokin dope. Co owner, time share. Basically the same in the end. no Thanks either way.

FCT

Reaction score
They can word it however they would like in the end it’s the same shit.🤣

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So you just spent upwards of $1 million for a bad ass lot in a gated, high end waterfront community and now they are selling timeshares in the same community?

sirbob

Reaction score
Is this a drivable house boat that will have to rent a spot in the marina ? Or are they planning on building their own dock someplace ?

Its not for me but if someone else gets one, I’ll hang out on it for a week.

Taboma

Reaction score
Anybody know where the A/Cs or Heatpumps are located ? Given they're on the water, water source HPs would be the most efficient, but more spendy up front.
Wonder if each unit will have it's own greywater/sewer lift pump system ?
Interesting concept, wonder if any the really high dollar rollers, with a mansion above, will simply buy one for a weekender and fulltime dock and forgo the remaining co-owners ?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Have any of you guys stayed in a houseboat in Antelope Harbor - Powell? It is fun for 3-4 days... One step up from camping in your back yard as a kid. Supply runs with golf carts at all times of the day and night (others doing the same). Not my deal or idea of a good time. In terms of time share - honestly April-Oct would be the useable pool.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Anybody know where the A/Cs or Heatpumps are located ? Given they're on the water, water source HPs would be the most efficient, but more spendy up front.
Wonder if each unit will have it's own greywater/sewer lift pump system ?
Interesting concept, wonder if any the really high dollar rollers, with a mansion above, will simply buy one for a weekender and fulltime dock and forgo the remaining co-owners ?
Good point - it would be cool if @RiverDave bought one of these for us to hang out at. :D

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Not really clear who offering this “Time Share”? Doubtful Riviera. Riviera i think 40 year lease with options. All indications so far if Riviera built Hotel it would be first class like everything they have done. 1000s of people would enjoy that hotel over the 40 + years.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
While the boats technically have motors they aren’t really drivable. Meaning they will be parked in the slip permanently.

The slips themselves are on the right wing of docks kinda back behind that island so it is sheltered.. not that it matters the breakwater they have is no joke.

I’m not sure how they are handling the sewage etc..

This is a partnership with Bravata yachts, who builds all the first class houseboats on powell. I’m sure the units will be over the top nice.

I have seen the renderings of the docks etc.. I’m not 100% sure how you turn the golf cart around once you get out there?

You will end up driving down the dock that has the covered slips (party row) to get out to the houseboats..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here’s another rendering that was sent to me awhile back..
8ACE9710-4894-4D22-A234-36FDC5365695.jpeg

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Doesn’t look wide enough for golf carts. Bet they have dock carts for supplies from the pk lot to the boats like most marinas do.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Soon the lake will be like the seen from caddy shack employee pool day . 1 day a month for the common folk to boat . Slow boats will need 3x5 flags so there not run over . Unless your making money on this I don't see how it benefits the town

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
While the boats technically have motors they aren’t really drivable. Meaning they will be parked in the slip permanently.

The slips themselves are on the right wing of docks kinda back behind that island so it is sheltered.. not that it matters the breakwater they have is no joke.

I’m not sure how they are handling the sewage etc..

This is a partnership with Bravata yachts, who builds all the first class houseboats on powell. I’m sure the units will be over the top nice.

I have seen the renderings of the docks etc.. I’m not 100% sure how you turn the golf cart around once you get out there?

You will end up driving down the dock that has the covered slips (party row) to get out to the houseboats..
Awesome. So with my premier membership on RDP do I get a week for free or something?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If I was interested, I’d start by looking at what a 35 year old houseboat looks like…that’s what these are gonna look like.

The price premium paid, will continue to be paid regardless of the boat’s condition.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The small town charm has & is fading real fast.
I think the Orange County Grey Poupon style builds on the island pointed this town down that path in all honesty.
Grey puopon? Are you referencing the color?

hman442

Reaction score
If I was interested, I’d start by looking at what a 35 year old houseboat looks like…that’s what these are gonna look like.

The price premium paid, will continue to be paid regardless of the boat’s condition.
Kinda like signing up to own a motorhome for 35 years

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Before or after rack storage?

Asking for a friend.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
There's a reason why you don't swim in.marinas. there's usually enough voltage in the water to pucker your sphincter and when its.more people.die. a bunch of 4 bedroom water mansions all sucking dock power sounds like a bad idea. Do they do this anywhere else?

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Can the owners rent them out? Can’t imagine being that close to a raging party after spending that kind of money. This is an interesting concept