WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Home Bar

Let It Ride

Reaction score
This Bar made the 4th of July weekend a blast!, picked it up in Rancho where I had it made.
A2720843-8243-4089-8AAA-6D09A1BA4F98.jpeg
4AFC22CB-5B67-4825-8D18-10BD79A361FA.jpeg
EFB5A4C9-A286-4FA5-98E6-9EB0B6543777.jpeg
F2D2B303-661E-41FA-943A-0A591279B192.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nice set up and a pool to boot. Went to a friends a couple of nights And just hung out in the pool. I am ready for one myself.......

USMC2010

Reaction score
For that price and what it is constructed of why wouldn't you make it yourself?

sintax

Reaction score
Nice set up and a pool to boot. Went to a friends a couple of nights And just hung out in the pool. I am ready for one myself.......

Can’t imagine living out there full time and not having some water.

sintax

Reaction score

Might be one of those time vs money things? Then again he could be like my buddy, who can fab amazing things out of metal but can’t drive a nail to save his life?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Might be one of those time vs money things? Then again he could be like my buddy, who can fab amazing things out of metal but can’t drive a nail to save his life?
I'm not a construction expert but can build that myself for far less and have some satisfaction in it, but to your reply,,,maybe. I get there is a line between what one can do and just pay for it but that bar is both awesome and not worth its price.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Good looking setup.. just be sure to bust out the black lights every time you use it.. I can see the scorpions making a new play house out of it quick.

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

PUMPKIN TITS

Reaction score
Ill answer for him- Have you seen the price of lumber lately? Thats constructed of new lumber made to look old. The lumber and hardware alone probably cost $500. Then shop hour fee is probably $100-$200 an hour and probably a good ten hours of labor start to finish. Secondly and most important, after working as a blue collar slave labor worker for the past almost 40 years with crushed/broken fingers, lost finger nails, hundreds of stitches, catching myself on fire, torn ligaments/muscles, creaking knees, herniated discs, numerous eye injuries why the hell would I want to make that?! Screw that, pay the mojado $2800 and enjoy. My damn time is worth more than the money. Gracias.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Ill answer for him- Have you seen the price of lumber lately? Thats constructed of new lumber made to look old. The lumber and hardware alone probably cost $500. Then shop hour fee is probably $100-$200 an hour and probably a good ten hours of labor start to finish. Secondly and most important, after working as a blue collar slave labor worker for the past almost 40 years with crushed/broken fingers, lost finger nails, hundreds of stitches, catching myself on fire, torn ligaments/muscles, creaking knees, herniated discs, numerous eye injuries why the hell would I want to make that?! Screw that, pay the mojado $2800 and enjoy. My damn time is worth more than the money. Gracias.
You don't convince me with any of that. I built my own bar in the home I sold last year. To be clear, what he got is cool. I think given the build style and the cost of lumber he could have done it himself for less and have had some owner builder satisfaction...or is this still just a "big money look what I bought site"?

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
That's cool [emoji41]

Love all the wannabee home know it all's "I'd built it myself for 50 bucks." [emoji1782][emoji894]

Don't see any tho. . .

Seriously… the guy just posted a cool pic of his new bar and gets roasted. Crazy…

I think it came out great [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let It Ride

Reaction score
You don't convince me with any of that. I built my own bar in the home I sold last year. To be clear, what he got is cool. I think given the build style and the cost of lumber he could have done it himself for less and have had some owner builder satisfaction...or is this still just a "big money look what I bought site"?

LOL, thanks for having that much confidence in my carpentry abilities since you’ve never met or know me. Kind of bizarre how you can blast out on what I’m suppose to do, funny SH-IT. This was not in no way look at what I got, ”a $2,800 wooden bar”, really? I don‘t roll that way. My true intentions here were to advertise my bar purchase for a family man who builds these, maybe he could get some business. COVID put dampers on some in different ways, so before you start barking on what you think I should do, you need to check yourself.

USMC2010

Reaction score
LOL, thanks for having that much confidence in my carpentry abilities since you’ve never met or know me. Kind of bizarre how you can blast out on what I’m suppose to do, funny SH-IT. This was not in no way look at what I got, ”a $2,800 wooden bar”, really? I don‘t roll that way. My true intentions here were to advertise my bar purchase for a family man who builds these, maybe he could get some business. COVID put dampers on some in different ways, so before you start barking on what you think I should do, you need to check yourself.
Fair enough

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score

I appreciate the post and info. I am an accountant so while I could probably make one of these it would take me 30+ hours and it would surely look like shit compared to this thing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

you just described me but I machine not fab.. lol. The idea of anything wood is beyond me.